• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble ripping DVD: DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

Xzisted

I am having trouble ripping a DVD of Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. AnyDVD is erroring out with:

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

I am also having this issue with another DVD that I received recently, so I am very intrested in rooting out the problem.

Logfile attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.4.2_Info_I_MI5_ROGUE_NATION.ziplog
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
This is a new release, can't see any read errors. But this one is a new one for me

0.72s: Backup at -5, FS_Backup at 335
0.72s: ERROR: pickBestVMI 0: exception!
0.75s: ERROR: pickBestVMI 1: exception!
0.75s: ERROR: pickBestVMI failed!

I'm guessing a new protection. James will have to give the final vote.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I am having trouble ripping a DVD of Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. AnyDVD is erroring out with:

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

I am also having this issue with another DVD that I received recently, so I am very intrested in rooting out the problem.

Logfile attached.

Thanks.
Where is this disc from? Country? Edition? EAN code or Amazon order link?

and as far as that other disc problem goes, unless you create a NEW TOPIC (if is a different movie) and provide the logfile, we won't be able to help you with that one

I'm having the same problem. I have been using a combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for many years with great success. Every year about this time I get about 50 screeners and make backup copies for myself. I usually have about 1 or 2 that wont burn. This year I am running at about a 50% failure with that error IFO Format 3. I have tried 3 different computers with 2 different OS's. Its not even one specific studio. Many are from Universal, Sony, Warner Bros, etc.

The only thing i do notice is that they wont even play on the computer using VLC. They arent bluray, just normal DVD's.

I'll include a log from Jurrasic World, one of the ones that is currently failing with this error

Any ideas?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.5.0_Info_D_JURASSIC_WORLD.ziplog
    80.1 KB · Views: 4
No you don't have the same problem. Op's disc is from mission impossible. Different disc, different problem. Decryption looks fine and that's not a new release. Looks defective to me.

I'm having the same problem. I have been using a combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for many years with great success. Every year about this time I get about 50 screeners and make backup copies for myself. I usually have about 1 or 2 that wont burn. This year I am running at about a 50% failure with that error IFO Format 3. I have tried 3 different computers with 2 different OS's. Its not even one specific studio. Many are from Universal, Sony, Warner Bros, etc.

The only thing i do notice is that they wont even play on the computer using VLC. They arent bluray, just normal DVD's.

I'll include a log from Jurrasic World, one of the ones that is currently failing with this error

Any ideas?

These discs are screeners. They are almost universally USA/Region 1 with no associated Edition or EAN. Definitely no Amazon order link.

--X

Hey Xzisted,

I, too, get these screeners and all of them so far (about 10) have this same IF0 Format 3 error. Like you, I had a couple of bad ones every year but not like this. I think the studios must have stumbled on to a way to keep people from backing up their discs. I'm hoping James is going to come back with a fix.

Best,
S

I'm hoping James is going to come back with a fix.

I'm sure he can if he chooses to. (not much call here for screener copies)
Also, screeners are given out by the MPAA with the specific consent and trust that they will not be copied.
So that's a judgment call too.
-W

I'm sure he can if he chooses to. (not much call here for screener copies)
Also, screeners are given out by the MPAA with the specific consent and trust that they will not be copied.
So that's a judgment call too.
-W
I agree about why the screeners are given out. I run into this issue almost every year and almost without fail, once screener season is finished, the method used to secure them is rolled out to commercial DVD's within a couple months and at that point AnyDVD is able to rip them. If he chooses to add these new protections now, it means he doesn't have to do it come January/February.

--X

I've had similar issues in years past. This year is obviously getting a bit more challenging. Here's log files for Creed and The Big Short.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.6.0_Info_D_Creed.ziplog
    75.7 KB · Views: 4
Just in case:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_D_STEVE_JOBS.ziplog
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_D_THE_DANISH_GIRL.ziplog
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_D_THE_BIG_SHORT.ziplog
    79.2 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_D_STRAIGHT_OUTTA_COMPTON.ziplog