• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about:
- To cover Start Up Costs: Release a "Final Version" that does not need the OPD for any Disks up till the closure - and charge $xx, then
- To cover Running Costs: Introduce a monthly/quarterly/yearly/whatever fee of $yy for updates post this.

eg, It is then $xx to buy back in and then $yy per period

Lifetime licenses here since 2006 (that long??) and I would support again as well. I just want to echo everyone else's comments and say thank you for all that's come before - and thanks for at least sticking around here, and considering kicking off again...!

Thank you for your thoughts. All I know is "the powers, that be" might come after us, but not SlySoft. SlySoft, Inc. is dead as a door nail.
You're very welcome. And well in a way that's sadly good news about slysoft at this stage. All you have to worry about is those "powers". And if you go completely anonymous the US government and the AACS-LA bastards can just bitch and moan and cry....and that's it.

If you put your hosting servers in a country that has a big ole F you for the US, you're golden. They are plenty to choose from. That's 33.3%

Go bitcoin for the funds. Can't trace that crap. Another 33.3%. Pay your hosting with bitcoin and access the servers via vpn's/tor, and you're 100% hidden.

You just need an internal structure. You already have the folks, you just need to organize it up. That's the last 33.3%

You can DO THIS!

Thank you for the reply, it does put the situation into stark perspective.

The legal/licensing issues are going to be mind-boggling to untangle.
There certainly are many other pitfalls I don't even know yet. The OPD infrastructure. The "publisher" name (not writing company here). Windows code needs to be "signed". Yes, I can sign the software using SlySoft's cert at the moment, but .... and so on ....

Or a fair licence system. I pay for use one hundret of time AnyDVD ...... which ensures also their jobs and our Up-Dates.:)(y)

Have been a lifetime subscriber since January 2006 - so over 10 years now. I was literally this weekend planning on buying a lifetime to passkey with their 20% off offer. But with this, DVDfab have lost a sale as I will wait to rebuy this as either another lifetime/yearly sub.

My strong advice though would be three things.

1. Do not call the resurrected company Slysoft. Call it something else. SlyFox. RedFox, UnitedFox anythng but Slysoft.
2. Change the name of AnyDVD to anything else, e.g call it DVDmagic, DVDmate, DVDpassion, SocerersMagicToolbox anything else but the original name
3. Try to find someone who actually lives and is a citizen of the country you want to be based from (Brazil, Russia, China) to be the figurehead owner of the new company.

I am not a solicitor, but the three above seem commonsense to keep out of any iffy situations.

Another thing to check, the owner of Slysoft may have done a settlement with the AACS that as part of the settlement is confidential and hence why he has not told nobody, where he may have signed away the rights/ownership of AnyDVD to the AACS.

It was similar to DVDDecrypter and what happened to them. Macrovision (I think) sued the creator of DVDDecrypter and part of the settlement he signed the entire rights away of the software to them. They owned it from then on in.

He owned the source code though so came out with Imgburn. The exact same base software just with a different name and did not decrypt anything. (Before someone jumps on this, this is just what I remember reading at the time those years back of what happened).

So by keeping the name AnyDVD it could be problematic.

I would laugh my @ss off if James and company manages to succeed to get Slysoft and all the products such as AnyDVD HD back up and running in a new form, manages to take out AACS 2.0, cure Cinavia, and then all the sudden, Fengtao/Passkey all of the sudden 'finds' a way to get past AACS 2.0/Cinavia.

I wouldn't put it past them.

We (developers and admins) had a few chat conferences this week and we came to the conclusion that if we have the backup of the community, we might consider to continue the development on our own.

Any (on topic) feedback is greatly appreciated.

Absolutely 100% of course you have my support! I would repurchase for sure.

There certainly are many other pitfalls I don't even know yet. The OPD infrastructure. The "publisher" name (not writing company here). Windows code needs to be "signed". Yes, I can sign the software using SlySoft's cert at the moment, but .... and so on ....
Nothing worth doing is ever easy, and resurrecting AnyDVD is IMO very much worth an attempt by you and your fellow ex-employees if they want to give it a go.

All the known and unknown complications and situations is why I suggested maybe AnyDVD needs a new product name.

Having the same name is good PR, but could also lead to problems from the "powers that be." Releasing an Enhanced Edition of AnyDVD would bring down "the thunder" that flattened Slysoft, Inc.

Throw out whatever the hurdles are that you are comfortable posting with, and we're happy to brainstorm together. I know on the signing, plenty of ways around that. I'd install a unsigned version of AnyDvd provided I downloaded it straight from you guys as I trust you. So signed / unsigned doesn't matter to me as much as trusting the source, it's just a hassle for the end user. OPD servers, don't know the setup there, but I'm sure we've got some folks on here who can lend expertise.

My strong advice though would be three things.

1. Do not call the resurrected company Slysoft. Call it something else. SlyFox. RedFox, UnitedFox anythng but Slysoft.
Certainly.

2. Change the name of AnyDVD to anything else, e.g call it DVDmagic, DVDmate, DVDpassion, SocerersMagicToolbox anything else but the original name
Sigh. I really love the name. :(
As does Google.

3. Try to find someone who actually lives and is a citizen of the country you want to be based from (Brazil, Russia, China) to be the figurehead owner of the new company.
Some team members are in Russia, maybe one volunteers. I don't think anyone is in Brazil, but we have a guy in Hong Kong.

Another thing to check, the owner of Slysoft may have done a settlement with the AACS that as part of the settlement is confidential and hence why he has not told nobody, where he may have signed away the rights/ownership of AnyDVD to the AACS.

It was similar to DVDDecrypter and what happened to them. Macrovision (I think) sued the creator of DVDDecrypter and part of the settlement he signed the entire rights away of the software to them. They owned it from then on in.

He owned the source code though so came out with Imgburn. The exact same base software just with a different name and did not decrypt anything. (Before someone jumps on this, this is just what I remember reading at the time those years back of what happened).
Yes, you are correct. But I am quite sure, there is no settlement with AACS. The situation would be completely different.

Member since 2004 with lifetime license, but will gladly pay again!!
Let me know how, when & where to send funds.

Regarding the name, since slysoft no longer exists, I say they stick with the same name under my totally anonymous methodology. Because it still fits. And it has recognition. And they can't be sued for it.

However I'd like a splash screen in it that says F you AACS-LA and the US government for being so corrupt. We beat you. The will of the people will always beat corruption. Time it with your AACS 2.0 crack. That will leave them with tears in the beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back