• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Closed thread - bring some definitive closure

It might be a good idea to set up a backup forum some place in case this one goes down, so people at least have some place to go. (Or at least agree on some existing forum somewhere...)

That's where you'll find me if this forum goes down.

Here a interesting thing I found...

https://www.elby.ch/en/

Look closely at where it is hosted....

.ch is switzerland...not China. China is .cn

Domain name:
elby.ch

Holder of domain name:
Elaborate Bytes AG
Urs Wiget
Riedstrasse 7
CH-6330 Cham
Switzerland
Contractual Language: German

Technical contact:
Elaborate Bytes AG
Urs Wiget
Riedstrasse 7
CH-6330 Cham
Switzerland

Registrar:
Key-Systems GmbH

First registration date:
2002-03-07

DNSSEC:N

Name servers:
rigi.elby.ch [144.76.184.5]
rigi.elby.ch [2a01:4f8:200:6204::2]
titlis.elby.ch [144.76.184.28]
titlis.elby.ch [2a01:4f8:200:6204::3]

Yeah Elby in switzerland and doing nothing illegal, apples and oranges with slysoft. I just don't understand how you are allowed in US to make 1 personal backup of a purchased movie, which means a lot if you have young kids for example then they outlaw the tools to do it

Yeah Elby in switzerland and doing nothing illegal, apples and oranges with slysoft. I just don't understand how you are allowed in US to make 1 personal backup of a purchased movie, which means a lot if you have young kids for example then they outlaw the tools to do it

Called lobbying....$$ talks. Politics is not about running a country for the benefit of all...it is a business. The politicians NEED to stay in power (it is a job) so will do whatever they need to do to keep their "job". If people REALLY wanted to backup all their stuff then everyone would complain and you would be able to. Reality is that very very very very very very few people care about this...so the lobbyists win.

Fox and MGM do not use screen pass. They use BD+ only. And yes, every single one of them downloaded from the OPD. If you already had the files cached they wouldn't need the OPD.
I had no caches and disabled OPD. AnyDVD didn't complain, it just handled the BD+ and created a new cache file.

I think if OPD is enabled, it will always use it, since it's faster than figuring it out locally. I think that's what you observed.

(In contrast, a newer disc that did truly require OPD yelled very loudly about not being able to decrypt when OPD was off.)

Last edited:
It might be a good idea to set up a backup forum some place in case this one goes down, so people at least have some place to go. (Or at least agree on some existing forum somewhere...)
As others have mentioned, you're always welcome to come to the AnyDVD/CloneBD forums at MyCE. We're supposed to migrate to new forum software soon, but I'm sure both subforums will survive the change.

A number of political-related posts were removed. One post lead to replies, etc. Language was also an issue. A report was filed. They're now gone. Yes, lobbying and pressure lead to what we are dealing with. But, keep the politics out of it. The very topic is inflammatory and people always disagree. Tempers flare, etc. We simply don't need it.

Given everything going on I understand emotions can run high, etc, and no one is happy. That said, rules are rules.

A number of political-related posts were removed. One post lead to replies, etc. Language was also an issue. A report was filed. They're now gone. Yes, lobbying and pressure lead to what we are dealing with. But, keep the politics out of it. The very topic is inflammatory and people always disagree. Tempers flare, etc. We simply don't need it.

Given everything going on I understand emotions can run high, etc, and no one is happy. That said, rules are rules.

Sorry ..I never meant to have an inflammatory discussion...just meant to say that those who use such products as AnyDVD are a very small population and the voice is small. A small voice is rarely, if ever, heard. Politics, no matter what party, drounds out such voices.

Nuff said..

Sorry ..I never meant to have an inflammatory discussion...just meant to say that those who use such products as AnyDVD are a very small population and the voice is small. A small voice is rarely, if ever, heard. Politics, no matter what party, drounds out such voices.

Nuff said..

No problem. Seriously. I get it. No "punishment" was handed out to anyone. I simply did some pruning.

Nuff said..

If anyDVD was that insignificant, it wouldn't be shut down. It is a difference maker, so much so that Motion Picture Industry went after it pretty hard, resulting in threats to put Antigua on some kind of watch list, while so far ignoring the "competition".

If anyDVD was that insignificant, it wouldn't be shut down. It is a difference maker, so much so that Motion Picture Industry went after it pretty hard, resulting in threats to put Antigua on some kind of watch list, while so far ignoring the "competition".

Getting Slysoft to close it's doors is a huge feather in their cap and Slysoft fought long and hard. Do other companies have the resources or chutzpah?

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean other things won't happen.

... while so far ignoring the "competition".

If we're talking about DVDFab, they weren't ignored. They always had one international version which included decryption. After the AACS brought suit in the U. S., their web sites were shut down. After some time (maybe many months), they came out with a U.S. version (no decrytpion) and an international version (with decryption). If you had the U. S. version, DVDFab went so far as to recommend decrytptors including AnyDVD. Those who understood I.P. addresses and anonymizers could download the international version. What is very strange is that now, there is only one version so things are back to where they were before the lawsuit. I have not been able to find anything to indicate that the court's ruling was overturned. It has been made clear on their forum that the circumstances surrounding these events will not be discussed.

Getting Slysoft to close it's doors is a huge feather in their cap and Slysoft fought long and hard. Do other companies have the resources or chutzpah?

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean other things won't happen.

Count me in as one who is keeping the faith and truly believing things will happen. Too much at stake not to. They remain, and have always been the leader, the innovator, as others now have problems even continuing without the fox.

Count me in as one who is keeping the faith and truly believing things will happen. Too much at stake not to.
Ill be moving on. Thankyou all for a great many years. When i get home Ill share my 400 plus cashed files with you guys. Ive got pretty much every top release. Im going to order a hdmi splitter and capture card and call it a day. This will allow me to put new movies I buy in my htpc. If this forum goes down and you need to reach me you can visit my youtube channel and post there. 1,000,000 views by the end of tonight. Bye all...

Google my name to get the link ;)

Last edited:
Count me in as one who is keeping the faith and truly believing things will happen. Too much at stake not to. They remain, and have always been the leader, the innovator, as others now have problems even continuing without the fox.

What I meant what that it's possible that more dominoes might fall. I hope this is not the case, of course.

:oops: dvd-bluray passkey [lifetime] ===>$154.5 :(
You can currently purchase a Passkey for DVD & Bluray lifetime bundle for $105.60 and apply a 20% off coupon, using the coupon code "FAB-FOF-OFF", to get it for $84.48 until the end of this month. See the following link for the bundle:

http://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm

Their website is kind of a mess to navigate... I bought the bundle a few days ago when the news about Slysoft first came out. Then I remembered that I already had 2 free license keys from promotions they ran over the last year - they sent out emails offering free lifetime licenses a few times, so I grabbed them at the time figuring they might come in handy at some point if something happened to Slysoft. It worked out well though as I had 3 AnyDVD HD lifetime licenses as I need it installed on 3 PC's. If Slysoft comes back one way or another, I'll most likely switch back.

For those who are worried about the opd going away, why aren't you keeping unencrypted copies of your ISOs? I invested quite a bit in USB drives to store my unencrypted copies as I've ripped them over the years. I figured this was going to happen, it was only a matter of time. Guess my investment paid off.

Back