• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Not Reading DVDs, but Reading Bluray

JimStone77

The problem I'm having is that whenever I put a DVD disk in my frive, AnyDVD shows the message

Warning Failed to Read DVD
This could have several reasons. Etc.

This happens on any DVD I place in the drive. The thing is, it reads and allows me to copy bluray disks just fine. This only happens on DVD disks. when I run my DVD player, they all read the DVD disks just fine. I'm using AnyDVD HD 7.6.5.3. and my drive is a Mtshita BD-MLT UJ267 9.5mm Internal SATA. Everything shows region 1 so I'm at a loss to what's happening here or why all other programs read the disks fine.

Anydvd logfile please with problematic disc. No logfile, we can't help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

If you disable AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon in the task bar and click 'exit') can you then see the DVD's inside Windows?

It's quite possible that the DVD head on the drive has failed which is why Blu-rays still work as they use different lasers

Anydvd logfile please with problematic disc. No logfile, we can't help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Where would these logfiles be, I see no option for logfiles in the program? Maybe I'm missing something.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I put a DVD disk in my frive, AnyDVD shows the message

Warning Failed to Read DVD
This could have several reasons. Etc.

This happens on any DVD I place in the drive. The thing is, it reads and allows me to copy bluray disks just fine. This only happens on DVD disks. when I run my DVD player, they all read the DVD disks just fine. I'm using AnyDVD HD 7.6.5.3. and my drive is a Mtshita BD-MLT UJ267 9.5mm Internal SATA. Everything shows region 1 so I'm at a loss to what's happening here or why all other programs read the disks fine.
Exit AnyDVD and set your drive Region code in device manager.

If you disable AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon in the task bar and click 'exit') can you then see the DVD's inside Windows?

It's quite possible that the DVD head on the drive has failed which is why Blu-rays still work as they use different lasers

Yes, the DVDs can still be seen in windows. I don't think the DVD head has failed since as stated, I can play the DVDs with DVD players (VLC, Cyberlink, etc). So the DVD drive works on DVDs, just not with AnyDVD HD. It always gives the message I quoted above so that clone DVD won't work. While clone BD works perfectly. Vry strange.
Exit AnyDVD and set your drive Region code in device manager.

Thanks!

Back