• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16 is out!

hadar

PowerDVD 16 is out! *No* UHD-BD support. :( What do you think?
Here is a list of the new features in the latest version CyberLink PowerDVD.

•All new TV mode* that helps you recreate a cinema experience in your own home.

•Cast media to a Chromecast, Apple TV, or Roku device*.

•Play media on extended Miracast-certified devices and displays connected via an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, D-Sub connection*.

•An improved TrueTheater algorithm for even smarter and sharper enhancements.

•Play protected video content stored on SeeQVault enabled devices*.

•Resume playback on video files in the My Computer tab and access to Windows "Favorites" folder.

•Import personal settings and existing media library when updating from previous version.

•DSD (Direct-Stream Digital) audio output support.

•Support for the FLAC audio codec and MVC 3D codec for MKV video files.

•Extract audio from multiple video files at once, or an entire video folder.

•VobSub embedded subtitle support for MKV and MP4 video, and compressed external PGS subtitles for MKV files.

PowerDVD 17.0.1201.60 beta patch installer

Last edited:
Last edited:
So no hope for AACS 2.0 being cracked..
I'm pretty sure in an earlier post someone from Slysoft said that that wasn't how they cracked it on their side as that loophole was closed up pretty quickly.

Hopefully they'll add in playback for UHD discs in an update

According to Wikipedia, the last 3 versions had release dates from early to mid April.
So you may have a week or 3 to wait before being able to purchase.
Those updates were just to fix new release bugs, not roll out a major update like UHD-Blu-ray support.
Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing better for Cyberlink to support UHD-Blu-ray, but with no real official readers out there, if they were to release a version now, I think it would be a disaster.
People would be scrambling to find a reader _ the forums would be filled with questions about what reader should I buy ? Plus the fact that the only reader that can appear to see the files has to have a service code of N50, but doesn't give that info on venders sites, is just ridiculous. (I don't even think it's printed on the box)
Why did LG do this, or was it just an accident, why didn't LG change the model number like they did over in Europe when the new service code was applied ?

I'll drop another line to Cyberlinks' support page and report back here if I have any real info about it.

A trial download of PowerDVD 16.0.1510.60 is available here (163 MB). You can use PowerDVD 16 offline but it requires that you connect to the internet at least once every 30 days to ensure your subscription is still active (in case you have one).

Added user's guide to first post so you can get more information without installing the trial. ;)

Too bad there is not any real competition for Cyberlink PowerDVD 16 at a better price.

I would like to find an equal to PowerDVD 16, to work with Process Monitor to find the valid movie only MPLS.
POwerDVD 10? 11? 12? 13? 14? 15?

I still use PVDVD 10 Ultra, I am on SS so I am not going to upgrade, but I have tried the other in trials and I like my V10 the best.

No* UHD-BD support:
I think this isn't a smart move at all, but the strange thing is PowerDVD Main Website, doesn't indicate there is or was a New version at the begin with.
Maybe they are going to change it in the Final product, I Hope! ;)

But to be fair there is still no UHD Player or UHD Burner for the PC, so maybe they wait on that and when it finally can be bought.
Then maybe they are going to make this in 17. ;)

You can use PowerDVD 16 offline but it requires that you connect to the internet at least once every 30 days to ensure your subscription is still active (in case you have one).
This isn't a smart move at all, many people like still things offline, just like me.
Hopefully they are going to change this. ;)

No* UHD-BD support:
I think this isn't a smart move at all, but the strange thing is PowerDVD Main Website, doesn't indicate there is or was a New version at the begin with.
Maybe they are going to change it in the Final product, I Hope! ;)

But to be fair there is still no UHD Player or UHD Burner for the PC, so maybe they wait on that and when it finally can be bought.
Then maybe they are going to make this in 17. ;)

You can use PowerDVD 16 offline but it requires that you connect to the internet at least once every 30 days to ensure your subscription is still active (in case you have one).
This isn't a smart move at all, many people like still things offline, just like me.
Hopefully they are going to change this. ;)
The player or the reader, which should come first.
They're still pondering over the chicken and the egg...

My guess is that both will be out there pretty much at the same time.
You'll find UHD readers bundled together with a Cyberlink product that doesn't really work that well and you will be forced to upgrade to a working version, even if the format is new.

This is the reader bdxl,
& it's cheap as hell.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    799.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    870.6 KB · Views: 37
This is the reader bdxl,
& it's cheap as hell.
Didn't know there was a Reader already. ;)
Find a Burner aswel Pioneer BDR-206MBK, but it isn't Cheap $200 :( & LG WH14NS40 $49.99. ;)
Hopefully there also will be a BDXL External Burner. ;)
MhPTSqD.png

Last edited:
From posts over at videohelp etc the bh16/wh16ns40 can't process uhd, but the newer revision ns50 can.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Didn't know there was a Reader already. ;)
Find a Burner aswel Pioneer BDR-206MBK, but it isn't Cheap $200 :( & LG WH14NS40 $49.99. ;)
Hopefully there also will be a BDXL External Burner. ;)
Are you sure the BDR-206MBK reads UHD discs? That drive is from 2011 so I doubt it will. Just because a BDR drive reads BDXL doesn't mean it can read UHD discs. I've tested the current desktop range from Pioneer (BDR-209EBK & S09XLT) as well as the external BDR-XD05T, all of which support BDXL, but don't recognize a UHD movie disc. So far the only drive I've found to see the contents of a UHD disc is the LG BH16NS55.
I did ask Pioneer about it and they replied
As of this time we have not received any notification that an update will
be released to support UHD media. Not sure if the limitation is with the
firmware or something to do with the actual hardware.

Are you sure the BDR-206MBK reads UHD discs? That drive is from 2011 so I doubt it will. Just because a BDR drive reads BDXL doesn't mean it can read UHD discs. I've tested the current desktop range from Pioneer (BDR-209EBK & S09XLT) as well as the external BDR-XD05T, all of which support BDXL, but don't recognize a UHD movie disc. So far the only drive I've found to see the contents of a UHD disc is the LG BH16NS55.
I did ask Pioneer about it and they replied
Onto the Mainpage they say they can use UHD Discs, but I'm definally not sure because I don't bought any yet.
Also I will wait when I know the Movies can be Back-Upped with AnyDVD, otherwise it doesn't have a use here I think. ;)
Also what I definally don't like if I want to watch a Movie I need Internet to watch. :(
So hopefully AnyDVD makes something to prevent this also into the Future for UHD Disks and if possible also for PowerDVD 30 Days Re-Check. ;)

Back