• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I may have made a confusing statement. There is no "change of ownership" or "raid", there is no need to worry that an evil person is doing evil things.

OK..who has physical access to the servers and assets? Was it just cease and desist order? Seems murky to me.

probably safer to access the OPD behind a VPN.
James, does the traffic between AnyDVD and OPD identify the user or indicate the user key? Or would a VPN protect from future...uncertainty?

Speaking as someone high on the postings list;
I'm currently speechless, and have been for a couple days.
-W

Speaking as someone high on the postings list;
I'm currently speechless, and have been for a couple days.
-W

Never lose hope. I am planning to make an offer of survival, and only wish I could get in touch with the key people.

As a licensed for life customer of AnyDVDHD I'm sad to see this happening. I hope something will be done to grant access to the current OPD in the event servers go down (which I'd guess it's a metter of when rather than if).

Let's take a look at power DVD. During playback it has to call each m2ts somewhere during live playback. Leave whatever protection on the but intercept each decycpred video file while watching the movie. Then use tsmuxer to join the sequence. Hmmmmmmm

Is the OPD local cache individual files for each disk or one single file?
I was playing with the cache folder last night, here's what I discovered:

There's one .dt1 file per disc. The file name is a 12-character hex code, that I suspect is the AACS encryption signature, but I haven't been able to verify that. Makes sense though as it's a unique number on every disc, but I don't know if it's a number that can be read from the disc... Could just be a checksum of sorts based on number of files/file sizes on the disc.

These files are only created for discs with BD+ (Didn't test ScreenPass discs though)

These files are _ALWAYS_ created for any disc inserted that has BD+

AnyDVD will _ALWAYS_ try to contact the online server, and will use the information from the online server, no matter how old the disc is.

If it can't connect to OPD, it will then use it's internal database (if the disc is present), and it will still create the .dt1 file.

I tested this by deleting the cache, unplugging my computer from the internet, inserting a Fox BD+ disc from 2007/2008 and it tried to connect to the OPD, couldn't find it, still created the dt1 file and decrypted the disc. Deleted the cache again, connected the internet, inserted the same disc again, and it used the 'online database', but created the same .dt1 file.

So we could technically accumulate a collection of .dt1 files for every BD+ disc out there, but we really only need them for discs made since about 2014 or so... (I guess, I haven't tried a really recent disc yet.)

I don't have any ScreenPass discs to experiment with, so I'm not sure if those generate these files or not. But it sounds like they don't get cached.

Another I noticed when mpls cashed the disk called multipule mpls files but a filter set on m2ts revealed a steady sequence of each correct clip being decoded and played in REAL time. all we need to do is find the temp directory as the movie plays to pull out each desrambled file. I'll have to look into this. I don't want to goto jail so IVE got to be careful on this. I always say when using olley the weakest point of a program is when it calls for a pop-up box to enter a reg key. Let powerdvd do its magic and intercept at the first clip. In theory this should work and bypass aacs and any other protection. The legit disk with legit player will give you the correct key.

Last edited:
This thread has way too much off topic posts. Thank you for messing it up...

If Slysoft aren't going to resurrect, I hope that they (or someone else...) will release a key for AnyDVD. I was planning to buy that (once decided license length + if want any other s/w of theirs)... but then Slysoft go under :(

If I come up with a solution I'll post it. Off topic so let's continue.....

Oh Slysoft is gone gone gone. At least I got my money's worth :)

This thread has way too much off topic posts. Thank you for messing it up...

No not really, people are commiserating and trying to figure out what to do...there are many unanswered questions, especially about the OPD.....and who controls the assets.

Never thought this day would come. Another reason to dislike government and big business. I've been a lifetime member for nearly as long as Slysoft has been around. I really hope on the third day there is a resurrection and after forty an ascension!

No not really, people are commiserating and trying to figure out what to do...there are many unanswered questions, especially about the OPD.....and who controls the assets.
So feel free to open a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back