• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Batch Converting Protected ISO

DMac1

I am wondering if there is a way to batch convert a bunch of protected ISO's to unprotected ISO's. I am aware of this thread:

https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/command-line-clonedvd2-for-use-with-anydvd.31897/

My understanding is that converts it into folder structure. I don't really know the merits of ISO vs Folders but have liked ISO's to help keep things tidy. I also group my ISO's by folder (ie all three iso's of alvin and the chipmunks is under the folder Alvin and the chipmunks). So ideally it would keep my folder structure when it does the batch job (which I am unclear if that tool does).

I have ripped all my iso's using anydvd hd Rip to Image with the Keep Protection checked (I understood from another post this made a bit by bit copy). I did this for several reasons 1) Disk space isn't an issue (I have 100's of TB) 2) By keeping the original exactly in tact, I can convert using anything I want (Much like I rip all my music in Flac and convert to M4A, MP3 etc with the lossless original)(I do understand that MPeg2 isn't lossless but in this case I am looking to not loose any additional quality in conversion). 3) It isn't uncommon for there to be bugs, etc and I can re-rip a disk quickly (Image to image is 50X faster than disk to image).

I own CloneDVD2 and really like how it cleans up audio and subtitle tracks to make a smaller and cleaner ISO. However I have over 1,500 DVD's and don't want to spend another month + converting each one manually.

My intent is to batch convert the decrypted dvd's to MKV for playback on XBMC or Plex.tv. So in the end I will have a bit for bit copy, a decrypted copy, and a movie only copy. I know how to batch convert ISO to MKV. So I just need this piece. Your wisdom and experience will be greatly appreciated.

You're in the Anydvd section, anydvd doesn't convert anything. afaik there isn't no. The only way i can see going from protected to unprocted is mounting the iso's, then re-ripping them as unprotected.

I apologize, I probably should have said rip instead of convert (not sure I know the difference but I leave it to the experts). So my question is how to batch rip protected DVD to unprotected DVD's.

Maybe this should be in the clonedvd2 section. James mentioned both in his thread. If it should be in the other section I will gladly post it there instead or a mod could switch if they feel that is the correct place. I had a 50/50 chance of guessing which one it was and I guess I guessed wrong. :D

if it's a DVD, then it's in the wrong section. Anydvd doesn't do batching. The only way to do batch processing with dvd's is through cloneDVD.

Thanks, I have now copied it over to the clonedvd section.

I have ripped all my iso's using anydvd hd Rip to Image with the Keep Protection checked (I understood from another post this made a bit by bit copy).
Just FYI "Keep Protection" does nothing on DVDs, so the isos are all unprotected.

@James Good to know. So that only applies to BD as the box says. I thought it was a suggestion where one would most use it. My bad, thanks for the correction. So for clarification, all of my dvd's will be identical as if I didn't select that box? I am guessing the answer is yes from your post, but I thought it best to ask clarification than assume.

One of the reasons I was doing this is due to the fact cinavia is on some dvd's. Also, sometimes authoring of iso's have errors. So is there any other way to have a bit for bit copy of everything? That way if there is an error I don't have to dig out my dvd's? I have well over 2,000 physical dvd's. Not that I want to start over, I have spent a few months making the images in the first place.

Cinavia isn't a protection like CSS that can be removed on the fly. It's an audio DRM that requires audio processing to be removed. Hence the reason why CloneBD is required too to remove it. Anydvd cannot fix authoring issues, if there's authoring errors the disc defective and you need to exchange it. Anydvd is a decrypter / ripper, not a dvd authoring tool.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

@James Good to know. So that only applies to BD as the box says. I thought it was a suggestion where one would most use it. My bad, thanks for the correction. So for clarification, all of my dvd's will be identical as if I didn't select that box? I am guessing the answer is yes from your post, but I thought it best to ask clarification than assume.
The answer is yes.

Cinavia isn't a protection like CSS that can be removed on the fly. It's an audio DRM that requires audio processing to be removed. Hence the reason why CloneBD is required too to remove it. Anydvd cannot fix authoring issues, if there's authoring errors the disc defective and you need to exchange it. Anydvd is a decrypter / ripper, not a dvd authoring tool.
Well, AnyDVD's "rip to folder" always re-authors for DVDs. It is basically an invisible CloneDVD at work. Rip to image will do a "modified" sector copy.

Yeah but I meant real authoring errors like a faulty or badly designed menu, don't think anydvd can fix those. Anyway we're going of topic :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back