• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually was thinking about pulling that stunt. But what good would it make in the long term? New discs would come out, rendering existing AnyDVD useless, as the "Powers, That Be" can easily find vulnerabilities, with the source code disclosed.
As someone with a lifetime subscription, I would very much like a local copy of the database.
I still plan on buying Blu-rays, and though the OPD is currently accessible it could easily be shut down.
When this happened I started to check all of my discs, and I have a stack of them which all require OPD access to play because they aren't cached.
Though there may not be a future for AnyDVD, I'd like to be able to continue using it for every disc which has been released up to 7.6.9.0

There are still DVDs that I'm buying, because they were never released in a newer format or because the newer releases were edited in some way. I'm sure the same will be true of Blu-ray, and I'd hate to seek out an obscure disc several years from now, to find that the OPD is no longer accessible and I can't play it any more.

Though I have a key which should work indefinitely, if this is it for Slysoft/AnyDVD I do agree with the people who have suggested that you release a "master" build of AnyDVD which is completely unlocked and includes the full database - including the discs which are typically not cached.

I guess the hope for releasing source code would be that the program sees continued development by other people.
At this point, is it safe to say that any new disc will not be playable, or does AnyDVD have built in mechanisms that will automatically work with any new disc which uses an already-broken protection?
If it is the former, I see no harm in releasing the source code.
If it is the latter I guess it might help the studios block it from working with new discs sooner?
I'm not sure how much that matters though. Without continued development, it seems like it probably won't be long until every new disc stops working anyway.

I always cleaned out my cache... stupid move it seems!
If the stored OPD on Slysoft servers can be shared to paying customers that would be a nice way of ending the AnyDVD saga.

You know the saying “All good things must come to an end.” It supposedly was coined by a guy named Geoffrey Chaucer in 1374. It’s a simple phrase, yet a true one. Things we enjoy, things we find comforting, things we love and embrace eventually come to an end. A good song, though we may want to continue singing it at the top of our lungs, comes to an end. A TV series, though it may be our absolute favorite, also comes to an end. A job, which we’ve poured ourselves into for years, also comes to a point where it is no longer. All good things come to an end.

I actually was thinking about pulling that stunt. But what good would it make in the long term? New discs would come out, rendering existing AnyDVD useless, as the "Powers, That Be" can easily find vulnerabilities, with the source code disclosed.
The online database would be nice, since the local cache doesn't cover everything (Blu-Ray Java that doesn't get cached, nor the Screen Pass correct playlist), and I'd like to be able to play everything I've already bought.

But don't get yourself in trouble. Thanks for the great work over the years!

Sad news.
I think the online database should be made accessible for the paying customers ...
Software as a service ...

Anyway thanks for the great work !

What's the best DVDfab package to buy that is equivalent to CloneBD and CloneDVD2? I'm not trying to be crass here, just facing facts.
Thanks, Sam

I say patience, hasn't even been a week yet. Forums still work. Haven't seen anything saying database won't be available, so until then there's that possibility.

Saw Demonoid totally disappear for around a year only to return with a different country code and their complete user database intact. Received an email one day notifying me of it's return. Still going strong. Perhaps the same could happen here.

Tuesday's movies backed up, predict next weeks will as well. Already good news at last....

http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-developer-anydvd-will-continue-to-work-78688/

Anyone yet mention the possibility maybe even probability of Slysoft selling their knowledge and customer database to highest bidder? They have a database of all paid subscribers, that would be quite a start, and valuable to whomever picks up the torch, which is more likely than not to happen. Would make business sense, they are businessmen.

Let's just have faith and see what happens, IMO too much at stake, the demand for the product exists. There are also capable Slysoft employees with ability to take their knowledge elsewhere or even start their own LLC, and, like DVDFAB, make just enough changes to avoid a lawsuit....

Last edited:
What's the best DVDfab package to buy that is equivalent to CloneBD and CloneDVD2? I'm not trying to be crass here, just facing facts.
Thanks, Sam

You can use DVDFab - Passkey with CloneDVD & BD

Is the OPD local cache individual files for each disk or one single file?

Don't know how many files it is, but it should contain the data for ALL discs you've seen so far and all needed that's for standard DVD/aacs decryption.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Is the OPD local cache individual files for each disk or one single file?

Looks like one file per disk where it was required. I see no reason why we all cant zip them up and share them. It's a start at least

Why can't the people from slysoft relocate the servers and software to a Chinese domain and Chinese servers? It worked fine for the DVDFab people. Just because one country has a problem with what they are doing doesn't mean they cant bounce the software and database from 1 country to another! Not every country out there is under the control of the US legal system!

Why can't the people from slysoft relocate the servers and software to a Chinese domain and Chinese servers? It worked fine for the DVDFab people. Just because one country has a problem with what they are doing doesn't mean they cant bounce the software and database from 1 country to another! Not every country out there is under the control of the US legal system!
Never say never....Most I think are waiting to see what happens...

You can use DVDFab - Passkey with CloneDVD & BD
That's a hard pill to swallow.....I talked to someone and last I heard CloneBD wasn't part of Passkey. Even their site doesn't list CloneBD unless they changed but I looked yesterday and didn't see CloneBD listed.

So will Elaborate Bytes pickup the support for CloneDvDMobile and CloneCD software?

No clue, CloneCD was originally an elby product so perhaps they might.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

So will Elaborate Bytes pickup the support for CloneDvDMobile and CloneCD software?
Unlikely. Pickup from whom? SlySoft, Inc. does no longer exist. Just some grumpy unemployed ex staff like myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back