• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping and PowerDVD

WeeJockPooPongMcPlop

Hi,

Valid owner of AnyDVD-HD and Cyberlink's PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 :clap:

I currently play a variety of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray discs from my Toshiba HD-DVD drive and Pioneer Blu-Ray drive. No problems so far.

I do however review HD movies for an online web site and would like to include pics of the movies I review however PowerDVD disables the screen capture functionality for HD stuff.

In my search for a good graphics card for my HD HTPC I came across a review on HardSpell which showed King Kong in PowerDVD and the snapshot functionality was still active !!! They were playing TS files of King Kong.

So I rip my King Kong HD-disc to my hard drive. What I get is a couple of folders with EVO files and others contained within. I then fire up PowerDVD and browse to that folder in the hope it will play. It doesn't though.

So my question, finally I hear you say... how do I play AnyDVD-HD ripped files in Cyberlink's PowerDVD ?

Many thanks
Keith

as long as you don't care about the audio track and are only wanting to see the video then you just go into powerdvd and tell it to 'Play file from Harddrive' and find the .evo file for the movie and tell it to play it. If you want to be able to see the full movie with menu's etc then you tell it to play movie from folder and point it at the folder that the HVDVD_TS folder is in and hit ok, But Powerdvd will no longer let you take screenshots when playing a full HD-DVD, so if it's just for the screen shots you're better off telling it to play a file

Thats fanastic and just what I need, thanks for your reply I'll try over the weekend. I take it the .evo file containing the film will probably be the largest one ?

Keith

Thats fanastic and just what I need, thanks for your reply I'll try over the weekend. I take it the .evo file containing the film will probably be the largest one ?

Keith
Yes, but usually it is 2 files - though sometimes it can be a whole bunch of them.

Hi,

I've ripped a file and its produced the folders and files as expected. I can play individual EVO files within PowerDVD no problem,

The capture icon is still disabled though. Any ideas ?

Thanks
Keith

Install Sonic Scenarist 4.1 (costs money) and Graphedit (free)
Drop the .EVO or .m2ts file into graphedit
Delete the Audio Decoder or change it to the Sonic Audio Decoder (cos it will have selected the wrong one)
Play and grab with "Print Screen"

This only grabs at your set screen resolution though

PS
You can play all HD-DVD/Blu-Ray without having to buy/use powerDVD

Last edited:
I'd like to know how you can play them with full menu structure etc without Powerdvd

Thats what I thought, thats why I asked him the question

No pretty menus, but all the sound tracks are available from a right click of the mouse.

Install
Zoomplayer + Haali + FFDShow

Just to be greedy, I was playing HD-DVD in one window and Blu-Ray in the second window (OK so it maxed out my CPU)
Just drag the .EVO or .m2ts into the Zoomplayer window
If it doesn't work, right click in zoomplayer, look at the filter list, uninstall the unwanted filter that is causing the problem
If you want to use Haali video renderer (rather than default), right click in zoomplayer, advanced mode, options, video, custom,select custom renderer, Haali Video Renderer

File playback is now totally free of charge
Playback is smooth on a c2d (for one movie at a time)
Alt F gives a full resolution snapshot
Print Screen & paste into paint gives a desktop grab

Several other options for playback with hardware acceleration here
http://www.therewindforums.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=91645#91645

Last edited:
I'll stick with Powerdvd, It does everything and gives me the full disc options and is so much easier than loading the system with unneccessary programs and codecs

Sarah I'll definitely be looking into this, thanks.

What combination of filters did you have to use to get the EVO and M2TS files to play, as you can probably see I'm pretty new to the whole filter stuff.

Thanks
Keith

[EDIT] - not to mind I followed your link and you have the information there. I'll give that a shout then get back to you if I feel like I'm wading through mud.

Last edited:
After a bit more work I found a problem

DD+ audio tracks on HD-DVDs completely throw Zoomplayer
But selecting "Cinemaster Audio Decoder" in Graphedit allows DD+ audio to work.

So you're saying I have to use Sonic. I presume if I just want screen shots then I don't need to render the audio ?

Keith

Well Sarah,

I tried all that and I still could not get it to work. Any chance of some more detailed information.

I was using the ffdshow video renderer and when I played back the movie I got a black screen. FFDShow is definitrly being called as I could see the resolutionout put in green at the top left corner of the window.

I removed that and inserted the Haali renderer and when trying to connect the out pin from VMViedo DMO to the input of Haali I got an error saying they were incompatable.

As you can see I am a novice with graphs.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks
Keith

HD-DVD is flaky because only Cinemaster Audio Decoder seems to handle DD+

best to use graphedit (install graphedit, Haali, ffdshow, cineplayer codec pack)

HD-DVD, start with Haali splitter filter then use this filter chain (grab using print screen) (works in Vista and XP)

If you use Graphedit without connecting the audio pins, you don't need Sonic at all. Just use Haali splitter (not the AR version) as the first filter (to select the input file) then right click on the Video pin and "render pin" .... job done

If you really must use Zoomplayer use this text in a file called evo.mediagraph and grab using ALT + F (this works in Vista but not in XP for me)

............................................................................................................................................

LoadFilter({51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A},Video_Mixing_Renderer_9)
LoadFilter({79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767},Default DirectSound Device)
LoadFilter({D7D50E8D-DD72-43C2-8587-A0C197D837D2},Sonic_Cinemaster®_Video_Decoder_4.3.0)
LoadFilter({9F062738-CD84-4F54-A3C4-BD5EB44F416B},Sonic_Cinemaster®_Audio_Decoder_4.3.0)
LoadFilter({250D7B7D-4344-41FD-A284-7299B7765F18},Sonic_HD_Demuxer)

# Sonic HD Splitter
// first ConnectPin gives error message no matter what is in it
ConnectPin(Sonic_HD_Demuxer,Audio Out,Sonic_Cinemaster®_Audio_Decoder_4.3.0,Audio in)
ConnectPin(Sonic_HD_Demuxer,Video Out,Sonic_Cinemaster®_Video_Decoder_4.3.0,Video in)

# Pin connections
ConnectPin(Sonic_Cinemaster®_Video_Decoder_4.3.0,Video Out,Video_Mixing_Renderer_9,VMR Input0)
ConnectPin(Sonic_Cinemaster®_Audio_Decoder_4.3.0,Audio Out,Default_DirectSound_Device,Audio Input pin (rendered))

.................................................................................................................................................

or with those filters installed just drop the .EVO file into Media Player Classic and use the snapshot function. (works in Vista or XP)
No need to copy any files to hard disk, AnyDVD will let you drag from the disk.

Last edited:
Sarah,

thanks for taking the time to help me out here, it's still gobble-di-gook to me though. When I have some free time in an evening I'll get stuck into what you suggest. About time I learned ab out GraphEdit and FileMerit.

Keith

Back