• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3 coasters in a row w/ no history of issues using Clone DVD2

Gator1

I have been burning DVD’s to Verbatim DVD+R DL discs with no problem until recently I have gotten 3 coasters in a row. I’m trying to remember if this happened after I updated Clone DVD2.

I use DVD Fab HD decrypter to rip and Clone DVD2 to burn to disc. Up until recently this combination has created awesome back-ups for me. I am doing everything exactly the same way I did before, but now when I put the disks in the DVD player it says, “disc is not DVD format” and it won’t play.

I’ve gone through the forums to see if I could find a fix and nothing works. I changed my burn speed to 4X. I went to cdspeed2000 to change to dvd-rom and it appears that it is already defaulted to dvd-rom, but I’m not sure this is accurate because it is greyed out.

Can anyone think of anything else I should try? The same exact Verbatim discs that I burned prior are working fine. Every movie that I have tried in the last week or so turns out a coaster and I am doing nothing different. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@ Gator1,

Welcome to the Forum.

How have you confirmed that you are currently in fact using the “exact” Verbatim DL blank Media that you have been previously using?

Have you check the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Verbatim DL Media you have pervious used and the ‘newer” Verbatim DL you are currently using? To obtain this information use DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com).

Have you confirmed that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware installed?

Regards,
Coaster

Coaster,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure that the Verbatim Media that I am using is the "exact" media of the other movies I have burned because it is all from the same spool of recordable DVD's. There were 20 or 25 DVD's in the pack when i bought it.

My firmware is up to date as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

do the dvd's play without any problems in the pc? will they play on another dvd player ok?
try re-installing the previous version of clonedvd2-does that produce coasters?

You can narrow the problem down to CloneDVD by trying to burn with another app temporarily as a test. For instance, IMGBurn will burn them just fine. If IMGBurn or whatever works, then there may be an issue with CloneDVD and your drive.

Mike---- the DVD doesn't play on my PC or any other DVD player. Can you tell me how to re-install a previous version of Clone DVD2?

Samuri--- I'm checking out IMG burn right now. Looks more complicated then Clone DVD. I'm trying to figure out how to organize it all as ISO files so that I can test burn. Sort of the reason why I bought Clone DVD, so I could rip, put in a blank disk and burn with 2 clicks and be done.

Mike---- the DVD doesn't play on my PC or any other DVD player. Can you tell me how to re-install a previous version of Clone DVD2?

Samuri--- I'm checking out IMG burn right now. Looks more complicated then Clone DVD. I'm trying to figure out how to organize it all as ISO files so that I can test burn. Sort of the reason why I bought Clone DVD, so I could rip, put in a blank disk and burn with 2 clicks and be done.

Understandable. If you have the files on your hard drive, just select build mode in IMGBurn, drag the VIDEO_TS folder into the window, and then burn it. It'll do the rest.

IMG stated to "Switch to ISO build mode add your video_TS folder to the list and then create and image" so the drag and burn method didn't work for me.

IMG stated to "Switch to ISO build mode add your video_TS folder to the list and then create and image" so the drag and burn method didn't work for me.

That's what I said to do. Put IMGBurn in build mode, and drag the VIDEO_TS folder into the list window.

then it asks me to "create layer break position" Not sure what to select there.

That's not something I've had to do in IMGBurn as I've never burned dual layer from files...always from an image. Try a seamless layerbreak and see what happens I guess.

didn't know what the hell I was doing with IMG and made my 4th coaster!

How can i go back to an older version of Clone DVD?

didn't know what the hell I was doing with IMG and made my 4th coaster!

How can i go back to an older version of Clone DVD?

1. If you haven't done so already, ensure you're using Clonedvd 2.9.1.1 (an older version of Clonedvd had some bugs)

2. Please do steps 3 and 4 from here:
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651
(note that step 4 requires you to post information).

3. Try Anydvd 6.1.6.9 (free 21 day trial)--and not dvdfab (I'd recommend uninstalling it actually).

4. Follow these steps and pay close attention to steps 1 and especially 3: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

5. If you're using MKM 001, try a 4x write speed (not max).

Back