• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backups only work on "some" DVD players

Skelaratus

I used to be able to make a backup of my DVD's and it would work on any DVD player in the house. After a patch a few months ago, the backups only work on one DVD player in the house...and I have several others. It says "invalid media" in all but one DVD player in the house. Nothing has changed for me at all...same media used, same burner, same everything. I usually use AnyDVD, DVD Shrink, then DVD Decrypter to burn. I have even tried using Clone DVD and that doesnt rememdy the situation at all. Any advice?

What "Patch" are you speaking of? AnyDVD has updates.....is that what you are referring to?

Sounds like you players are getting a bit cantankerous. I use to have similar problems and decided to upgrade to newer stuff. For instance my older Panasonic would play my single layer discs fine. However, the same unit would have a fit when trying to play Verbatim DL's. A simple $50-$75 new player fixed that issue. Try a later model and see what happens. Of course your media may be the same brand but from a different lot. Try Verbatims and see if that helps.

Good Luck...

:bowdown::bowdown:WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown::bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

@ Skelaratus,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Forum Member MarkRacer states in posting #3 you might be using the same “Brand Name” DVD Media you have been previously using but the actual MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media might have changed. It is not unusual for DVD Media retailers to change the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media that they sell.

Suggest ensuring that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available. This will ensure that your particular undisclosed DVD Burner will be able to avail its self to the newest most current up to date Media Code write strategies ensuring the best possible Media compatibility and Burning quality.

Regards,
Coaster

I usually use Tiyo Yudin or Ridata media. My burner is a Ben-Q. I could try to a newer player. That may work. I will go spring for the $50-$75 and let you all know.

That would presuppose they got a new player. :) But the OP said they didn't, so, their issue is not related to that whatsoever. No, I'm with WebSlinger on this one, I'm pretty sure if you're buying Ridata media you're not going to be happy with the results. Stick to TY media. Ridata is notoriously one of the worst brands of media out there. Verbatim would also be a good choice.

Last edited:
.....Actually this issue may not be entirely media related.....
@ mahoney19,

Please thoroughly read Forum Members Skelaratus initial posting in this thread.

Forum Members Skelaratus initial posting states that his Backups used to work in “any DVD player in the house”. Then all of sudden “(only) one DVD player in the house” will properly play his Backups. Your referenced to a CDFreaks posting has no validity in this instance.

Please don’t attempt to cause confusion in trouble shooting Forum Members Skelaratus problem by interjecting references to a Form Posting that has nothing to do with Forum Member Skelaratus problem.

Informed Knowledge Forum Members are attempting to point out to Forum Members Skelaratus that in fact his problem IS Media Related. There is a strong indication that the problem IS caused by using known well-documented substandard Poor Quality DVD Media -> Ridata Media.

Regards,
Coaster

@ Skelaratus,

There is no reason to be contemplating replacing your Ben-Q DVD Burner and purchasing another DVD Burner.

I fully concur with both Forum Member Webslinger and SamuriHL assessment that your use of Ridata Media is most likely that cause of your problem. Discontinuing the use of Ridata Media and stick with known proven quality Taiyo Yuden and you should not have problems.

It is well-documented fact that Ridata Media is poor quality Media and experienced informed knowledgeable users avoid the use of Ridata Media. Stick with known proven quality Taiyo Yuden and you should not have problems.

Also as pervious suggested my #4 posting ensure that your Ben-Q DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware.

To confirm that in fact your problem IS the Ridata Media you are using use DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) on the Backups that are not playing properly and check the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVD Media. If the Backup that are not playing properly have Ridata Media MIDs you have confirmed that the problem is Ridata Media.

Your could expand the troubling shooting by using Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_4750.zip) and perform a Disc Quality Scan on the Backups that are not playing properly. To obtain information on how to perform Disc Quality Scan refer to the Nero CD-DVD Speed User Guide (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=192563).

Regards,
Coaster

I'll go with the bad media theory also. Go with the Ty's or Verbatim.

Actually this issue may not be entirely media related. There is a problem with some stand alone dvd players and slysoft products as noted and well tested in this thread at CD Freaks. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=224544

1. Clonedvd is an Elaborate Bytes product--developed by Elaborate Bytes. Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd. The title of the thread at Cdfreaks is misleading.

2. Using +R and changing the booktype as I stated in my original reply, works regardless.

Here's what someone at Elaborate Bytes has to say on this topic:

"If a DVD manufacturer would block our produced DVDs explicitly in their firmware we would be very happy about it. Since this is a criminal act that company could easily be sued by us for several billion dollars amends in all countries they sell their DVD players. Then we would take over that company as compensation and sell it for a dime to North Korea :)"

Now if Macrovision is specifically blocking Clonedvd, the method is pretty lame because it's allowing Clonedvd backups to be played with a "dvd-rom" booktype. Either this isn't a Macrovision issue (and it would seem to me in order for this to be the case the vast majority of newer dvd players wouldn't be able to play dvd-r backups made by Clonedvd, as opposed to some standalone dvd players from specific manufacturers)--or the standalone dvd player (firmware) check is a faulty/bugged ("oh look, the disc is a "dvd-rom"; I'll play it" . . . instead of "Oh, this disc was made by Clonedvd. I won't play it, and I don't care that its booktype is "dvd-rom"). I have trouble believing a programmer would be that sloppy. /shrug

Last edited:
Back