• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a copy installed on an old computer, how do I transfer that to a new PC? (I have the key file from when I bought lifetime support)

For the record, in Brazil there is no law against what AnyDVD does:

LINK

It´s possible to read the 1998 law here: http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/text.jsp?file_id=125393

And there are the amendments from the 2003 Penal Code (see article 184 here - and article here), however in both cases, only when there's direct/indirect profit, there's violation, otherwise nothing will happen. Backup of copyrighted content is allowed for the owner/private use. I don't recall any mentioning of any law or even case where someone has been sued for reverse engineering. Even Microsoft lost a case where they sued a company for making copies from the OS:

LINK

I don't know how other countries deal with this, so here's my suggestion. Although, as Mike Mozart would say in the "MegaUpload Dangerous Secrets affect YOU" Youtube video, you can't even have the slightest presence of your company in a country like the U.S. (or any other that caves to them), because that will make you a target. Megaupload had servers, if I am not mistaken, in one of those countries, even though they were based in Hong Kong, and that was used as an excuse to destroy them.

Last edited:
For the record, in Brazil there is no law against what AnyDVD does:
Thank you, this is very interesting!
I don't know how other countries deal with this, so here's my suggestion. Although, as Mike Mozart would say in the "MegaUpload Dangerous Secrets affect YOU" Youtube video, you can't even have the slightest presence of your company in a country like the U.S. (or any other that caves to them), because that will make you a target. Megaupload had servers, if I am not mistaken, in one of those countries, even though they were based in Hong Kong, and that was used as an excuse to destroy them.
Yes, this mistake caused trouble for DVDFab, too.

Looks like one file per disk where it was required. I see no reason why we all cant zip them up and share them. It's a start at least
Maybe someone could consider setting up BTsync or equivalent where people can contribute the cache files?

That could be me. :sneaky:

I actually was thinking about pulling that stunt. But what good would it make in the long term? New discs would come out, rendering existing AnyDVD useless, as the "Powers, That Be" can easily find vulnerabilities, with the source code disclosed.

Please contact me on my forum e-mail address with your contact details, and I would love to have a chat.

I am GMT+2 based, so I guess we could have a chat either anytime soon, or at a later time tomorrow.

He has nothing left to own. Not even a bank account.

If that is the case, then why not sell his business's years of knowledge, working products, customer databases and all to highest bidder? They have a database of all paid subscribers, that would be quite a start, and quite valuable.....

If that is the case, then why not sell his business's years of knowledge, working products, customer databases and all to highest bidder? They have a database of all paid subscribers, that would be quite a start, and quite valuable.....

Someone owns this...I doubt James does. Doesn't add up.

Sell the database of subscribers? How about the fact that that would be a massive and blatant violation of the users privacy? There's is no way to tell what they'd do with all the details. You're forgetting that it holds everything from name to address to payment details. Having that went over to some random company without my permission is UNACCEPTABLE to me. I value my privacy above all else.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Sell the database of subscribers? How about the fact that that would be a massive and blatant violation of the users privacy? There's is no way to tell what they'd do with all the details. You're forgetting that it holds everything from name to address to payment details. Having that went over to some random company without my permission is UNACCEPTABLE to me. I value my privacy above all else.

If the owner of the company owns nothing now, then somebody else has control of the OPD and users, etc. Who is it? Be glad it is encrypted.

This asking the wrong person. All I'm saying is theyb can't just go around and sell the user database.

This asking the wrong person. All I'm saying is theyb can't just go around and sell the user database.

That depends on who owns it. If the owner really has had all assets seized, then the OPD and user databased must have been seized. Since the OPD is apparently running, then it must be hidden somewhere or the new "owner" is letting it run and logging access....or they don't care. Interesting...probably safer to access the OPD behind a VPN.

That depends on who owns it. If the owner really has had all assets seized, then the OPD and user databased must have been seized. Since the OPD is apparently running, then it must be hidden somewhere or the new "owner" is letting it run and logging access....or they don't care. Interesting...probably safer to access the OPD behind a VPN.
Okay, I may have made a confusing statement. There is no "change of ownership" or "raid", there is no need to worry that an evil person is doing evil things.

Okay, I may have made a confusing statement. There is no "change of ownership" or "raid", there is no need to worry that an evil person is doing evil things.
James, please get in touch, I would like to have an offline chat.

First there's difference between the OPD and the customer database. I've got faith that slysoft would sooner destroy the customer database than let it get in the hands of the MPAA,aacs-la or some other country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back