• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (developers and admins) had a few chat conferences this week and we came to the conclusion that if we have the backup of the community, we might consider to continue the development on our own.
As you might remember, there are some unanswered questions.
We ex SlySoft people have control over the assets (sources, servers), but can we actually use them?

James: I haven't seen any comments posted about your recently changed title ("Ex-Slysoft.."). I'll be watching to see if the Ex disappears.
AFAIK SlySoft, Inc. no longer exists. So, I'm "ex".

A revitalized, employee run Slysoft clone/rebranding would be an EXCELLENT idea. And given how cheap I am I wouldn't ever hesitate repurchasing a license or three for the software I already have and use. I own a license for every thing Slysoft created except for Game Jackal Enterprise, along with one license for an Elby product.

We ex SlySoft people have control over the assets (sources, servers), but can we actually use them?
If the company is indeed legally defunct internationally the use of the intellectual property does have some "gray areas."

Not that the entire idea of AnyDVD wasn't a "gray area" to begin with, it did violate some rather restrictive diktats from a few countries. Especially the US.

I doubt i'll be speaking for myself either, but i can pretty much guarantee you'll have the backing of the entire user community! We all thought it would happen one day, but with a little bit more of a headsup before the shutdown that's all. Though there's not a doubt in my mind we all want you to continue, i think the couple dozen posts of us users where every single one of them (in one way or another) states we'd hate to have to resort to the blue monkey to be able to do what we want / need to do!
What he said. I'm using DVDFab Passkey for now, but would gladly switch back to the Red Fox logo (or whatever it morphs into) if it becomes an option.

Let me rephrase: Of course we 'can'. I am probably the only person on this planet, who can actually create an AnyDVD HD release build.
If AnyDVD was property of SlySoft, Inc and SlySoft no longer exists, who owns AnyDVD?

You have my support. I really don't want to donate to Fengtao.
Eigentlich wollte ich morgen DVDFab kaufen da es noch Prozente gibt. Aber jetzt habe ich die Idee verworfen und warte ab in den Nachfolger von meinem "geliebten" AnyDvd zu investieren. Auch wenn ich eine lebenslange Lizenz habe / hatte würde / werde ich sofort wieder eine kaufen !!!

The new company should be placed somewhere else. Some1 wrote Brazil, some1 else China, Russia and so on...Payment possibility could also be bitcoins...

Let me rephrase: Of course we 'can'. I am probably the only person on this planet, who can actually create an AnyDVD HD release build.
If AnyDVD was property of SlySoft, Inc and SlySoft no longer exists, who owns AnyDVD?

We all do.

I can donate expertise, repurchase licenses, a powerful server for the builds, etc

Speaking as a non-lawyer, I'd have to say legally no one.

If you and your fellow ex-red foxers decided to restart the company who is there to sue you for stealing intellectual property? The only ones that would be trying to stop you are the usual culprits that killed the company to begin with.

Will definitely support. Been doing this since the ifoedit, dvd95copy, dvd x copy days.

SlySoft, Inc. owes us quite a lot of money, so morally I don't have too much of a problem.
As you pointed out you are really about the only person who could take the source code for AnyDVD and start improving it without a large amount of time lost learning the code.

Been with you since the beginning, read this forum everyday, great product, excellent team.
Will definitely support!

We all were shocked when message came on Monday to shut down SlySoft website. Staff has still no complete information about what really happened and what's going on in Antigua, as nobody of the SlySoft team is physically based in Antigua. We don't even know each other.

The current situation is kind of frustrating for all of us, customers and staff. We were all proud to work for a company like SlySoft. We enjoyed each single positive feedback we got from the community (the blames we tried to ignore). I speak not only for myself - SlySoft team members love their job. We love the feeling to be part of something good. Even movie industry should love us, as many of SlySoft customers said: "If not for the possibility of making private copies of my movies, I would never have bought that many". Without possibility of private copy and format shift, UHD Blu-ray will not get popular.

We (developers and admins) had a few chat conferences this week and we came to the conclusion that if we have the backup of the community, we might consider to continue the development on our own.

Any (on topic) feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ivan, I think you have more support from the community than you realize. Both moral and financial.

You have my support. I really don't want to donate to Fengtao.
Back when I first started this crazy hobby of backing up DVDs I "pirated" the software via torrents. It took me only a couple of months trying the Blue Monkey and the Red Fox to realize how much better the Fox was, and when I was able to afford it on my limited budget I bought lifetime licenses, multiple times.

It has been 8 years of being licensed legal and I don't regret the money spent one bit. If James and the rest of the Red Foxers are able to resurrect the software I wouldn't hesitate buying new licenses, it would just be a matter of time to save the cash needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back