• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone CD verses Copy DVD in Nero Express

Zephyr

Hello All,
After having to throw away a couple of commercial DVDs because my daughter was somewhat rough in her handling of them (she's 2.5 yrs), I now make backups. A question... these DVDs are always relatively small so they fit on a normal DVD. I seem to be able to make acceptable backups using AnyDVD with Nero Express using the Copy DVD option. Is there any difference between the result I achieve using this process and that which I would have if I used AnyDVD and CloneCD ?
Thanks in advance...

if you are copying dvd5 to dvd5 or dvd9 to dvd9 (using either program) i wouldnt have thought there'd be much difference in picture quality.
you only notice picture quality deterioration when copying from dvd9 (dual layer) to dvd5 (single layer).

Many thanks for the quick reply.
Best regards...

Just as an aside some of the new commercial releases are on single layer disks. Maybe a cost reduction already compressed? My copy of the astronaut farmer for instance. I used CloneCD to a SL disk for a 1:1 backup.

Just as an aside some of the new commercial releases are on single layer disks. Maybe a cost reduction already compressed? My copy of the astronaut farmer for instance. I used CloneCD to a SL disk for a 1:1 backup.

Sounds like you a pirated copy.

If it is it was purchased at the local Wal~Mart.

By the way, I bought a copy of "Frank and Jesse" the Rob Lowe version, at the same time and it was on a single layer disk as well.

Last edited:
Summies for SL commercial release movies

Sounds like you a pirated copy.

Here are the summaries for the two disks, do they look pirated? They were purchased at Wal~Mart and have wide screen one one side and full on the other.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.9)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552U US08 0116
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2002310 sectors (3910 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_ASTRONAUT_FARMER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.9)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552U US08 0116
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2091760 sectors (4085 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: FRANKJESSE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

There are always a few new releases that are out on single layer DVDs. However, most releases are on double layer DVDs. The push to HD formats will come from price reductions, not from movies released on single layers....

Back