• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A few thoughts about piracy

They werent, its in the name. ONLINE protection database ;) only support for older discs (1year ???) is added natively to Anydvd itself.

Here is another idea. In Slysoft update function when you release an update the opd IP change it every month inside anydvdhd. So Hollywood cannot track the server. And if a user misses an update forsay 2 updates and the update call to ip of the opd server is old they will be forced to enter their licence to download past x amount of updates. Have anydvdhd shell in users computer and the opd access via updates and the call to the opd in the shell. But add a cash folder for all movies currently patched so he atleast gets to keep what he's payed for. Use a set of encryption keys based on the users name of his computer, OS stuff like that so the end user cannot share this to other users but only to the person who owns the disks and payed for a licence.

User enter licence to download. No trials....
Once you download latest you control prompts to update via same way as before. If a user misses an update he must enter his licence on on the download site to download a newer version and within each new version you guys change the opd access ip to have 10 20 servers so you guys remain invisible . something like wikileaks. And if the user licence expires when he presses the update it will say licence expired please visit redfox to rwdownload latest version. If he does not he has no access to the opd as the IP keeps changing monthly.

Good idea?

Or use bitcoin for payment. Not visa or MasterCard!

Very well said, Peer!

Good point. But AnyDVD has a similar problem, as we have witnessed with SlySoft vanishing. Without the server infrastructure it isn't so useful anymore.

To prevent this from happening again, we should find a way to make the OPD is available offline. This isn't as easy as it sounds.
First, all data - including Java based protections - must be cached locally.
The OPD is a "moving target". Publish monthly snapshots? Weekly? Daily?
Add time stamps to the database entries, so people with expired licenses can't use new discs?

We don't need to implement this right away - as there are some more urgent matters - but we should keep it on our todo list.
THANK YOU!!!!! I really can't tell you how much this means to me.

Another way would be to have a torrent idea where everyone holds the opd at all times so when one server goes down we all as a community become the collective. So 20 thousand users having permission to access the opd. As long as it's secure like when you leach off a torrent site they will never be able to shut down millions of users.

To do this have the opd like XML files. Just keep adding every month to the list. A user goes to torrent and sees example jan2015.opd, feb 2015.opd ...... Just select them all press download to Slysoft opd folder and let Slysoft shell decode them, using your licence key as part or the decode and a master key whick you guys hold. So if I've got Jan Feb and need March April may all of us become the server! That would keep you guys hidden and impossible to track and keep the opd up forever. The shell never changes. Just the license so if it expires it will prompt to purchase a new license to enable the decryption of the opd. This keeps your secrets hidden. The shell is useless to the programmers in Hollywood as they won't be able to read the opds with the 128 bit encryption key which you guys control. And a key licence for a set time that is a formula used with the master key to decrypt the data.

The master key must check into a set of IPS to confirm the purchased key. If Hollywood tracks down the master key server simply release a new shell switching servers for users. And a prompt will appear saying a forced update.

If a user gets a new protection, screen pass or whatever they will send in a log and will have to wait tell a new opd is released to add support.

Last edited:
The shell is useless to the programmers in Hollywood as they won't be able to read the opds with the 128 bit encryption key which you guys control.
It's not like they don't know what it needs to decode their discs. They're more interested in what AnyDVD can not do, I guess. Also if they wanted to, they could just get a license and let AnyDVD decode it.

I'm trying to give the devs ideas to stay up after redfox comes out. If there is a set home they will get shut down. Idea is to have a shell and the community become the server.

I wonder what the reaction of the MPAA/Hollywood consortium will be now that even though Slysoft is dead, the programmers are not, and AnyDVD is now back.

Most torrentfreak articles are not reliable...same about their source.

Piracy will always exist and the fact is it will still exist with or without AnyVD/Redfox etc..Before Slysoft and all these commercial softwares, there were free tools to decrypt blu-ray ourself (all started from doom9 and was free..). It's a different philosophy than commercial softwares, it's all about sharing for free for all (from the technical process to the files released).

Nothing is essential, and there will always be an alternative way or a non-commercial way to do the job.

Last edited:
I don't expect you ex-slysoft guys want to keep this thing your hobby while having a regular job 'on the side' so I think that before the licensing issues are sorted out you should at least open up donations. ;)

I really hate how AACS makes this about "pirating," when I have multiple shelves of Blu-ray and DVD discs that I purchased on shelves in my home, some in binders because I ran out of shelf space, and I just want to watch them easily and conveniently. I bought them. I am no poor college student, I am a professional with disposable income who likes entertainment. Why do I need to sit through advertisements and anti-piracy warnings?

I have literally spent thousands of dollars, as in multiple thousands, on their media. Yet they insist I do not "own" more than a license to view it? I am a criminal because I circumvent their BS encryption and run a local media server? I do not upload or share my paid content. I paid the money! Your actors live in mansions because of people like me!

Their hubris is astounding.

Another thought: I regularly spend $60+ to take my family to see movies in the theater, with overpriced popcorn, then another $20 or $30 to preorder the Blu-ray if I liked it in the theater and we want to watch it again. I am not wealthy but I have a good job that can afford such niceties every month or two. I have no need for torrents or bootlegs.

Yet I am a bad guy because I use AnyDVD. [insert words here] Hollywood and the AACS.

As far as OPD etc is concerned, I would be happy if putting every disk I bought into the drive and letting Anydvd scan it would ensure that i could always read that disk. So my collection would always be safe, but no guarantees about any future purchase. And I think that would be a fair deal on both sides, and should be relatively easy to implement.

Speaking of fair deals, Redfox should get a payment system in place to ensure we all deliver on our promises, while the iron is hot :)

(I'm right now sitting in the airport with a suitcase full of bd's to run through anydvd so i at least have the cache)

@Frumpa: for me it's 10's of thousands ;-) but do think, it's not only the studios, it's the musicians etc etc who depend on these earnings

I've been scanning through the many, many posts from the recent days and especially one post with a link to some blog entry over at torrentfreak ruined my day a bit. It's not the actual message (for who didn't read it: it's all about the poor pirates, now having no tool for their glorious doings).
After all, torrentfreak is all about file sharing and it's not my place to judge what's right and what's wrong (though I do have a strong personal dislike for piracy).
TF is a love/hate thing for me too. I dislike seeing biased posts. At least 95% of Bluray rips on pirate sites are not in their original format, and transcoding can be done without the use of any BD decrypter it just requires a HDCP stripper and a recorder.
Piracy is an issue. You can't deny that it is hurting the movie industry. And you can't deny that we were involuntarily helping piracy. Just like the glass cutter involuntarily helps burglary.
I don't think you can say whether piracy hurts industries or not without evidence. As TF points out in another post, Gramstad (2016) found that piracy has hurt Linux adoption and helped Microsoft keep dominance over the PC and Windows laptop markets.

But also have a look at how many people - especially on Youtube - are ranting against people like me that use adblockers. Labelling us thieving bastards and the like. Claiming that the internet will be shit without ads (completely wrong, it was much better when there were no aggressively marketed ads).
Though you can argue over the numbers. They like to pretend that every single downloaded movie is one sold disc less. Of course that is utter nonsense. A lot of that stuff gets downloaded simply because it's there. At least 99 out of 100 downloads are done by people who wouldn't even consider paying for the disc. And I'm willing to bet, that 99% is too cautious an estimate.
I doubt that's wholly accurate, however people can rent discs or borrow them for free legally with no royalties going to publishers. The fact is that people do often have other legal options other than buying a DVD.

I doubt that's wholly accurate, however people can rent discs or borrow them for free legally with no royalties going to publishers. The fact is that people do often have other legal options other than buying a DVD.

I think, what he meant, was that people download and collect movies that they wouldn't even really want to watch. Simply because they are for free.
And I totally believe that is true.

As far as OPD etc is concerned, I would be happy if putting every disk I bought into the drive and letting Anydvd scan it would ensure that i could always read that disk. So my collection would always be safe, but no guarantees about any future purchase. And I think that would be a fair deal on both sides, and should be relatively easy to implement.

From what I have seen, this is the way it works now. I often don't update my version of AnyDVD for months, because (most) new discs are handled by the OPD. I run AnyDVD in a WindowsXP VM where I can keep it virtually unplugged from the Internet. Many times now, I've seen AnyDVD unable to process a new disc, so I let it go online to access the OPD, it gets the keys, and I unplug it again. From this point on, scanning that same disc again will work without access to the Internet, since the key it retrieved from the OPD is cached locally.

Last edited:
My primary initial use for Anydvd was defeating hdcp so I could watch my purchased Blurays with my purchased Arcsoft TMT licence on my purchased computer and my purchased hdtv... Which just so happen to not have hdcp. So Hollywood wanted me to throw my perfectly good HDTV in the trash because... Somebody else might pirate?
Then, when I upgraded to a TV with hdcp, I didn't need Anydvd, right? Wrong, now I was met with handshake issues, so my legal disc on legal software through a legal PC and a legal HDTV... Refused to work! Because... Somebody else might pirate???!!!

Going forward: my primary reason for repurchasing Anydvd will be if it defeats HDCP2.2 so I can watch legally purchased UHD Blurays on a legally purchased Cyberlink (which has promised UHD Bluray support this year) on my hdcp1.4 video card and hdcp1.4 projector. Because otherwise, it may not play or may be downscaled in color or who knows what resolution... Because somebody else might pirate. (Even though pirates almost never download full quality bluray, so who's going to download UHD quality???)

See the article I posted in the hardware forum. Might help you with hdcp. Mine should be arriving this week so I can continue streaming ps3 video (lol)

Back