• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly wouldn't be easy. And I am not sure, if anyone else would want such a "decryption box". Or a "raspi as Blu-ray player". A raspi (with power supply, case, remote, BD drive) would be more expensive than an off the shelf BD player. And it can't play 3D. It wouldn't look very ... stylish. But it has no Cinavia detection. :sneaky:
I'd be happy to have a resurrected AnyDVD on an HTPC, was saving up to buy the parts needed to make a custom setup. 80% of the way there and *SPLAT*

You definitely have my support. Purchased a lifetime license about a year ago and have gotten great usage out of it. I'd much rather give you guys more money than those "other" guys with the blue monkey...

Just a bit of info:

When I first started backing up my dvds many moons ago, I found Anydvd and purchased a lifetime plus 1click dvd and paid higher for first year, then half price renewal annually.

I also use dvd rebuilder and they have a donation button that pops up.

...okay....back to reading ;)

Anything that keeps you from doing this?
It is hell of a lot of work.
How is the "Linux" in these Android Boxes like Amazon Fire TV or Nvidia Shield TV? Probably not accessible without rooting, right?

Bitcoin remains unbreakable. For better or worse it was designed to not be able to be traced and it lives up to that.

Its also seriously complicated to understand. I have tried to put all my effort in three separate times to using it. And each time given up.

From what I understand of it. A transaction of £50 is something like 0.024 of a bitcoin. So not even a full bitcoin just a fraction of one. Which you need to find someone who is selling 0.024 of a bitcoin at a reasonable price as they don't sell it for £50, they sell it for any price they want.

So you go to websites of people selling bitcoins at their own rates. You pick one. They then send you their bank details which you need to in 30mins do a personal bank transfer to some unknown person for them to send you that 0.024 of a bitcoin at the end of it all and hope they don't stiff you, or hope it goes through in 30mins, or hope you haven't missed something and lose it all.

If there is a simpler way than that above that I have missed I would love to hear what it is, as that does not sound ok to me and always baulk and give up.

I've pretty much stayed away from BitCoin so I don't know much about it, other than I have to set up a several gigabyte sized file to use it.

So coinbase certainly looks do-able... but can't they ban certain BitCoin wallets and such?
Coinbase usually rejects adding money to their wallet. Supposedly they've starting monitoring sending too addresses and stopping some payments. Localbitcoins.com is the best alternative. Yes, you'll sweat making your first one, just pick a very reputable seller and add a small amount. Manage your wallet locally, plenty of easy programs to do that (Electrum). Totally anonymous then.

Registered today like a few other people, but i wanted to show my support to all the staff of Slysoft. I am lifetime user of AnyDVD and never had problem with it. Like many others, i am ready to make a donation or buy another license to help you.

What about a crowdfunding? or something similar for a AnyDVD 2.0

The hardness of rooting depends on the device. Though in general the Nexus line of devices are the easiest to root. No harder than doing a DOS command to unlock the bootloader and flash a zip file.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Its also seriously complicated to understand. I have tried to put all my effort in three separate times to using it. And each time given up.

From what I understand of it. A transaction of £50 is something like 0.024 of a bitcoin. So not even a full bitcoin just a fraction of one. Which you need to find someone who is selling 0.024 of a bitcoin at a reasonable price as they don't sell it for £50, they sell it for any price they want.

So you go to websites of people selling bitcoins at their own rates. You pick one. They then send you their bank details which you need to in 30mins do a personal bank transfer to some unknown person for them to send you that 0.024 of a bitcoin at the end of it all and hope they don't stiff you, or hope it goes through in 30mins, or hope you haven't missed something and lose it all.

If there is a simpler way than that above that I have missed I would love to hear what it is, as that does not sound ok to me and always baulk and give up.
I know it sounds scary. I waffled for some time before I finally decided to try it. I picked a reputable seller and did a small amount. Walked in to a bank and just deposit funds in to their account. That easy. Yes, it'll make you sweat, that's why I do small amounts with totally reputable sellers. Yet to be burned. The beauty of localbitcoins.com is the reputation. Plus if you get stiffed, and you post it, localbitcoins immediately freezes that person. They also watch addresses. The reputable folks have been using the same wallet address. That's how they build reputation.

Forgot to add I manage my wallet offline with electrum. Read the guides, if you can rip and burn dvd's, you can handle bitcoin :)

Registered today like a few other people, but i wanted to show my support to all the staff of Slysoft. I am lifetime user of AnyDVD and never had problem with it. Like many others, i am ready to make a donation or buy another license to help you.

What about a crowdfunding? or something similar for a AnyDVD 2.0

Yeah like musicians do for album costs, called kickstarter

They've released quite a few details in the local Pittsburgh newspaper. Didn't see or hear anything about it on the national media outlets. Can send you the link if you'd like. BTW, not supposedly, they DID break in. Guy's last name was Farrell running Silk Road 2.0
There was too many details they left out. I think they nailed that guy cause he used tor with something personal and that's how they got him and they just traced tor through tor. Regardless, tor will overcome. And I think these guys can easily structure themselves to be anonymous. If the server is out of reach, and they vpn to connect to it, they're fine.

It is truly amazing, in less than a week people went from mourning a dead software company to talking about how to set up a possible employee run one. :)

It is hell of a lot of work.
How is the "Linux" in these Android Boxes like Amazon Fire TV or Nvidia Shield TV? Probably not accessible without rooting, right?
They are a dime a dozen James, and super easy to root. Check out gearbest.com Many of them come with root already enabled.

There was too many details they left out. I think they nailed that guy cause he used tor with something personal and that's how they got him and they just traced tor through tor. Regardless, tor will overcome. And I think these guys can easily structure themselves to be anonymous. If the server is out of reach, and they vpn to connect to it, they're fine.

This isn't the first time they've done things. They are low profile. But not really after things like anyDVD. Mainly cyber-terrorism and that kind of stuff. You're probably right about that guy on TOR. But they did get in and can most likely do it again.

On the other hand, why would you need those? Or am I missing something?
Stylish design. Remote control. HDMI 2.0 / 4K resolution. Ships with a power supply. Probably more CPU power. Maybe Gigabit LAN (not sure)?
But this is all blah, first we need to address the real problems. To be, or not to be....

Count me in too, you can count on my support and what ever else I can offer.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back