• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Closed thread - bring some definitive closure

If you ask me today: No.
So you better ask me next week.

If the source gets released I'm going to feel a lot better about being screwed over the lifetime updates. Not only did it turn out to not be lifetime, but I didn't even get a year of free updates. I"m not wealthy and it required scrimping and saving to be able to afford the lifetime updates.

Also, I'm not sure what else the source is going to be useful for as this product is apparently not going to be legally sold elsewhere.

If the source gets released I'm going to feel a lot better about being screwed over the lifetime updates. Not only did it turn out to not be lifetime, but I didn't even get a year of free updates. I"m not wealthy and it required scrimping and saving to be able to afford the lifetime updates.

Also, I'm not sure what else the source is going to be useful for as this product is apparently not going to be legally sold elsewhere.

The source isn't going to do much good without the brains behind it. If the source gets put out there without the folks who wrote this code, then the hollywood bastards will very quickly look at it, figure out how to break it, and even new DVD's rolling out won't be backup-able let alone Blurays.

I thought about all the arguments for the source to be released in the other thread. But without the very gifted team who built it, it'll just do more harm than good.

The solution as I see it is to get them back up and running somewhere where they can't be touched. MakeMKV is in Russia and hasn't been targeted from what I can find (yet). Although not sure Putin would care if Russia got put on a trade watch list or not (are they already)?

And sure, I hear you on the lifetime. But look, I've been here since 2004 I think? I got my lifetime and then some. I can understand someone who just signed up for lifetime not getting even a year. But if the servers are shutdown you are totally toast. Another $120 to DVDFab with a spotty track record? Nah. I'm not wild about paying again period. No one is. But if they don't rise again, you're going to have to pay someone else. So let's show support, and have them rise again cause they have proven exactly how well they can do this. And I think it needs to be profitable. So I think it needs to be like monthly or yearly. Like I said before, am I wild about paying it? Heck no. Will I? In a second. They've proven what they can do. This wasn't their fault. I think the timing of this with the UHD releases tells the tale. They were probably poised to break hollywood's newest encryption in a no time at all and hollywood wasn't about to have more egg on their already ugly faces.

The source isn't going to do much good without the brains behind it. If the source gets put out there without the folks who wrote this code, then the hollywood bastards will very quickly look at it, figure out how to break it, and even new DVD's rolling out won't be backup-able let alone Blurays.

I thought about all the arguments for the source to be released in the other thread. But without the very gifted team who built it, it'll just do more harm than good.

The solution as I see it is to get them back up and running somewhere where they can't be touched. MakeMKV is in Russia and hasn't been targeted from what I can find (yet). Although not sure Putin would care if Russia got put on a trade watch list or not (are they already)?

And sure, I hear you on the lifetime. But look, I've been here since 2004 I think? I got my lifetime and then some. I can understand someone who just signed up for lifetime not getting even a year. But if the servers are shutdown you are totally toast. Another $120 to DVDFab with a spotty track record? Nah. I'm not wild about paying again period. No one is. But if they don't rise again, you're going to have to pay someone else. So let's show support, and have them rise again cause they have proven exactly how well they can do this. And I think it needs to be profitable. So I think it needs to be like monthly or yearly. Like I said before, am I wild about paying it? Heck no. Will I? In a second. They've proven what they can do. This wasn't their fault. I think the timing of this with the UHD releases tells the tale. They were probably poised to break hollywood's newest encryption in a no time at all and hollywood wasn't about to have more egg on their already ugly faces.
That makes some sense as far as Bluray goes, but they didn't just make Bluray products, they also made DVD and other software that has a set spec that can't be worked around by Hollywood.

I'm not aware of any other options for region-free options. I need to watch DVDs from 3 different regions and I'm not the only one. I'm not really aware of other options other than buying multiple DVD drives.

I get that they're hurting, but I don't really have a lot of money and it would make a difference for me. It's not entirely their fault, but it does sting a bit that some people have gotten a very long period and some of us haven't gotten even the basic update period.

That makes some sense as far as Bluray goes, but they didn't just make Bluray products, they also made DVD and other software that has a set spec that can't be worked around by Hollywood.

I'm not aware of any other options for region-free options. I need to watch DVDs from 3 different regions and I'm not the only one. I'm not really aware of other options other than buying multiple DVD drives.

I get that they're hurting, but I don't really have a lot of money and it would make a difference for me. It's not entirely their fault, but it does sting a bit that some people have gotten a very long period and some of us haven't gotten even the basic update period.

New DVD protections are always coming out that James has to deal with. It's the structural copy protection. Regardless of the source being released or not I would bet you that hollywood has a new protection ready and will release it along with UHD and any new DVD's coming out will not be able to be backed up since anydvd won't be able to handle them. We'll see in a month.

I'm not sure what DVDFab's options are, their passkey product has been suggested as a anydvd alternative. But like James said, without Slysoft doing the work, DVDFab doesn't have anyone to copy off of. So most likely anything new to arrive will not be broken if anydvd doesn't rise again.

I gotcha on the money thing. I looked at getting Fab's Passkey. Very expensive, and I don't trust it to work the more I read. That's why I want slysoft to rise again, and want them to know I'll pay again, which I think others will to. Cause we know if they are aloud to continue, they will, and hollywood will be screwed.

New DVD protections are always coming out that James has to deal with. It's the structural copy protection. Regardless of the source being released or not I would bet you that hollywood has a new protection ready and will release it along with UHD and any new DVD's coming out will not be able to be backed up since anydvd won't be able to handle them. We'll see in a month.

I'm not sure what DVDFab's options are, their passkey product has been suggested as a anydvd alternative. But like James said, without Slysoft doing the work, DVDFab doesn't have anyone to copy off of. So most likely anything new to arrive will not be broken if anydvd doesn't rise again.

I gotcha on the money thing. I looked at getting Fab's Passkey. Very expensive, and I don't trust it to work the more I read. That's why I want slysoft to rise again, and want them to know I'll pay again, which I think others will to. Cause we know if they are aloud to continue, they will, and hollywood will be screwed.

I agree with you that DVDFab doesn't impress me at all.

Now that Slysoft is gone, we'll see how 'Fab' DVDFab truly is.

448941passkeybluray.png + 330299Capture.jpg = 614802Capture.jpg

testing the equalizer sony dvdfab passkey + cloneBD not working

not open it detects clone BD protection

[sorry no speek english translate google]

552478Capture.jpg

sorry BD clone Message in french translate for English

404566Capture.jpg

Last edited:
"the higher bid"'s post was what i was referring to about it being the phoenix from the ashes.

Hands are tied gentlemen. My wishes are for the best in the future, and hope the work will continue in one or another way.

chappie [sony] detect dvdfab passkey

953482Capture2.jpg

clone BD

174497Capture.jpg

why not work with the equalizer I do not understand :confused:

Last edited:
chappie [sony] detect dvdfab passkeywhy not work with the equalizer I do not understand :confused:

You're using passkey lite - which advertises to deprotect "some" discs. Not all.

It's not your lifetime, it's the lifetime of the company, whether it's 20 days or 20 years. The software still works and should continue to work for a while. I have a feeling it will resurrect somewhere, sometime. There is still a large demand for it, which means it will still make money. Just have to find a safer environment.

It's not your lifetime, it's the lifetime of the company, whether it's 20 days or 20 years. The software still works and should continue to work for a while. I have a feeling it will resurrect somewhere, sometime. There is still a large demand for it, which means it will still make money. Just have to find a safer environment.

Demand itself is not enough. Many key factors have to just click well. On top of that, you can imagine that the dev team (and not only), are even more shocked by the news - it is one thing to not be able to really own the content you buy - and one to not have a work or see all you have been working on to be at stake.

dvd-bluray passkey [lifetime] ===>$154.5 :(

Not only too expensive, but I deny to pay the lads who have promised not to break new stuff. Sounds to me like they are on the mafiaa payroll (or try to keep the dogs away - which is still betraying the community).

Back