• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Closed thread - bring some definitive closure

Personally I would support the yearly license and donation format to help create more income, as well as buy another license, if/when it "rises from the ashes".

I could go for that, monthly, being retired, would not be affordable for me and whomever would have to be careful not to price themselves out of the reach of many people.

Personally I would support the yearly license and donation format to help create more income, as well as buy another license, if/when it "rises from the ashes".

I could go for that, monthly, being retired, would not be affordable for me and whomever would have to be careful not to price themselves out of the reach of many people.

If only more people would have that kind of loyalty. What I see from most is "That tool doesn't exist, let's replace it".

I have a Lifetime Licence for a long time now, and would pay again in a heartbeat. I have had free updates, access to help and info. A fantastic community on here.

I know that there are people that have just bought Licences but you have NOT been let down by the Company.

So no matter how long and what usage you have had from your payment, then if it ever saw the light of day again, then paying again IS the fair way.

I hope everybody realises what they had in Slysoft, I am sure grateful for the years.

I think, like most people on here, I used it to put my Disk colletion in an easier format to watch, i.e. on Hard Drive.

So, no Piracy, no bad boy, a Disk BUYING member of the public, buying from the very people that shut Slysoft down.

Gutted.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, even if you just bought a license, I HIGHLY recommend scanning all your discs while the OPD is still accessible so you can cache the files needed to decrypt them in the future.

Can someone answer this....

If I'm only interested in movie only the aacs will be removed regardless of this opd loosing access? I don't care for anything on the disk but the main movie. I don't care to play movies in Blu-ray players.

Anyone?????

Can someone answer this....
If I'm only interested in movie only the aacs will be removed regardless of this opd loosing access? I don't care for anything on the disk but the main movie. I don't care to play movies in Blu-ray players.
Anyone?????

Any AACS disc AnyDVD hasn't seen before (new or old) will require the OPD.
All AACS decryption is done online, it then becomes available online (and later offline) for other users.

LOL Im keeping well away from all this, even if the player is doing it, and that's even if I had the skills which I doubt.

I think I'll keep away too. Got a family to support....

With DVDFab, "Passkey" is the AnyDVD equivalent in the sense that it's an "on the fly" decrypter.

Their regular program doesn't require that Passkey be installed. You could install *just* Passkey, or *just* the main program, or both.

From what I can see - "Passkey" does not have a lifetime option.
-W

Been reading these forums carefully for the last couple of days. Question on OPD and the cache: I still run my HTPC on Vista (which concerns me and I recognize I need to port over to a newer machine); I checked the cache file today so that I could preserve them for a future machine and saw only 29 files of the roughly 500 films I have (mixture of BD and SD). According to rik1138 in the "Slysoft Closed" forum, there is a .dt1 file associated with each disc, but I'm currently able to run each of the movies. Am I missing something? Should I be looking somewhere else for these cached .dt1?

Slysoft produced a great product and I hope it resurrects. Thank you.

Been reading these forums carefully for the last couple of days. Question on OPD and the cache: I still run my HTPC on Vista (which concerns me and I recognize I need to port over to a newer machine); I checked the cache file today so that I could preserve them for a future machine and saw only 29 files of the roughly 500 films I have (mixture of BD and SD). According to rik1138 in the "Slysoft Closed" forum, there is a .dt1 file associated with each disc, but I'm currently able to run each of the movies. Am I missing something? Should I be looking somewhere else for these cached .dt1?

Slysoft produced a great product and I hope it resurrects. Thank you.

The dt1 files aren't needed for every disc. If the protection is something AnyDVD can handle on its own (i.e. simply aacs) then there's no need. All later BD+ titles need them so any Fox or MGM titles need to be scanned to ensure you have the dt1 files. I'm not sure about screenpass just yet. That was what I was going to tackle after I work through all my Fox discs. Bond 50 collection anyone....FML

The dt1 files aren't needed for every disc. If the protection is something AnyDVD can handle on its own (i.e. simply aacs) then there's no need. All later BD+ titles need them so any Fox or MGM titles need to be scanned to ensure you have the dt1 files. I'm not sure about screenpass just yet. That was what I was going to tackle after I work through all my Fox discs. Bond 50 collection anyone....FML
Thank you.

I'm not sure about screenpass just yet. That was what I was going to tackle after I work through all my Fox discs.

I've only tried a couple of Screen Pass discs, from what I have seen more recent releases require the OPD to list the playlist and remove the protection to work correctly in 'full disc' playback. Without the OPD 'full disc' playback will not work.

These discs are not cached (at least not in the regular folder) so they will not work correctly when the OPD goes down.

AACS is obviously removed, so main movie playback is the only option (but you will have to find the playlist yourself)

Edit: The problem is AnyDVD thinks it has removed the BD-J protection offline (but it hasn't) so it is hard to tell which ones work offline or not.

Wondering if the OPD can be updated for new discs quietly...if it still keeps running and log files posted, why not?

Wondering if the OPD can be updated for new discs quietly...if it still keeps running and log files posted, why not?

It would of course continue to work fine, but once a disc is found that requires action from Slysoft developers, then we are stuck (Slysoft is gone)

Back