• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

version 1.1.5.2 WMV and Zune

zdub

I converted bad news bears to wmv (experimental) but when i tried to sync it to my zune it still has to convert. why is this? also it fails to sync at random times 30 % 60% etc.... any ideas

I converted bad news bears to wmv (experimental) but when i tried to sync it to my zune it still has to convert. why is this? also it fails to sync at random times 30 % 60% etc.... any ideas

Those are the secrets, that Microsoft will never share with us... :(

The files all play find with Windows Media Player, I don't know, what kind of problem the Zune software has with them - considering the numerous Zune-bugs, this might just be another one and be resolved sometime.
At least I can't see any problem with the videos themselves...

I have the same results...although so far the failure rate is 100%. Error states: "Zune software cannot convert the file to the format required by the Zune device." Secret or no, it should be a WMV product that conforms the WMV standards Microsoft publishes publically...AND should be encoded in the supportive ratings for the Zune as Zune publishes their support specs publically. I am sure all that's been followed so it appears something else.

One thing I do notice...is the WMV result from CloneDVDMobile is listed with 0 frames per second with Explorer evfen though Media player statistics state the fps as 29.9. I have been using the ImTOO Zune Converter for a month now and its WMV result syncronizes with the Zune just fine and Explorer is able to view the FPS as 25 fps. The problem I have with their convert is the sound result on every WMV has this odd audio anomoly that sounds like the same sound the predator makes in the 1987 Predator film. Its like a grating echo behind the normal audio that can be heard on normal PC media player and on the Zune.

I'd say good try first round. One flexibility I seem to miss is the choice of profile settings in any result. I know we have the quality slider and it appears to automatically set the specs....but for any codec, be it DivX or WMV...being able to try different FPS, different video bitrate and audio bitrate, even sometimes quality based on I-frames per second...gives some good flexibilty when seeing what works best and then saving the profile for future runs.

One question I have had for a few weeks now....is the DivX support. Specifically, the codec. I have downloaded and installed the free DivX codec from www.divx.com. They have a paid version that sites a DivX Pro codec with even better features. Since it appears that the CloneDVDMobile relies on the installed codecs...does it matter or would it matter which codec is installed? The free DivX or the $20 DivX Pro? Is there an unseen feature that might make all the difference in the world?

One question I have had for a few weeks now....is the DivX support. Specifically, the codec. I have downloaded and installed the free DivX codec from www.divx.com. They have a paid version that sites a DivX Pro codec with even better features. Since it appears that the CloneDVDMobile relies on the installed codecs...does it matter or would it matter which codec is installed? The free DivX or the $20 DivX Pro? Is there an unseen feature that might make all the difference in the world?

CloneDVD mobile does not use any other installed codecs, the package is fully self-contained.
I'm thinking about a way to change that in the future...

CloneDVD mobile does not use any other installed codecs, the package is fully self-contained.
I'm thinking about a way to change that in the future...

YIKES! That opens up a can of support nightmares, IMO. If you start "relying" (for lack of a better term) on what's installed, you could find all kinds of trouble. For instance, what if they have 6.5 when you've tested under 6.6? And then 6.7 comes out. I understand why you'd WANT to do that, but, it just opens up a lot of trouble IMO. Granted, TMPGenc seems to pull it off fairly well, so, maybe it's not as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be. Still, I can foresee a misconfigured codec somewhere causing all kinds of problems.

YIKES! That opens up a can of support nightmares, IMO. If you start "relying" (for lack of a better term) on what's installed, you could find all kinds of trouble. For instance, what if they have 6.5 when you've tested under 6.6? And then 6.7 comes out. I understand why you'd WANT to do that, but, it just opens up a lot of trouble IMO. Granted, TMPGenc seems to pull it off fairly well, so, maybe it's not as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be. Still, I can foresee a misconfigured codec somewhere causing all kinds of problems.

No, don't get me wrong - nothing in CloneDVD mobile is ever going to rely on you having anything extra installed. The profiles will alway use the built in codecs so results will always be reproducible.
But it does make sense to add the possibility - at own risk - to utilize any available codec on the PC through a "DIY"-Interface.

No, don't get me wrong - nothing in CloneDVD mobile is ever going to rely on you having anything extra installed. The profiles will alway use the built in codecs so results will always be reproducible.
But it does make sense to add the possibility - at own risk - to utilize any available codec on the PC through a "DIY"-Interface.

Yea, I kind of assumed that. And I for one would most definitely make use of it. Just so long as you mark it as "advanced" to keep your support calls down. :)

One other thing...and this is getting into a gray area beyond all belief, I know, but, is it possible to make it so I can input an MPEG2 file instead of just a DVD? :D I do DivX conversions every night of tv shows I record for the people I work with. I'd love to be able to use CloneDVD Mobile for that. If not, no biggie.

One other thing...and this is getting into a gray area beyond all belief, I know, but, is it possible to make it so I can input an MPEG2 file instead of just a DVD? :D I do DivX conversions every night of tv shows I record for the people I work with. I'd love to be able to use CloneDVD Mobile for that. If not, no biggie.

I know, you're not the first one to ask.
We have discussed this a few times - whether we should add that to CloneDVD mobile. But it would a) not really match the purpose of that tool and b) be technically nearly more difficult to add it to cdvdm than to create a clean new product.

So, there are some plans for the future to create a software, that transcodes files to files though some GUI that allows visual cropping, zooming and whatelse...

I know, you're not the first one to ask.
We have discussed this a few times - whether we should add that to CloneDVD mobile. But it would a) not really match the purpose of that tool and b) be technically nearly more difficult to add it to cdvdm than to create a clean new product.

So, there are some plans for the future to create a software, that transcodes files to files though some GUI that allows visual cropping, zooming and whatelse...

That would indeed be a sweet product. I'll continue to use Divx Converter for now. At least it's finally Vista compatible. I still use CloneDVD Mobile for movies, though. I like the options that have been added.

there is a line in the profiles in the devices.ini file. it says something like "use mencoder =1" if the value is set to 0 what happens? does it use a diffferent codec? or just not work

there is a line in the profiles in the devices.ini file. it says something like "use mencoder =1" if the value is set to 0 what happens? does it use a diffferent codec? or just not work

Yes, ignore that one for now - it does mean that mencoder is to be used, but since at the time, there are no alternatives built in .... well.... you know... :)

so you could theoretically point the divx profile to the official divx codec if its installed on a system? (if i have divx and cdvdm installed i could use mencoder for eveything but divx, which i could use the divx codec for)

is that a realistic idea or just to complicated to implement? (besides the problems with people who dont know what they are doing :) )

Back