• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can cloneDVDmobile get along well with DVD-9?

tripleclaws

I tried to clone DVD-9 and all not impressive...extremely low rate convertion and I gave up

My pack is cloneDVDmobile 1.1.4.1

I tried to clone DVD-9 and all not impressive...extremely low rate convertion and I gave up

Sorry? I don't get it.
What does "extremely low rate convertion" mean?

have you tried adjusting some of the settings for resolution and video quality (output file size)?
remember,clonedvdmobile is generally used for putting dvd's onto ipod's,mobile phones and other portable devices.
unless you use the highest settings for DivX or iPod,you will not end up with broadcast quality material.

Sorry? I don't get it.
What does "extremely low rate convertion" mean?

When the source is DVD-9 disk, the conversion is too slow, very, very
The status bar is alomost not moving...and there's noices at the written drive

I have no problem with normal DVD...smooth conversion in quite rapid

have you tried adjusting some of the settings for resolution and video quality (output file size)?
remember,clonedvdmobile is generally used for putting dvd's onto ipod's,mobile phones and other portable devices.
unless you use the highest settings for DivX or iPod,you will not end up with broadcast quality material.

I know what the pack is best for, as its name refers, mobile devices
Mine is DivX and I always set minimal settings

And I don't think it's the matter of setting..whatever it provide in output size
it can be achieved, otherwise it's supposed not to be given as alternate settings

I have no problem with normal DVD...I cloned loads of them

I will straight to you...Have you guy succeeded cloning any DVD-9?

Last edited:
I will straight to you...Have you guy succeeded cloning any DVD-9?

More than 99% of all commercial DVDs are DVD-9, so if CloneDVD mobile really had a specific problem with those, you can bet that this forum would burst from complains about this.

and there's noices at the written drive
Erm, clonedvd mobile doesn't write to optical media. Unless you're telling it to output to a DVD-RAM drive, this would be a bad idea.

Erm, clonedvd mobile doesn't write to optical media. Unless you're telling it to output to a DVD-RAM drive, this would be a bad idea.

Good point here - is this about CloneDVD mobile at all? Or are we talking about CloneDVD?

Have you guy succeeded cloning any DVD-9?
i converted 'saving private ryan' to iPod hi-res setting with clonedvd mobile.the film is about 2hrs 45 mins long.and it took about 35-40 mins to do on my laptop.
most of my other films (well over 50 of them) are on dvd9 discs.most took less then 40 mins.the vast majority took around 29 mins to convert to iPod format.

Good point here - is this about CloneDVD mobile at all? Or are we talking about CloneDVD?

It's all about CloneDVDmobile. When I said there's noice in the written drive I mean my read/write drive where you insert the target disc. I don't know why this problem happened to DVD-9 discs...The cloning seems to take too longer time as usual and I din't finish the job cause I'm afraid it will damage my drive

For nomal DVD I used to clone (to DivX output) it took only fewer than hour
depending on the target disc movie time.

Maybe my DVD-9 movie is not original, my normal DVD is neither too but I can clone them :doh:

It's all about CloneDVDmobile. When I said there's noice in the written drive I mean my read/write drive where you insert the target disc. I don't know why this problem happened to DVD-9 discs...The cloning seems to take too longer time as usual and I din't finish the job cause I'm afraid it will damage my drive

Well, then I'll have to pick up right there again: how are you writing to a target disc with CloneDVD mobile?
CloneDVD mobile is designed to read from DVD discs and convert them into video files on the hard drive. It's not meant to write to DVDs.

Well, then I'll have to pick up right there again: how are you writing to a target disc with CloneDVD mobile?
CloneDVD mobile is designed to read from DVD discs and convert them into video files on the hard drive. It's not meant to write to DVDs.

Sorry, I mean the source disc (DVD-9), there's noice when the drive is reading between the cloning start working
I know the clone process, it converts from DVD to avi and saving file in my PC
The process is simple because the program is designed for that, so don't question my understanding how to use it.

The only point I tried to address is...The clone process seems to take too much longer time with DVD-9...so I'm thinking there must be something wrong or protected in DVD-9 (atleast, all my DVD-9) that CloneDVDmobile cannot clone it, it's damaging my read/write drive too coz I heard a trouble sound

Sorry again for my English

Sorry, I mean the source disc (DVD-9), there's noice when the drive is reading between the cloning start working
I know the clone process, it converts from DVD to avi and saving file in my PC
The process is simple because the program is designed for that, so don't question my understanding how to use it.

The only point I tried to address is...The clone process seems to take too much longer time with DVD-9...so I'm thinking there must be something wrong or protected in DVD-9 (atleast, all my DVD-9) that CloneDVDmobile cannot clone it, it's damaging my read/write drive too coz I heard a trouble sound

Sorry again for my English

Well it's definitely not CloneDVD mobile causing this. That program just reads from the drive, that's all.
Sounds to me, like your drive is broken - might have trouble reading dual layer and therefore needs to re-read a lot.

Well it's definitely not CloneDVD mobile causing this. That program just reads from the drive, that's all.
Sounds to me, like your drive is broken - might have trouble reading dual layer and therefore needs to re-read a lot.

This sounds most reasonable explanation. But, if the drvie is broken or hard-to-read double layer, why I can play DVD-9 with my multi media player in my PC by using the same drive. No truble sound too

Last edited:
This sounds most reasonable explanation. But, if the drvie is broken or hard-to-read double layer, why I can play DVD-9 with my multi media player in my PC by using the same drive. No truble sound too

When you play a DVD with a player, the required data rate is much lower. If you copy or rip a disc, the software reads the data at the highest possible rate. That's the main difference.

When you play a DVD with a player, the required data rate is much lower. If you copy or rip a disc, the software reads the data at the highest possible rate. That's the main difference.

I just replaced CloneDVDmobile 1.1.4.0 with 1.1.5.4 today
And I tried to clone 2 movies
1st is a normal DVD and finishing time is only 46 minutes
2nd is a DVD-9 and the remaining time to create video file is between 128 - 150 minutes when time's going....I quit the clone in the middle way coz I can't wait

So, is this normal anyway?
Should I buy a new DVD drive?

I just replaced CloneDVDmobile 1.1.4.0 with 1.1.5.4 today
And I tried to clone 2 movies
1st is a normal DVD and finishing time is only 46 minutes
2nd is a DVD-9 and the remaining time to create video file is between 128 - 150 minutes when time's going....I quit the clone in the middle way coz I can't wait

So, is this normal anyway?
Should I buy a new DVD drive?

46 minutes sounds reasonable to me. DVD9 is almost double the data so, depending on the number of passes you use, those figures are good. It's normal, save your money and stock up on patience :D

46 minutes sounds reasonable to me. DVD9 is almost double the data so, depending on the number of passes you use, those figures are good. It's normal, save your money and stock up on patience :D

What's the pass? I use just 1

If 150 minutes is normal to DVD-9, so I have no more questions.

What's the pass? I use just 1

If 150 minutes is normal to DVD-9, so I have no more questions.

Number of passes is the number of times CloneDVDMobile goes over the same bit of data to improve the quality. Theoretically, the more the better.

A combination of factors like your PC spec, size of the video, DVD9, number of passes etc can all influence the time necessary.

Back