• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback ripped HD DVD with Nero 7 U.E. Enhanced

zero269

Hello,

I just ripped Full Metal Jacket onto my computer using my XBOX 360 HD DVD player (using the current AnyDVD HD).

When trying to play it from the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) with the Enhanced version of Nero 7 Ultra Edition (just downloaded and installed), I am instructed to install the Blue-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in. That's funny, under the features for this software, it states that it is supported.

As I wait for customer service to respond to my ticket, I wanted to know that once this plug-in is resolved, will I be able to play this HD DVD from my HDD? I have no desire to purchase another program, so I hope Nero Showtime does the trick. Anyone using this technique that can enlighten me on this?

I created a Disc Image (.nrg) on the HDD. Can I mount this image to play directly from the HDD? If so, which Nero application is used?

Thanks in advance

Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced features

Hello,

I just ripped Full Metal Jacket onto my computer using my XBOX 360 HD DVD player (using the current AnyDVD HD).

When trying to play it from the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) with the Enhanced version of Nero 7 Ultra Edition (just downloaded and installed), I am instructed to install the Blue-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in. That's funny, under the features for this software, it states that it is supported.

As I wait for customer service to respond to my ticket, I wanted to know that once this plug-in is resolved, will I be able to play this HD DVD from my HDD? I have no desire to purchase another program, so I hope Nero Showtime does the trick. Anyone using this technique that can enlighten me on this?

I created a Disc Image (.nrg) on the HDD. Can I mount this image to play directly from the HDD? If so, which Nero application is used?

Thanks in advance

Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced features
I've given up on Nero Showtime. It is supposed to support Blu-Ray/HDDVD, but doesn't seem to. I haven't tried in 2 months though - maybe they fixed something, but I doubt it. A waste of my money is all it was for me.

I think everyone just uses PowerDVD 7.3

Keep in mind that supporting something and doing it are two different things. Vista supports HD playback but you need software to do it.... I also was confused by that so i bought Nero as well. What itcan do is burn HD and BR content but they are not able to play it unless you purchase that additional plug-in. If you get them to agree to give you that please let me know so i can then call and do the same.

Nero 7 doesn't say it will play back BDMV(commercial Blu-ray) it states it only plays back BDAV discs, and it doesn't state that it will play back HD-dvd's either it says 'Capture, edit and watch HD Video' Nothing about HD-dvd there. You need the plugin to watch HD-dvd's

Nero 7 doesn't say it will play back BDMV(commercial Blu-ray) it states it only plays back BDAV discs, and it doesn't state that it will play back HD-dvd's either it says 'Capture, edit and watch HD Video' Nothing about HD-dvd there. You need the plugin to watch HD-dvd's
I've purchased the hd plug-in.
Some of my Blu-Rays will play and some won't. So I don't even bother with Showtime (every now and then I try it though, and it usually shows a black screen :( )

Interested in letting my try the key they gave you to see if it works for HD DVD?:agree:

Interested in letting my try the key they gave you to see if it works for HD DVD?:agree:
i have hddvd as well ... i'll do some tests when i get home and see what works and what doesnt.

No really its no bother i can do the tests. just need that key!!! promise i will disable it when i am done!

let us know if it works.

Showtime works fine with my HD-dvd's (around 40) but Blu-ray films are not supported, you may get it to play the m2ts file, but the menu structure of a commercial disc isn't supported

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I received word from Nero's customer support, and they informed me that I will need the Plug-in to playback HD DVD's with Nero Showtime.

I figure I will spend the $25 for the Plug-in, rather than the $99 for a new program. Not all computers behave the same way, and so it may or may not work everytime, but I am confident that Nero will iron out any problems in due time. I just want to start building my HD movie library, and I have plenty of 500GB SATA's to fill up, and utilizing the Netgear SC-101T for network storage.

A WARNING regarding any new users. I lost over 300GB's when I set it up the SC-101T. I was not given the option to format the HDD, and it should not have required it. I will have to contact Netgear and find out how to insert a new Volume HDD without it erasing any existing data.

I am sure I can store about 15 - 20 of my most favorite HD DVD's on one 500GB HDD.

Well, back to the Plug-in. I will purchase and install it tonight. I just want to be able to watch it from the HDD onto my Plasma that is not HDCP compliant.
A $1000 to upgrade my Video Card in the Pioneer PDP-505CMX. A $25 Plug-in is a remarkable remedy.

Oh, and AdBear, do you have stock in Blue-ray? Not to sound sarcastic, but I noticed in a lot of your threads - regardless of the main subject - you manage to squeeze in Blue-ray.

Thanks for your advice everyone, and I will post back by this weekend with some good news . . . hopefully.

No I don't, I also have around 40 Hd-dvd films. Most of my post from what I can remember are about trying to get software working with Blu-ray(don't need to mention it with HD-DVD as it always seems to work) Not sure which you are refering to when you say I manage to squeeze in Blu-ray. If I mention it then there's usualy a good reason for it

Thanks for your advice everyone, and I will post back by this weekend with some good news . . . hopefully.

Well, I'm back early. I purchased the Blue-ray/HD DVD Plug-in and activated it by entering the appropriate serial.

Some good news and bad news.

The good news is that FMJ played fine from the HDD. It would not play from the 360's player though. I'm not too disappointed about it, mainly because I plan to back up my movies onto HDD's instead of the over-priced HD DVD Recordables.

At $10 minimum per disc, that means $100 for 10 movies. Oh wait, that's the 15GB single layer discs, which means I would need to buy a 30GB dual layer that I did not see available yet. Even if it is, I bet it's around $20. Damn, that's how much my FMJ original HD DVD was. Oh well, the HDD it is.

I have not tried the Blue-ray DVD's yet, because I do not have the tools necessary.

Which brings me to doing some research in the forums on how to rip a Blue-ray to my HDD on my PC. (PS3 direct connect like the 360's???)

I can't get this to work either. I bought Prmium Reloaded which is supposed to do Blu-Ray and HD-DVD out the box but it doesn't. I only want to playback from HDD as all my backups are on a network.

Does Nero detect your attached drives and only let you playback if you have the right drive attached? If so that blows...

Adam

You need to read the Nero site properly, It will NOT play back commercial Blu-ray discs using the BDMV format, only discs made using the BDAV format (ones made in PowerDirector, or Moviefactory) And it also states
With a plug-in* available as an additional purchase, the updated version of Nero 7 Premium Reloaded supports HD DVD playback in Nero ShowTime
People always make this mistake

I think it is criminal they can get away with making you *think* it will work, I mean what use is it without? Not much for the average Joe...

Well I coughed up for the plugin and oh joy it doesn't work.

HD-DVD playback from HDD just crashes with a Runtime error and when I try a BD I get a message saying BD are not supported:

"Missing features: BluRay Video

Nero 7 Premium cannot perform the requested action as this functionality is currently not supported by Nero."

I tried playing back the individual BD files but I get no sound and it runs about 1/10th normal speed.

When doing the same on an HD-DVD I got an error similiar to above but saying TrueHD is unsupported before it crashed again, don't say I need yet another plugin?

Thanks,

Adam

I did say in one of my earlier posts that it only plays back BDAV file structure and not commercial BDMV. They even state on the webpage that the plugin allows you to play back BDAV
Blu-ray format supported is BD-AV (BD-RE 2.0 / BD-R 1.0).

PowerDVD 7 Ultra is the only program at the moment that plays back both types of commercial discs

AngelEyes, I could try it out for you, swing that plug-in key my way and i could try for you. Does your PC have the right specs for HD playback? you did try double-clicking the largest .EVO file and say open with showtime? still no worky?

On a side note before i redid my pc i was able to get sound from a HD DVD rip in WMP but no video. After installing Haali Media Splitter i was able to get video but no sound. so i am sure there is a way to get both working and just using WMP and not having to pay for Cyber or Nero, just havent got back to try it again.

Back