• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Device Updating Not Happening

JeffB

I selected the device profile for an Apple iPhone 6, and the profile said an update was available. I highlighted the profile and clicked the Get Update button. The profile entry changed its status to Download and the Get Update button dimmed. After that, nothing happened. No network activity and the profile never updated.

I repeated this test a few times with the same results. I did not test with any other device profiles.

Windows 10

Cheers,
Jeff

I selected the device profile for an Apple iPhone 6, and the profile said an update was available. I highlighted the profile and clicked the Get Update button. The profile entry changed its status to Download and the Get Update button dimmed. After that, nothing happened. No network activity and the profile never updated.

I repeated this test a few times with the same results. I did not test with any other device profiles.

Windows 10

Cheers,
Jeff

Did you click "ok" to close the dialog after that or cancel?

I clicked OK. When I selected the profile and clicked the Check For Updates button again, the status of the device profile reverted back to update available. The cycle repeats itself endlessly.

Cheers,
Jeff

Ok, thanks, we'll look into it.
Until then - simply remove the device (then close the dialog) and then add it again.

I clicked OK. When I selected the profile and clicked the Check For Updates button again, the status of the device profile reverted back to update available. The cycle repeats itself endlessly.

Cheers,
Jeff

I can see that happening, indeed.
But when I exit CloneBD and restart, it stops.
Actually, as far as I can see - after clicking "ok", the update is installed, it just appears as "update" again. And if I click "Update" and "Ok" again (during the same session), then it's reverted back to the old version.
So, a small bug, I'll report it

OK. Thanks. One more question -- it appears that any modifications I make to the profile stick, even if I delete it, close CloneBD and then install the profile again. How do I get back to the default settings for a profile? (I lose the option to update after all of this)

Thanks,
Jeff

OK. Thanks. One more question -- it appears that any modifications I make to the profile stick, even if I delete it, close CloneBD and then install the profile again. How do I get back to the default settings for a profile? (I lose the option to update after all of this)

I don't know what you edited, so I can't really answer that.
There are 4 xml files involved and they have different behavior, when edited.

I changed the quality slider, frame size and audio channels/bitrate of the iPhone 6 profile to test various quality settings and file size results. Now, every time I reload that profile, my changes become the new default. I want to get back to the original profile as provided by Elby. A logical follow-up to that is to ask if I can modify a profile and save it as a customized profile.

Thanks,
Jeff

I changed the quality slider, frame size and audio channels/bitrate of the iPhone 6 profile to test various quality settings and file size results. Now, every time I reload that profile, my changes become the new default. I want to get back to the original profile as provided by Elby. A logical follow-up to that is to ask if I can modify a profile and save it as a customized profile.

So, again, which file did you modify?
Some part of the profiles data is stored in the CloneBD installation folder and the "devices" portion of the downloadable devices is in a different user path.
If you changed the ones in the CloneBD folder, all you have to do is reinstall CloneBD.

Though I don't understand what settings there would influence the quality slider or frame size.
Resolutions and audio channels are pretty much the only thing that can really be edited there but that is strongly discouraged, as not all values are valid and modifications can cause all kinds of unexpected behavior.

If you're looking for a customized profile, please let us know what information requires customizing.

I may not be making myself clear. I don't alter any of the .xml files anywhere. I only use the Clone BD GUI. Screenshots below. In the first, I select the profile, and in the second screenshot you can see what parameters I change. My problem is that every time I select the same device profile, it defaults to what I modified the previous time, instead of the "factory" default as set up by Elby when I first installed CloneBD. I want to find a way to have the profile go back to its factory default settings.

Image #1:
CloneBDDeviceChoice.jpg

Image #2:
CloneBDParams.jpg

Cheers,
Jeff

I may not be making myself clear. I don't alter any of the .xml files anywhere. I only use the Clone BD GUI. Screenshots below. In the first, I select the profile, and in the second screenshot you can see what parameters I change. My problem is that every time I select the same device profile, it defaults to what I modified the previous time, instead of the "factory" default as set up by Elby when I first installed CloneBD. I want to find a way to have the profile go back to its factory default settings.

I'm not entirely sure why that is a problem for you - the settings you selected previously should normally make more sense to you than the more or less arbitrary ones in the default settting. Which is why CloneBD remembers, what you did last time.
Anyway - these settings are completely unrelated to the profiles.
You can open regedit.exe and navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Elaborate Bytes/CloneBD/Settings

and there delete every entry beginning with "Preferred...".
That will reset the defaults.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. Deleting the values beginning with "Preferred..." worked perfectly.

I think I see what you mean about the modified settings being unrelated to the profile -- the profile chooses and makes unavailable the encoding parameters that are dimmed in the "Adjust your profile" section of the "Target" tab. Is that correct?
the settings you selected previously should normally make more sense to you than the more or less arbitrary ones in the default settting
I wondered about that -- I didn't think many iPhone 6 users would want 22GB file sizes for movies they keep on their device! FWIW, I was really impressed that Elby had the time and resources to create and optimize profiles for all of the available devices listed. :):oops:

Cheers,
Jeff

ith "Preferred..." worked perfectly.

I think I see what you mean about the modified settings being unrelated to the profile -- the profile chooses and makes unavailable the encoding parameters that are dimmed in the "Adjust your profile" section of the "Target" tab. Is that correct?

I wondered about that -- I didn't think many iPhone 6 users would want 22GB file sizes for movies they keep on their device!

Yes, the device profiles basically limit the selections to what is possible with the device, but also preselect supported codecs.
I agree, 22GB file sizes don't make much sense on a phone, but that should be up to the user to decide. Also - sometimes people will stream the files off the phone to some larger display, so anything is - and should be - possible.

Back