• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sonly BWU-100A Blu-ray drive ripping problem - PLEASE HELP

hlkc

I have been using Anydvd and DVD Shrink rips all my regular DVD without any problem. I just bought a Sony Blu-ray drive bwu-100a and installed it.
I can play regular DVD without any problem.
But when I tried rip my first Blu-ray DVD to my HD, I failed. About 60% or so it tells me something like a region code problem of some sort and tell me go to rp1 to download the latest driver. I did and I do have the latest driver. Any one have any idea why? Reboot few times already but no luck... Please help.

Many thanks in advance!

Anydvd HD version6.1.6.9

I have been using Anydvd and DVD Shrink rips all my regular DVD without any problem. I just bought a Sony Blu-ray drive bwu-100a and installed it.
I can play regular DVD without any problem.
But when I tried rip my first Blu-ray DVD to my HD, I failed. About 60% or so it tells me something like a region code problem of some sort and tell me go to rp1 to download the latest driver. I did and I do have the latest driver. Any one have any idea why? Reboot few times already but no luck... Please help.

Many thanks in advance!

Anydvd HD version6.1.6.9

You might take a look at what firmware version you are using with your sony drive. Refer to your owners manual as to how to update the firmware-I think the most recent version is version "e", but I am not sure.

You might take a look at what firmware version you are using with your sony drive. Refer to your owners manual as to how to update the firmware-I think the most recent version is version "e", but I am not sure.

Yes, it is the e. I triple check and I do see the 'e' in the device manager/detail section.

Here is something I don't get it... I can able to rip 1/2 of the movie, I can able to watch 1/2 of the movie 'Sky Captain of the World Tomorrow" but I try 6 times already and it just stopped right there. Do you guys think I am just luck with my first rip disc?

Also, Can DVDcone copy Blu-ray?

try just copying the files off the disc with anydvd closed and see if it will allow you to copy them over. if not then it's possibly the drive itself

try just copying the files off the disc with anydvd closed and see if it will allow you to copy them over. if not then it's possibly the drive itself

Guys,

False alarm! Sorry it was a bad Blu-ray disc. Just tried the 2nd Blu-ray and it worked without any problem. Case closed.

Thanks for all the help!

Back