• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No WMV support

I'm going to go on record and say that I'd like to see HD DVD and BluRay conversion to DivX and WMV. Yes, I'm FULLY aware of the reality I'm asking for. However, I don't care if it takes 3+ days. I have dedicated video machines that I could use for the conversion. I think it'd be a really sweet thing to have though. And machines will continue to get faster so having it now will only be beneficial for the future.

Well, of course, there are plans to tackle that one...

But we have 3 different video codecs here, several different audio encoding methods, 2 different multiplexing schemes and a lot of trouble coming from the new features (like IME and the like) on top of that.

It's really an incredible amount of work that has to be done.

(and not to forget, that nearly nobody at this time will really want to use it, considering that the conversion of a single movie might take up to two days....).

Last edited:
Well, of course, there are plans to tackle that one...

But we have 3 different video codecs here, several different audio encoding methods, 2 different multiplexing schemes and a lot of trouble coming from the new features (like IME and the like) on top of that.

It's really an incredible amount of work that has to be done.

No, I know. I don't expect it to be out tomorrow. :) Just knowing that you're even thinking about it is a good thing. I do realize just how big of a task it really is. My suggestion would be to start out with a conversion to similar codec. For instance, VC1 -> WMV, AVC -> AVC, MPEG2 -> DivX. Don't worry about going across formats for now. Then again, you guys know what you're doing and don't need my input. ;)

like i said, word brother sam

i know you guys will do what you can. none of your products have failed me yet.

Back