• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FixVTS

DetroitBaseball

Did they stop developing FixVTS? There hasn't been any updates in about 7 months.

Sad news. Why would someone want to shut down FixVTS? It doesn't remove protection. Additionally, FixVTS is legal.

I think because it was in use with ripit4me? Not sure on this though.

I think because it was in use with ripit4me? Not sure on this though.
I think you can safely surmise that Ripit4me was the culprit here, although I cannot say that with a complete certainty either.;)

I think you can safely surmise that Ripit4me was the culprit here, although I cannot say that with a complete certainty either.;)

Well, no one will ever really know and jeanl only made one comment on the matter that I came across. I think that, in itself, says enough.

RipIt4Me made use of FixVTS, the old AnyDVD ripper used older FixVTS code. Some people even ran DVDs they ripped with CloneDVD through FixVTS to insure compliancy. If the studios were intentionally making the discs not compliant then, IMHO, of course they'd want FixVTS killed even if it doesn't break any laws. Because it was [or could be] used on conjunction with well-known products it definitely had to have drawn attention.

Of course, I'm only theorizing.

Well, no one will ever really know and jeanl only made one comment on the matter that I came across. I think that, in itself, says enough.

RipIt4Me made use of FixVTS, the old AnyDVD ripper used older FixVTS code. Some people even ran DVDs they ripped with CloneDVD through FixVTS to insure compliancy. If the studios were intentionally making the discs not compliant then, IMHO, of course they'd want FixVTS killed even if it doesn't break any laws. Because it was [or could be] used on conjunction with well-known products it definitely had to have drawn attention.

Of course, I'm only theorizing.
If I was the developer of FixVTS, and I was told to shutdown when it wasn't illegal, I wouldn't kiss their ass.

Well the source code is still out there for anybody to pick up.

By the way, go through the Doom9 news archives on the front page to read about who took down RipIt4Me and co and what happened to the people.

If I was the developer of FixVTS, and I was told to shutdown when it wasn't illegal, I wouldn't kiss their ass.

Oh you might be surprised at what you'd do. Ask the people that were put in that position. You can see by their actions what course of action is likely to be taken. The problem is, whether it's legal or not, you'd have to fight it in a court of law depending on where you live. Mega corporation vs individual doesn't usually bode well for the individual who isn't independently wealthy. And if you stopped to really THINK ABOUT IT, you'd come to a possible conclusion as to why both programs were stopped. But let's not get into conjecture in this thread. It's gone and unless someone picks up development(unlikely) it's going to remain gone. Fortunately Slysoft is still around.

RipIt4Me & FixVTS

and both of these programs still work great.

Oh you might be surprised at what you'd do. Ask the people that were put in that position. You can see by their actions what course of action is likely to be taken. The problem is, whether it's legal or not, you'd have to fight it in a court of law depending on where you live. Mega corporation vs individual doesn't usually bode well for the individual who isn't independently wealthy. And if you stopped to really THINK ABOUT IT, you'd come to a possible conclusion as to why both programs were stopped. But let's not get into conjecture in this thread. It's gone and unless someone picks up development(unlikely) it's going to remain gone. Fortunately Slysoft is still around.
Slysoft should be around forever since they are in Antigua.

Back