• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

skip unskippable intro movies?

Zeratul

is there a possible way to tell gamejackel to skip (or enable to skip) the unskippable intro movies? (ie the pos ubisoft logo on every one of its games)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

is there a possible way to tell gamejackel to skip (or enable to skip) the unskippable intro movies? (ie the pos ubisoft logo on every one of its games)

No option exists in Game Jackal

i assumed as much.

does anyone know of any way to get rid of those???

i got rid of the intro thing in splinter cell chaos theory by editing some kind of file and deleting the names of the intro movies that werent skippable. but i dont remember how i did it and i seem to remember that the program replaced the movies with a black screen the length of the movie, so i didnt have to watch the movie, but it still took the same amount of time to get to the starting screen.

Hmmm... the only way I can think of doing this would be to send a string of key strokes to the game (i.e. escape etc). Might be an idea for a plugin ;)

i dont like them either...

An idea you might want to try, but it does involve going into the program directory itself, so you've been warned.

You navigate to the program folder of the game and look for a folder named "movies" or something to that effect. Once inside the folder you'll want to find any files ending with a .mpg, .avi, or in the usual case of games .bik. Once you've found the offending files, simply append ".bak" (or anything really...) to the name. What you're doing is preventing the game from "seeing" the files and thus they wont play. Another warning here, if any are named "ending" or if they sound important, dont rename them...you'd hate to play through a game and NOT see the ending you so rightly deserve. But, hey, that's why we append .BAK to the end of the files...in case we do remove a needed movie. Let me give a quick example to illustrate:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\Movies

Inside this folder i found 7 files:
AtariLogo.bik
Credits.bik
Intro.bik
Legal.bik
NvidiaLogo.bik
OIELogo.bik
WoTCLogo.bik

These all look pretty boring save Intro.bik...but hey even then...i might get bored of it. All i do is then append .BAK to all the filenames so they read:
AtariLogo.bik.BAK and so on...
End result? No more annoying splash movies.8)

Hope thats clear enough.

You really need to go to the forums that are specific for the game(s) you wish to find out aboout skiping the intro. You would get answers and directions faster and maybe some links to user made mods to do it for you. Some are easy such as Stalker where you add -nointro to the shortcut properties, more involved like the neverwinter methods (basically the same process as BF2), others just hitting a specific key. Anyway,your game specific forums are the place to head to or just Google and you will have your answers.

Back