• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When will 3D be supported?

MovieFan

I bought this program when first launched. I am a longtime and happy user of AnyDVD-HD and bought a lifetime license of that. I bought a 2 year license for CloneBD anticipating that it would again wow me with functionality as AnyDVD-HD has done for years. So far I have barely used it. I did use it to make a single ISO of a Blu-Ray disk I own and it worked fine after several updated had come out from the time I purchased it. It just isn't doing much of anything for me overall that I can't already do for free with existing programs.

Today I tried to rip a simple MKV from a physical BR disk and it immediately failed. I did not get the error logs and I'm not asking for support on this. I mention it because that has been my experience in general with CloneBD: Hit or miss. I am now ripping an MKV of the same movie from the ISO I made with AnyDVD-HD and so far it is working. Hopefully it will complete without issue and is usable in Plex.

FTR, Handbrake also does this flawlessly and is free.

My main concern right now though is 3D support. I bought this program before it was released anticipating this feature would be here shortly, but still nothing. 3D is WHY I bought this program. Slysoft/Elby has a good reputation, which is why I invested here, but this is not the only program that supports 3D and the others already work. I skipped them to buy CloneBD.

I use BDtoAVCHD already to create SBS/TAB MKV files and it's totally free:

http://www.connecta2000.com/BDtoAVCHD/?lang=en

Does anyone know of others?

I have not used it yet, but I am very tempted to buy this one as DVDFab also is reputable:

[link removed]

I guess I'm just hoping that my investment wasn't squandered here. Are there any updates on 3D support?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is clearly stated that 3d would be supported in a future version, if you bought it for 3D you bought it at the wrong time. That's all there is to it, 3d will get added when it gets added. It's on the to do list.

As far as those other programs go, you're in the CloneBD section. Not the 3rd party section where you can advertise that stuff. That said, there's plenty of solutions out there in the mag time to do 3d and a lot better than dvdcrap. That one fails on 90% of 3d discs I tried it on some time ago, and the other 10% had severe pixellation issues. BD-rebuilder: none of those issues and free on top!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It seems I did buy it at the wrong time.

Or, if it is taking this long to add a feature advertised when it was released almost a year ago, perhaps it's really a different, future product they are looking at for 3D functionality and not in fact this one?

I bought it sight-unseen to support the company. My bad...

As far as the listing of the other programs goes, I did that not to "advertise" them, but to establish I wasn't talking out of my butt by saying there are other programs out there that could do it. There are in fact others that can do it and here they are... I don't work for any of these companies and have no interest in them. If Slysoft's product is better than they have nothing to worry about anyway, do they?

Is there even a roadmap with estimated dates for features?

3d will get added to this one, not another product. There are just more pressing matters atm, like perfecting the encoding engine. There's no point in adding 3d support if the encoding engine that will be used for it isn't at optimal performance.

As far as dates and times goes, slysoft doesn't do estimates. That way people cannot be disappointed when that estimated date comes and goes without a certain release. As the saying goes: 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.

Things will get added when the software is ready to do so :)

It is clearly stated that 3d would be supported in a future version, if you bought it for 3D you bought it at the wrong time. That's all there is to it, 3d will get added when it gets added. It's on the to do list.

As far as those other programs go, you're in the CloneBD section. Not the 3rd party section where you can advertise that stuff. That said, there's plenty of solutions out there in the mag time to do 3d and a lot better than dvdcrap. That one fails on 90% of 3d discs I tried it on some time ago, and the other 10% had severe pixellation issues. BD-rebuilder: none of those issues and free on top!

I too bought for features not quite there yet. Did I buy at the wrong time? No!!!
I invested in the product and what it might become, I don't complain because I invested in the possible capabilities of the software in future.
I wait patiently because it is being worked on and getting better, my decision beginning to end.

Ch3vr0n
Not disagreeing with you, just another way to look at it

karaokeamerica
You bought it because it might do x in future, it will, just be patient
As was said --- go with dvdcrap and you get what you get

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.

My expectation is only that I have some realistic idea of when a product can do what I need it to do before I bought it. I emailed Elby prior to purchase to ask about this and they told me to submit my request to some sort of forum post for for feature requests. That was almost a year ago.

Nope. It was already listed as a "to do" when I bought it. I shouldn't have to put this feature on my "wish list" when they already supposedly had it in the pipeline.

If it takes 3 years to get that functionality so be it. I just think it would be fair and is not unreasonable to expect a product to do something it is advertised to do within a reasonable time frame. Henry Ford didn't advertise air conditioning on cars in the 1920's even though it came eventually. They simply started selling it when it was available and not before.

This info is so consumers can make educated choices. It is not because I want to complain about something. If I knew it was going to be a long time I could have held off and used another solution in the meantime. Instead I invested in Slysoft. I don't think I did the wrong thing. I think I took a leap of faith in a company I already knew and liked. So far it just hasn't panned out. I wish it were different.

I just think it would be fair and is not unreasonable to expect a product to do something it is advertised to do within a reasonable time frame

I don't remember seeing 3D listed as a feature or a timeline of when it would be supported.
"to do" means they will get to it when they get to it, when they have time.
Be patient

I tried to post a pic, but this forum won't let me upload an image...

Feel free to look here though:

http://slysoft.com/en/clonebd.html

3D Blu-ray and H.265/HEVC is not supported yet, but will be available soon.

3D support coming soon...

It has mentioned this since day 1, which is why I bought it.

My bad for thinking "soon" was different than "someday".

You said you bought it for 3d, Coming soon is different from already present. 'Soon' doesn't indicate a set timeframe.

I bought this program when first launched. I am a longtime and happy user of AnyDVD-HD and bought a lifetime license of that. I bought a 2 year license for CloneBD anticipating that it would again wow me with functionality as AnyDVD-HD has done for years. So far I have barely used it. I did use it to make a single ISO of a Blu-Ray disk I own and it worked fine after several updated had come out from the time I purchased it. It just isn't doing much of anything for me overall that I can't already do for free with existing programs.

Today I tried to rip a simple MKV from a physical BR disk and it immediately failed. I did not get the error logs and I'm not asking for support on this. I mention it because that has been my experience in general with CloneBD: Hit or miss. I am now ripping an MKV of the same movie from the ISO I made with AnyDVD-HD and so far it is working. Hopefully it will complete without issue and is usable in Plex.

FTR, Handbrake also does this flawlessly and is free.

My main concern right now though is 3D support. I bought this program before it was released anticipating this feature would be here shortly, but still nothing. 3D is WHY I bought this program. Slysoft/Elby has a good reputation, which is why I invested here, but this is not the only program that supports 3D and the others already work. I skipped them to buy CloneBD.

I use BDtoAVCHD already to create SBS/TAB MKV files and it's totally free:

http://www.connecta2000.com/BDtoAVCHD/?lang=en

Does anyone know of others?

I have not used it yet, but I am very tempted to buy this one as DVDFab also is reputable:

[link removed]

I guess I'm just hoping that my investment wasn't squandered here. Are there any updates on 3D support?

Thanks!
Let's get 2D fixed first.

Let's get 2D fixed first.
I just use AnyDVD and ImgBurn and make an image to my hard drive then using ImgBurn, I burn from the image to a Blu-ray dvd. I use 50 gig to 50 gig.
All my 3ds work - you don't even need a 3d reader or burner. The only problem in Civina

There is no such thing as a bluray DVD. Since you're neither cloning with CloneBD nor processing 3d for real, kind of a pointless post in regards to the topic. The main topic here is 3d support in CloneBD, not cloning 1:1 with IMGBurn

There are many ways to get a shrinked copy of a 3D BD (use the searchengine in this board - you'll find a good description).At this time - I don't know any "one-programm-solution" which was able to copy 3D BD with shrinking on a reliable way. Even the "monkey" has got big problems with 3D BD's.

Then you might want to take a look at BD-Rebuilder, can shrink them flawlessly provided you run Win7 or above. There are some pixellation issues when playing on a SOFTWARE player but thats the software player problem and not a problem with BDRB

There are many ways to get a shrinked copy of a 3D BD (use the searchengine in this board - you'll find a good description).At this time - I don't know any "one-programm-solution" which was able to copy 3D BD with shrinking on a reliable way. Even the "monkey" has got big problems with 3D BD's.

Actually, I have made a 25GB "shrunk" copy of a 3D disk using the aforementioned "BDtoAVCHD". It has the ability to shrink the entire disk, just the main movie and possibly other options. I have used just those two things. The single time I used it to make a 25GB ISO image I did burn it to physical media and it played/worked perfectly.

I don't know if that was just lucky or if the program is really that reliable. My main concern is simply the main movie in a 3D format that can be played via software....preferably something like Plex so I can use it to be a one stop media center for my PC.....so I only tried the ISO option that one time.

I don't know what the "monkey" is.

PS: this post is NOT an advertisement for another program. Like I said earlier I have no interest in any other program and the one I mention is free anyway. However, right now, SlySoft does not even offer a program that does anything with 3D at all that I'm aware of. I don't see why it would be an issue for folks to talk about solution that DO exist, at least until SlySoft releases their own solution. No disrespect to SlySoft is intended nor implied in anything I am saying here.

The Monkey is DVDFAB. Making a copy of a 3 D BD the shrinking process works, but the result is a BD with sound failures (my experience). That's the reason why I use the BD-Rebuilder in combination with tsMuxer. It's more work, but the results are top. I am sure, for the future, CloneBD will leave the actual problems behind on the way for a one-step-solution for copying a 3D BD.

That's the reason why I use the BD-Rebuilder in combination with tsMuxer. It's more work, but the results are top.
Is this a common solution? Is there a tutorial to do this?

Ultimately I would like to have a decent way to create high-quality 3D files for playing in Plex. For now that appears to be limited to either SBS or TAB MKV files, but maybe that will change someday.

When I figure out if there are any software solution for playing other types of full resolution 3D this need may change, but do you have a tutorial on how to do what you do? Is this a common solution? I have never used either of these programs.

Thanks!

BDRB is a very common solution. Configure it, mount the 3D iso and watch it do its thing. movie-only can be done either SBS, O/U, RC anaglyph and GM anaglyph (may be able to do full size too but unsure). The only requirement to do 3D processing is as said Windows 7 and up. This is due to the FRIM 3D encoding engine having certain requirements that don't work below w7.

Everything you need to know and how to do the initial backup is in the first post of BD Rebuilder Beta - Bug Reports Only - Doom9's Forum.

all the rest can be done either through configuring the app from within the GUI or by reading the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file in its program folder.

BDRB is a very common solution. Configure it, mount the 3D iso and watch it do its thing. movie-only can be done either SBS, O/U, RC anaglyph and GM anaglyph (may be able to do full size too but unsure). The only requirement to do 3D processing is as said Windows 7 and up. This is due to the FRIM 3D encoding engine having certain requirements that don't work below w7.

Everything you need to know and how to do the initial backup is in the first post of BD Rebuilder Beta - Bug Reports Only - Doom9's Forum.

all the rest can be done either through configuring the app from within the GUI or by reading the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file in its program folder.

Thank you!

I have been on that Doom9 page before. It has over 1100 pages of posts between the OP with the basic instructions and the end with current posts on it. I presume that you mean all the info I need is in that first post, correct?

In the first post are the instructions to configure the helper aps BDRB relies on to work, the program itself can then be further configured (which languages you wish to keep etc, remove temp files,...) through either the internal configuration GUI or by switches added to the bdrebuilder.ini file that are listed in the hiddenopts.txt file.

Back