• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitcoin can be troublesome for some people, myself included... :\
It is an inconvenience if you want to stay 100% anonymous. There is no doubt. If you don't care about 100% purchase anonymity coinbase works great. I've done coinbase for when I didn't care and I've done localbitocins when I wanted the anonymity.

I think bitcoin is more for the receiver. In this case they need 100% anonymity. So this will allow them that.

I'd like them to post a bitcoin address now so we can get them some funds in the mean time while they are sorting it all out.

Throw out whatever the hurdles are that you are comfortable posting with, and we're happy to brainstorm together. I know on the signing, plenty of ways around that. I'd install a unsigned version of AnyDvd provided I downloaded it straight from you guys as I trust you. So signed / unsigned doesn't matter to me as much as trusting the source, it's just a hassle for the end user. OPD servers, don't know the setup there, but I'm sure we've got some folks on here who can lend expertise.
AnyDVD's magic mostly happens in the anydvd.sys kernel mode driver, and you really want this to be signed. Otherwise Windows will refuse to load it. Windows 10 even requires, that you send the driver to Microsoft, and they will sign the driver for you - self signing is no longer allowed.
I really hate Microsoft for this.

I want AnyDVD for a Raspberry Pi. Plug in a drive at the USB port, watch the disc on the Raspi. Or access it over the Ethernet port.

One thing about the going anonymous/bitcoin thing. From Pittsburgh area and CMU just broke into TOR and arrested Silkroad 2.0 guy for selling drugs. TOR was supposedly secure. So don't think there is any such way of completely hiding. Unless you put the business on an iPhone LOL. Guessing torrent way (Demonoid FE has done it), but IDK these things. Again, Whatever is next I'm with you.

Regarding the name, since slysoft no longer exists, I say they stick with the same name under my totally anonymous methodology. Because it still fits. And it has recognition. And they can't be sued for it.
And AFAIK it is no registered trademark, I'll have to check.

However I'd like a splash screen in it that says F you AACS-LA and the US government for being so corrupt. We beat you. The will of the people will always beat corruption. Time it with your AACS 2.0 crack. That will leave them with tears in the beers.

That would just annoy them even more and make them want to come after you with everything they have even more.

Why not say on the software "F-you to all the people who used our software inappropriately that caused the AACS-LA to come after us like that, this software is to make a backup of your disk to allow you to play it from your HTPC, or to protect you from any destructive kids you may have in your house".

I want AnyDVD for a Raspberry Pi. Plug in a drive at the USB port, watch the disc on the Raspi. Or access it over the Ethernet port.
If AnyDVD does go live again would you be able to program that?

The "powers that be" closed down Slysoft Inc, and possibly they ended up only making things better for consumers, I hope. :)

Count me in, I'll back up this great team! I'm proud of the work, effort and commitment you guys have provided for us in the last 13 years.

You could always call it 'any DVD' with a space or 'SlyFox' for the company or software. But of a wink towards the original software /company name yet totally different :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

AnyDVD's magic mostly happens in the anydvd.sys kernel mode driver, and you really want this to be signed. Otherwise Windows will refuse to load it. Windows 10 even requires, that you send the driver to Microsoft, and they will sign the driver for you - self signing is no longer allowed.

Porting to a unix based OS help this? Guessing a massive code re-write would be needed?

Pi3 is supposed to be announced on Monday. I'd happily buy a PI3 for you for development purposes. Just as long as in the final product I can still rip the discs via drive connected to the Pi, get the files locally on the comp so I can watch them via Kodi on a network share.

I'm pretty sure you can check a box in W10 to allow unsigned drivers. I know it's unsigned something as I had to find it to install an unsigned program.

Sigh. I really love the name. :(
As does Google.

Oh, I think the new name should be obvious:
AnyDVD UHD!

:)

Other than drawing attention, I don't think using the old name would be an issue... You are using the code, might as well keep the name... Unless you want to go underground for as long as possible, then nothing obvious... But otherwise, f*ck it, keep the name...

One thing about the going anonymous/bitcoin thing. From Pittsburgh area and CMU just broke into TOR and arrested Silkroad 2.0 guy for selling drugs. TOR was supposedly secure. So don't think there is any such way of completely hiding. Unless you put the business on an iPhone LOL. Guessing torrent way (Demonoid FE has done it), but IDK these things. Again, Whatever is next I'm with you.
The supposedly broke TOR and they haven't released all the details. And you don't know if that guy was making sure his @$$ was truly hidden. He could have used TOR to access a personal email account and been traced back. All the hiding in the world won't help plain ole stupidity. Plus if these guy's servers are in a country that the US can't get to, and configured with no logs, then all these guys need are good VPN's provided by another country to upload the fresh exe for download.

Bitcoin remains unbreakable. For better or worse it was designed to not be able to be traced and it lives up to that.

If you don't care about 100% purchase anonymity coinbase works great.

I've pretty much stayed away from BitCoin so I don't know much about it, other than I have to set up a several gigabyte sized file to use it.

So coinbase certainly looks do-able... but can't they ban certain BitCoin wallets and such?

Oh, I think the new name should be obvious:
AnyDVD UHD!

:)

Other than drawing attention, I don't think using the old name would be an issue... You are using the code, might as well keep the name... Unless you want to go underground for as long as possible, then nothing obvious... But otherwise, f*ck it, keep the name...
:LOL:

If AnyDVD does go live again would you be able to program that?
It certainly wouldn't be easy. And I am not sure, if anyone else would want such a "decryption box". Or a "raspi as Blu-ray player". A raspi (with power supply, case, remote, BD drive) would be more expensive than an off the shelf BD player. And it can't play 3D. It wouldn't look very ... stylish. But it has no Cinavia detection. :sneaky:

Anything that keeps you from doing this?

That would just annoy them even more and make them want to come after you with everything they have even more.

Why not say on the software "F-you to all the people who used our software inappropriately that caused the AACS-LA to come after us like that, this software is to make a backup of your disk to allow you to play it from your HTPC, or to protect you from any destructive kids you may have in your house".
Well I'm not trying to put a target on them, but if they resurrect it, there will be a target period. So as long as they set it all up anonymously and they can't be traced back, I say they give AACS-LA the finger. They rightfully deserve it, they caused all of this with their plain and simple greed.

I am a legal user. Got stacks of discs. All ripped and on my network storage. But because of the greed of Hollywood, this is illegal. F them. I'm not loaning out my discs. I'm making it convenient for me. Hollywood got my money when I bought it. I am entitled to use it how I see fit. They should be happy I've bought all of them, I could be downloading them via bittorrent.

Which in all honesty, hollywood better HOPE that anydvd is resurrected. Cause if I can't rip a disc, guess what I'm going to do. Yup, download it. Think others aren't going to do the same? So hollywood doing this could end up costing them big money.

The supposedly broke TOR and they haven't released all the details. And you don't know if that guy was making sure his @$$ was truly hidden. He could have used TOR to access a personal email account and been traced back. All the hiding in the world won't help plain ole stupidity. Plus if these guy's servers are in a country that the US can't get to, and configured with no logs, then all these guys need are good VPN's provided by another country to upload the fresh exe for download.

Bitcoin remains unbreakable. For better or worse it was designed to not be able to be traced and it lives up to that.

They've released quite a few details in the local Pittsburgh newspaper. Didn't see or hear anything about it on the national media outlets. Can send you the link if you'd like. BTW, not supposedly, they DID break in. Guy's last name was Farrell running Silk Road 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back