• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GOOGLE CHROME MIKE RISK

Roycal

This is probably old news by now but what do you think about this flaw with Google Chrome that allows websites to basically continue to listen in on a user's exposed microphone?
http://tinyurl.com/npcqb5o

This video impressed me. Not sure if this problem has been patched yet or not:

Last edited:
That YouTube users channel is simply chocka with conspiracy videos.

I don't use or load Chrome so they can pout all they want....

That YouTube users channel is simply chocka with conspiracy videos.
You are right that the YouTube poster is a conspiracy theorist but the first link is to the Guardian article about the weakness. The Youtube video is an exercise on how a website could access the mike without knowledge of the visitor and the Guardian article seems to confirm that.
I don't want to navigate the websites highlighted in the video that would exploit the flaw just to prove it is real for obvious reasons of other possible exploits, but wondered if anyone else has confirmed this to be real and if it has been patched yet?
I thought that Chrome was a reasonably secure browser but if they let something like this go this long, it raises questions about overall security.

BTW I always keep thick black tape over my laptop camera port and the mike muted when not in use. If you have a company laptop, some employers do use them to spy on their employees and it is actually legal in most states. :)

Last edited:
How many shooters were there in the Kennedy assassination? Was the WTC an inside job? and a million other questions that will never be answered. They sure would need alot of ears to listen to everyones background noise. Silly stuff for sure.

If you have a company laptop, some employers do use them to spy on their employees and it is actually legal in most states. :)
Really I doubt that. They own it and what you do on it they own that or view that. You want to do your own stuff use your own computer. Their computer they own it's simple as that.

As a follow up to this thread, I'm pretty sure that this problem can be solved by turning off background apps when Chrome is closed in the settings. I think it's on by default.
Here is a screen shot to show how to turn it off.

It is a little suspicious that they buried that setting so deep in the advanced settings.

Attachments

• chrome_apps1.jpg
    chrome_apps1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
As a follow up to this thread, I'm pretty sure that this problem can be solved by turning off background apps when Chrome is closed in the settings. I think it's on by default.
Here is a screen shot to show how to turn it off.

It is a little suspicious that they buried that setting so deep in the advanced settings.
More Reason not to use Chrome....

More Reason not to use Chrome....
What do you use? IE is the worst, IMHO. Chrome seems to work well if you keep it under control and flush the cache often.

Back