• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Local database file location? Nothing in my C:\......\Slysoft\AnyDVD\ directory?

x265king

Hello.

I was a 1 year license holder which is about to expire in 48 hours or so, with the recent direction changes of ownership/business plan, I am not so sure I would like to remain as a customer... at least not until things have been settled for good for once and all.

That being said, I'm the type of user who does automated restores of my entire operating system every two weeks or so, which as you have probably guessed by now, wipes the entire contents of my hostdrive, aka C:\ and re-writes it all over from the backup file.

Now, I've been peeking at other threads here and there and they all claim there is a local database on our systems that can be "copied" over manually from PCs to PCs etc, according to the following thread, the cached database of decrypted Blu-Ray discs should be located somewhere within C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/whe...and-can-i-saved-it-to-another-location.68366/

However on my system, I see no such local database, I do have said directory but it only contains two files; AnyDVD.chk (.chk = check file?) and a tiny encrypted non human readable file AnyDVD.lic (.lic = license file?) which appears to contain details about my license (which again expires in 48 hours or so).

Also according to this second thread right here, forum user named "Peer" whom appears to be from the Redfox development team stated that the right directory indeed was "C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD\" and that the local database filename should be vidcache.bin.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/online-decrypt-database-problem.50823/#post-329816

However there again, I have scanned my entire hostdrive C:\ and have yet to locate *any* file with a such name, I simply have no vidcache.bin file on my host drive, at all.

Now, in about a week or so, I have my next scheduled automatic system restore at 3:00AM, which will wipe my entire system (and I like it that way), by then my one year AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.3 license will have expired and it would seem logical for my access to the OPD revoked (which again makes sense, that isn't the point of the thread, really, I'm fine with that).

My concern is that if at the same time if I don't hold a local database file of the 600 Blu-Rays I have decrypted over the past days saved up somewhere on a different/separate data drive/partition, then I'm pretty much fucked.

My ultimate question is: Could anyone tell me exactly where in the world is stored the real local database of discs we already have decrypted?!?

PS: By the way, if that should matter, my operating system is Windows 7 Enterprise and I'm logged on the console with a local Administrator account profile.

Cheers.

Last edited:
@mike20021969: ???

It looks like a license file to me, the extension suggests it ".lic", the contents looks like a hashed license key to me.
I'm guessing if I went ahead and manually deleted the file and taskkill.exe'd the running AnyDVD related processes and restarted them manually, the program would then complain of a lack of license or rather lack of registration.

Either way, the thread wasn't about the license file, it was about the lack of presence of a local database file allegedly named vidcache.bin supposedly found in "C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD\", which then again, is simply not there.

By the way if a Slysoft/Redfox employee wonders if I'm spitting bullshit out or what, my serial is ******** HD, registered to: F******* L**** and expires on the 29/03/2016 so you can check it in your database. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know on my systems in the 'ProgramDATA\Slysoft\AnyDVD' folder I have 2 folders one called 'Cache' and one called AIScanner. Inside the 'Cache' folder I have .dt1 files which get added on certain discs.
On a lot of older discs I run through nothing gets added to that folder. I can only assume that that is because the older discs are already included in the offline database, (this is a fairly fresh install so none of the older discs have been run through AnyDVD HD on this machine) especially the older AACS only discs although I'd want confirmation of that from someone at Slysoft

Last edited:
It looks like a license file to me, the extension suggests it ".lic", the contents looks like a hashed license key to me.
What I mean/meant is if you change .lic to .txt, you can see the contents within.
If you delete the .lic file, yes your registration info will be lost. Restore it and everything back to normal.

I know on my systems in the 'ProgramDATA\Slysoft\AnyDVD' folder I have 2 folders one called 'Cache' and one called AIScanner. Inside the 'Cache' folder I have .dt1 files which get added on certain discs.
On a lot of older discs I run through nothing gets added to that folder. I can only assume that that is because the older discs are already included in the offline database, (this is a fairly fresh install so none of the older discs have been run through AnyDVD HD on this machine) especially the older AACS only discs although I'd want confirmation of that from someone at Slysoft
When I did a clean install of Windows 10 I forgot to copy the folder over. After almost 4 months the folder doesn't have that many files in the folders you noted. That said, I honestly don't know exactly when files are written to the cache folder, etc.

Edit: I also haven't had much opportunity to make use of the software in the last 6+ months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
x265king, I removed your serial number from your post. Posting it was not necessary or recommended in the forums.

When I did a clean install of Windows 10 I forgot to copy the folder over. After almost 4 months the folder doesn't have that many files in the folders you noted. That said, I honestly don't know exactly when files are written to the cache folder, etc.

Edit: I also haven't had much opportunity to make use of the software in the last 6+ months.

I'm the same, haven't done many disks on my latest install, but I know when I tested it this morning older disks didn't get added, but when I tested Skyfall it added a new .dt1 file into the cache folder (Skyfall uses BD+). Just went back and tested The Simpsons Movie which is the first disk with BD+ and that adds a .dt1 file to the cache folder, so it looks like it only adds files if it needs to access the online database, otherwise it seems to manage it locally so doesn't need to add anything to the cache folder.

The second post the OP refers to is from over 4 years ago, and I think things have changed since then

... My concern is that if at the same time if I don't hold a local database file of the 600 Blu-Rays I have decrypted over the past days saved up somewhere on a different/separate data drive/partition, then I'm pretty much fucked.

My ultimate question is: Could anyone tell me exactly where in the world is stored the real local database of discs we already have decrypted?!?

See post
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/slysoft-closed.68304/page-4#post-423889
for details about what the OPD contains and what is cached locally.

AnyDVD comes with a local AACS key database (BDPHash.bin).
The local OPD cache for BD+ protection is in \ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache. Just save and restore all *.dt1 files. But the OPD isn't used at all for most BDs, so don't expect too many files in the cache.

Back