• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New patch PowerDVD Ultra build 3104a.1 released today

I still have the same problem with the screen going green on certain Blu-ray movies. If I go back to build 2911 it goes away

I still have the same problem with the screen going green on certain Blu-ray movies. If I go back to build 2911 it goes away

I have not had that problem with the screen going green...which BR movie are you having this problem with? I'm on version 3104.

I installed the new patch. The program icon changed and I noticed that under the audio options, the speaker enviroment option no longer lets you select SPDIF. Just Headphones, 2, 4, 6, 7, or 8 speaker options.

I have not had that problem with the screen going green...which BR movie are you having this problem with? I'm on version 3104.

I've tried both 3104 releases and they both give the same problem. if the movie is h264 it goes green and unwatchable. If I go back to 2911 everything is fine

I've tried both 3104 releases and they both give the same problem. if the movie is h264 it goes green and unwatchable. If I go back to 2911 everything is fine

Can you name one specific movie, I'd like to try it.

As Jdohn2002 has stated above, with this latest build/release/update S/PDIF has been suppressed and I cannot get DD5.1 sound.

In previous versions, worked fine

I installed the new patch. The program icon changed and I noticed that under the audio options, the speaker enviroment option no longer lets you select SPDIF. Just Headphones, 2, 4, 6, 7, or 8 speaker options.

You're right. WTF is that all about?! That's not very impressive at all...I'm really beginning to hate this software with a passion.

No such issues here, spdif is there. Silly question I know but you guys are selecting it before playing film as spdif selecion is not available during playback ?

Vista32 here btw.

I'm on vista and if I go into audio options, SPDIF is no longer in the drop down of options. (While no video is open...just straight into PowerDVD Ultra and to the options screen)

I'm on vista and if I go into audio options, SPDIF is no longer in the drop down of options. (While no video is open...just straight into PowerDVD Ultra and to the options screen)

Very strange m8 :confused: Realtek onboard audio here.

Trust me I know. I've truly about had it with this software. I really have...

I'm running Vista Business 32bit on my laptop with a realtek soundcard and it gives me the spdif options.

The films that corrupt for me seem to be ones that use mpe4 4 avc, The Rock, and Seven years in Tibet are 2 of them, but if I roll back to 2911 they work fine

I'm running Vista Business 32bit on my laptop with a realtek soundcard and it gives me the spdif options.

The films that corrupt for me seem to be ones that use mpe4 4 avc, The Rock, and Seven years in Tibet are 2 of them, but if I roll back to 2911 they work fine

Does it go green right away or after several minutes of play? I will be trying Seven years in tibet shortly on the new version of PDVD and let you know.

As soon as the main film starts it goes green and corrupted

Have you tried a clean install? I don't have Vista and it's always possible that has an impact but I have Use SPDIF in my dropdown menu. Too bad I can't actually make any use of it, though.

Edit: I upgraded from Deluxe straight to Ultra 7.3.3104 and now the 7.3.3104a.1 update.

Last edited:
Have you tried a clean install? I don't have Vista and it's always possible that has an impact but I have Use SPDIF in my dropdown menu. Too bad I can't actually make any use of it, though.

Edit: I upgraded from Deluxe straight to Ultra 7.3.3104 and now the 7.3.3104a.1 update.

In order to do a clean install I need to email the morons a cyberlink to provide me with a link to the full installer. So no, I simply did an upgrade. As I said, I'm beginning to HATE this software more and more.

A re-boot fixed the icon and brought back S/PDIF for me.

Strange but hey it works!

In order to do a clean install I need to email the morons a cyberlink to provide me with a link to the full installer. So no, I simply did an upgrade. As I said, I'm beginning to HATE this software more and more.

Yeah, um, I'm in the same boat as far as that. I upgraded from 6 to 7 Deluxe and now 7 Ultra. So to install the software I have to install an old copy I archived of PowerDVD 6 then upgrade to an old archived PowerDVD 7 Deluxe and then run the 7 Ultra upgrade which uninstalls the 7 Deluxe version and then installs the 7 Ultra version. It's idiotic, indeed. Thankfully I'm a packrat so I actually had the old installers.

I've actually contemplated attempting to deal with customer service and trying to work out a way to get the full install. I think the headache involved will just drive me to an early death, though. I've used PowerDVD since like version 3. If/when TheaterTek adds BR/HD support [and I can actually have an HD drive] I'll have no need for PowerDVD but I got it just in case.

Last edited:
Seriously they're going to pray that no other software hits the market that can play BD/HD DVD cause as soon as it does there will be a mass revolt against PowerDVD Ultra. It is truly one of the worst pieces of multimedia software I've ever used. This is coming from a former PowerDVD fan!!! I don't know what it is about Ultra that's so difficult to get right, but, they've just done a TERRIBLE job on every level. I'm definitely not amused.

Back