• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.0

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Version 1.1.5.0: 2007 07 31
- added multipass support for improved quality
- added new profiles: "Nokia 770", "Nokia E90"
"Sony PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264)"
"Sony PSP 720x480 (AVC/H264)"
"Sony Playstation 3 (AVC/H264)"
"Microsoft Zune (MP4)"
"iubi Blue"
"Archos 704 WiFi"
- updated mencoder
- device list restructured for better readability
- several minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages
! Notes regarding the high resolution PSP profiles (and Playstation 3):
- The resulting files must be placed in the \VIDEO folder on the
PSP instead of MP_ROOT\....
- Thumbnail files have the extension .JPG instead of .THM

To download version 1.1.5.0 klick here

Nice. :) I'll be testing that out later. I like the addition of the PS3 profile.

Nice. :) I'll be testing that out later. I like the addition of the PS3 profile.

Yeah, I somehow underestimated the use of that :)

Yeah, I somehow underestimated the use of that :)

Indeed. I'm quite curious what the size/quality will be on that. I have a DVD I want to do that to, so, I'll check it out in a bit. Usually I use DivX but since it's not compatible with the PS3, I may switch to AVC. I should be able to play it on my laptop regardless.

Thanks Peer, just backup a movie to my IPOD and it worked great. :bowdown:

It's slow but it works great! Thanks.

FYI - be sure you save the encode to the video file and NOT the mp_root directory or it won't work.

Last edited:
Great new features !
Especially the 2 and 3 pass possibility.

Keep up the good work on this great prog.

Last edited:
just tried the 3-pass, and it took about three times the time as is to be expected, but made a much smaller file (about 50mb smaller, came to 700mb) and the quality looks better.

strangely enough, encoding the same dvd rip that i attempted three times with 1140 and got audio out of sync every time; this time was perfectly in sync.

i'm going to see if i can make a decent looking 45min, 350mb, 640x350 xvid later, like the tv episodes you see on p2p.

Edit: I made a 44min, 330mb, 640x360 xvid with two-pass and it wasn't quite as good as the p2p-tv, but not very far off, you really had to look for blockiness to notice it. i guess a hdtv source is probably better than a dvd as well. it only took about 35-40mins to encode on my a 3gb/3ghz p4ht (running under vmware/win2003 on fedora 7 linux with 1gb ram alocated to windoze).

so i guess two-pass really has made a difference, as previously a ~440mb/hour xvid would have been unwatchable.

Last edited:
...i'm going to see if i can make a decent looking 45min, 350mb, 640x350 xvid later, like the tv episodes you see on p2p.

OK, I'll ask the N00B question. I know how to make DivX. I've read on the forum that it's done with an underlying XviD engine.

How do you make an XviD file?

OK, I'll ask the N00B question. I know how to make DivX. I've read on the forum that it's done with an underlying XviD engine.

How do you make an XviD file?

You don't make an XviD file. You make an AVI file with DivX/XviD codec.

can you make a xvid .avi with cdvdm? is it just a matter of profiles?

Archos 407wifi - CloneDVD mobile 1150

Clone DVD Mobile 1150 support Archos 407wifi but image size of 800 x 450 is not supported by this device.:(:(

can you make a xvid .avi with cdvdm? is it just a matter of profiles?

You can, but I don't see a point. Below is a profile that will generate XviD (CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.0 or higher required).
The results in quality with identical filesizes comparing DivX and XviD are just as identical - for my eyes at least.

And XviD takes considerably longer too.

Try it yourself, let us know, what you think:

[* Generic (XviD)]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
Format=avi
moac=mp3lame
movc=xvid
mopts=-lameopts br=%abrate% -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%%PASS%
FileType=avi
VTag=XVID
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

Why not make CloneDVDMobile a bit more like AutoGK. You put the size you want (700 Mb or 1.4Gb) and it will do the best job with auto resolution and set number of passes? Cheers ;)

Why not make CloneDVDMobile a bit more like AutoGK. You put the size you want (700 Mb or 1.4Gb) and it will do the best job with auto resolution and set number of passes? Cheers ;)

This is pretty much what it does, when you move the quality slider, beneath you'll see the anticipated filesize. So you can set the required size this way.

Note, that sometimes the file is way smaller than the setting, you selected.
That is simply because the source video just doesn't contain enough resolution and quality - the transcoding algorithm just can't figure out a way to make a that bad compression :)

thanks for the xvid profile. ill have to give it a go and compare to divx

i thought that as mencoder was used, you basically are creating an xvid all the time, just changing the header to divx?

are you saying a different encoding is used?

i thought that as mencoder was used, you basically are creating an xvid all the time, just changing the header to divx?

are you saying a different encoding is used?

Yes, it's a different one.
Xvid is through mencoders built-in xvid library, for Divx mencoder uses the divx codec from the libavcodec library, so there is a difference (pretty much completely different code is involved).

Back