• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.3 beta

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This release should fix the bugs mentioned in the changelog.
Please have a go at it if you previously had these problems and post your results.
Thank you all for your input!

Version 1.1.5.3 beta: 2007 08 06
- fix: with selected subtitles, CloneDVD mobile crashed on some
titles
- fix: MP4Box.exe didn't work under Vista, so PSP full resolution
files weren't created - workaround implemented
- fix: a bug in mencoder.exe resulted in faulty AVC files

Download here

Last edited:
this seems to work just fine!
tried the recode and the subtitles now show as expected in quicktime so i guess they'll show on the ipod to
will test tomorrow with some other rips!
thx

This release should fix the bugs mentioned in the changelog.
Please have a go at it if you previously had these problems and post your results.
Thank you all for your input!

Version 1.1.5.3 beta: 2007 08 06
- fix: with selected subtitles, CloneDVD mobile crashed on some
titles
- fix: MP4Box.exe didn't work under Vista, so PSP full resolution
files weren't created - workaround implemented
- fix: a bug in mencoder.exe resulted in faulty AVC files

Download here

Working good! I have 480x272 PSP files to watch now. Thanks for the hard work.
-SeanBoy

I can't get the 720x480 encoding to work.I have PSP version 3.52 M33-2 custom firmware.

i have only one remark after viewing the vid on my ipod:
the subtitles are to 'weak'
as if the contrast is not right
so this makes the subtitle very hard to read...

might i propose a small change to the profiles system peer?

how about a user_devices.ini as well as devices.ini, as when i upgraded i lost the xvid profile i had added to devices.ini

it seems if you edit that file and then upgrade, it gets replaced instead of merged, so a seperate file for user's own profiles seems an idea.....?

i have only one remark after viewing the vid on my ipod:
the subtitles are to 'weak'
as if the contrast is not right
so this makes the subtitle very hard to read...
Reporting the same issue, however I *think* this is only happening with interlaced sources when I de-interlace them, unable to check at the moment as I'm at work.

Reporting the same issue, however I *think* this is only happening with interlaced sources when I de-interlace them, unable to check at the moment as I'm at work.
There are a few things that can cause weak subtitles (depends a little on what "weak" means).

Of course, there is AnyDVDs option for subtitle transparency.

And then there is a theoretical possibility that CloneDVD mobile gets the palette information for subtitles wrong - the effect would be that the color of the subtitles and their outlines are exchanged (or in effect inverted).
But I don't know of any current DVD title, that would have this effect.

And last of course: if you choose a different resolution than the screen of the device actually has, the subtitles will suffer from resizing.
So for the iPod you should use 320x240 and nothing else.

sorry for being slack on my first post, had people asking me stuff in the office.

This happened on Family Guy Season 3 (R2 UK release), created with the Zen Vision W profile at the max bitrate.

depends a little on what "weak" means

It's not my anydvd settings, and it doesn't appear to happen on all titles. The subtitles do appear to be somewhat transparent.

If you'd like me to do some testing I'd be happy to tonight when I get home. Be specific about the things you'd like me to try :D

There are a few things that can cause weak subtitles (depends a little on what "weak" means).

And then there is a theoretical possibility that CloneDVD mobile gets the palette information for subtitles wrong - the effect would be that the color of the subtitles and their outlines are exchanged (or in effect inverted).
But I don't know of any current DVD title, that would have this effect.

And last of course: if you choose a different resolution than the screen of the device actually has, the subtitles will suffer from resizing.
So for the iPod you should use 320x240 and nothing else.

hi Peer,
i've recoded them in hires ipod 5.5; so you mean that thats the problem?

Everything is fine now, thanks (zenvision with subtitles). :)

It's not my anydvd settings, and it doesn't appear to happen on all titles. The subtitles do appear to be somewhat transparent.

If you'd like me to do some testing I'd be happy to tonight when I get home. Be specific about the things you'd like me to try :D

Can you send me the IFO files from that disc to bugs _at_ slysoft.com?
That should help.

Also: did you encode the movie to the native resolution (I think that's supposed to be 480x272)? Anything above that wouldn't win you anything anyway, but only cost space...

i disabeld deinterlace but that didn't change the subtitle
it's like they are to small to be displayed
when i play the movie on the ipod, then it's like i'm missing a pixel at the bottom and some letters are like missing pixels in the middle vertical line

i'll try to encode in the normal ipod resolution to see if that changes the subtitles

i disabeld deinterlace but that didn't change the subtitle
it's like they are to small to be displayed
when i play the movie on the ipod, then it's like i'm missing a pixel at the bottom and some letters are like missing pixels in the middle vertical line

i'll try to encode in the normal ipod resolution to see if that changes the subtitles

So, for what reason were you not encoding in the iPods normal resolution?

Can you send me the IFO files from that disc to bugs _at_ slysoft.com?
That should help.

Also: did you encode the movie to the native resolution (I think that's supposed to be 480x272)? Anything above that wouldn't win you anything anyway, but only cost space...
The disc is in 4:3 format, so it's 3something x 272, I'll send the IFO's tonight, with anydvd off I assume? or on?

i encoded in the standard ipod profile but then the subtitles are even worse...so i guess there is still a glitch in the subtitle handling?

This problem is more widespread than I thought!

Back