• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay last one: redfox.cn.tsumi :D

BTW, no freaking way I'm replacing AnyDVD + MPC-HC + LAV + MadVR with my old PS3.

Last edited:
My support for continue developing and upgrade software I have license from 2008 year and excellent tool for dvd.

See what, if anything happens March 1st. Bills could be paid monthly. Hopefully OPD will remain, same with forum, although with new name doesn't seem like it will be affected.
This should not turn into an issue. If and when it does all James and other X staff would have to do is ask for help to pay the bills. I'm sure you will get more than enough small donations to keep the OPD running.

A question to all the ex employees, isn't the architectures program a open source?, if so to get round the law, all subscribers of AnyDVD should get a email download instead of going to website. Would that not be a better solution for all involved.

Not open source. I always did get emails for a new version AnyDVDHD. Please keep it going. fire_fox_wip_iv_by_phoenix_cry.png

• If you opt not to continue development, please release the source code so the project does not die.

I've seen a lot of references to doing this but to me this is the one thing they should never do. Making the source code available to people who want to stop it would make it immensely easier to create protections that target weaknesses in the software. Weakness that would otherwise not be known, at least not obviously. I think James pointed this out in a post, maybe in a different thread, awhile back.

Whatever they do, if they do anything, great care should be taken to figure out what the proper next steps are. Better to wait awhile and have a decent chance at success rather that rush in and make a fundamental blunder.

Whatever you guys do, protect that source code.

In the early 2015 bad guys tried to kill a French newspaper, slaughtering it's members, you know what happened ?.. the newspaper sells more than ever... I'm In too, for sure I would be glad to renew
my lifetime license. I wont buy any DVD/BRD until anydvd resurrection... thanks to all devs for that irreplaceable soft. French users supporting you.

firefoxwipivbyphoenixcry.png
Nice...
some Names...
Dreamfox...Firefox...Starfox...Phönox...Hotfox...Slyfox...Fairyfox...BD-Fox...HD-Fox...FlameFox...SunFox...DiscFox...CopyFox...Fox16

I would not count on Russia. The politics there are just not predictable. The Putin governement can do anything anytime without prior warning. Ok, they granted Snowden asylum but that was a political move. Russia is by no means a country that actively supports a free Internet and the right to make backup copies of copyprotected movies.

I think it would be best to spread the different assets all over the world. A server in Hong-Kong, an address in Brazil, payments in Bitcoins, backups in... you get the idea. That way it would be very difficult for the authorities of any country to act against redfox, slysoft, whatever. And even if they managed to take down some assets in one particual country you would still have backups in another country that you could use to restore your service from elsewhere.

I'm a LTL user and I'm willing to help out again. I might not be able to bpurchase a monthly license but yearly would be no problem.

Using AnyDVDHD for years now, so glad if I can donate/rebuy in the future. Dont give up!

Looking forward to seeing whatever happens next. Had a lifetime subscription myself and have relied heavily on AnyDVDHD for playing multi-region discs that I've bought - also has proved very useful for analysing content on discs. Good luck to everyone!

I would not count on Russia. The politics there are just not predictable. The Putin governement can do anything anytime without prior warning. Ok, they granted Snowden asylum but that was a political move. Russia is by no means a country that actively supports a free Internet and the right to make backup copies of copyprotected movies.
I am afraid you are a bit misinformed on Russia ;)
But anyway, the law there prohibits selling "protection circumvention" tools.

Please "count me in as well" . I was sorely disappointed that the USA yet again thinks they can dictate how other countries can run things. Makes me sick to be an American! This government is supposed to be run by the People for the People! Hog SH&T. Corporations are taking over this country and pushing their restrictive "uses". I have Lifetime subscription of most of the Slysoft software except for 2 software titles that would never use. I would gladly help pay for something that allows me to have my Fair Use back! I do hope there is someway to download the entire OPD file at least for now until something is created from the ashes of Slysoft. This software was incredible and made my life easier. Thank you programmers for making such great software! When a big corporation tells users that if they want to watch a movie (that they paid for) on another device they should have to pay for it, you Know GREED is the motivation. To see something funny, look for a video called The First Honest Cable Company on youtube. You will get the point that these large corporations have only one thing on their mind - M-O-N-E-Y

Please bring back this fair use tool!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back