• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that there would also be a market for T-Shirts, coffee mugs and whatever else would show brand loyalty.

I think
Ivan, I think you have more support from the community than you realize. Both moral and financial.
Oh yea wait until this news hits and you will see just how much support there is for continued development.

I don't want to use the blue monkey... first of all it doesn't work near as well as Anydvd second I would much rather support the people that have made Anydvd such a fantastic program.

I think
Oh yea wait until this news hits and you will see just how much support there is for continued development.

I don't want to use the blue monkey... first of all it doesn't work near as well as Anydvd second I would much rather support the people that have made Anydvd such a fantastic program.
In the past I tried both, and found Blue to be, well, "cranky" and not user friendly.

Red was so "transparent" with "Insert DVD, wait for decrypt, and back up."

Given comments made by James in the past, especially a recent comment after the demise of Slysoft, Blue is only good at reverse engineering already created excellence. Wasn't really a surprise that Fentao announced "no AACS 2.0 decryption" as soon as AnyDVD development went on "hiatus."

Last edited:
I am frankly amazed at how good the fox was(is?). keep it going. I'm sure the finances will not be a problem. Just keep a lookout for your six!!!! Both personally and company-wise!!!

Let me rephrase: Of course we 'can'. I am probably the only person on this planet, who can actually create an AnyDVD HD release build.
If AnyDVD was property of SlySoft, Inc and SlySoft no longer exists, who owns AnyDVD?

More useless armchair advice not to be relied on! but...

It's probably classed as Abandonware. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware and the laws for such depends on the jurisdiction. It appears in most jurisdictions copyright is not extinguished, just nobody with a legal right exists/cares to enforce it.

Commercial software owned by a company no longer in business
When no owning entity of a software exist, all activities (support, distribution, IP activities etc) in relationship to this software have ceased. If the rights to a software are non-recoverable in legal limbo ("orphaned work"), also the software's rights can't be bought by another company, there can't be copyright enforcement etc. An example of this is Digital Research's originalPL/I compiler for DOS,[2] which was considered for many years without owner (now probably owned by Novell).

I know alot of people might think I am negative person but Im not. I guess I have a bad habit of speaking my thoughts without thinking how they sound. I love this program and I would love to see it back up and running. I would be more than willing to contribute.

@Ch3vr0n, that Phoenix would be a wonderful new product avatar for a resurrected AnyDVD.

Now we need a new name for the product.

@James, if you and the your fellow ex-employees do succeed in starting up a new venture would that include the other Slysoft products such as CloneDVDMobile, CloneCD and Game Jackal? I sure would be willing to hand over the contents of my wallet if they were to be kept going.

Was upset to see the Best software made forced to close. Bought my lifetime subscription of Anydvd and CloneDvd about a month after DvdXCopy was forced out of business. I would gladly buy it again if needed. I bought a lifetime sub of Passkey on fri. It does not work anywhere as good as AnyDvd

Very rarely have posted, but have been here for a long time. You absolutely can count on me though to support you.

ZARTT sez "me too" regarding license repurchase/donation to keep the love flowing

BTW, I thank VERY much the Red Fox Team for banging on the forum setup and getting it working the way it did before the company's closure. The past couple of days were a pain trying to navigate the fora trying find out what was going on and to show support.

An unpaid ex-employee(s) did the work and I am grateful. :)

Thanks for the post Ivan and I hope all goes well for you and all the staff. It seems odd that the industry would pursue in such a manner as disks are probably on the way out in the not-to-distant future with online streaming so available (at least for many folks).

BTW, I'm not a new member by no means but it's been a long time since I've been on the forum and it wasn't accepting my long ago password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back