• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flyboys_ws

Ceilidh

3) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

DVD Shrink 3.2 and AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

4) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

Flyboys_WS

5) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.

Sony DVD RW DW-G120A (current), ASUS DVD-E616P3H (current), Windows XP Home , Version 2002, w/ SP2

6) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

Sony DVD+R Ver 1.3/1x - 16x, 123 Min. 4.7G, AccuCore made in Taiwan

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

7) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

9 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

When I attempt to "Open Disk" Flyboys_WS using DVD Shrink 3.2 and AnyDVD (6.1.1.4) I get the following error message:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Invalid DVD navigation structure.

I tried an alternate fix that I used for Open Season today but no go. Does anyone have an suggestions?

(Mind you, I am a newbie but willing to learn...)

Last edited:
If you have it, or can find it, try using DVD Decrypter to rip the disk to your HD, THEN use Shrink to compress the files. I use Decrypter to rip all my disks to the HD (With AnyDVD running in the background) and have never had a failure with that combination. After it's on the HD, use Shrink to compress.

If you want a much better and faster compression program, give
Nero Recode 2 a try. It's available as a stand alone program under the title of "Nero Digital" on the Nero Web Site. Shrink and Recode 2 were written by the same programmer but Recode 2 is faster and gives you a much, much cleaner result.:D

- Bill -

If you have it, or can find it, try using DVD Decrypter to rip the disk to your HD, THEN use Shrink to compress the files. I use Decrypter to rip all my disks to the HD (With AnyDVD running in the background) and have never had a failure with that combination. After it's on the HD, use Shrink to compress.

If you want a much better and faster compression program, give
Nero Recode 2 a try. It's available as a stand alone program under the title of "Nero Digital" on the Nero Web Site. Shrink and Recode 2 were written by the same programmer but Recode 2 is faster and gives you a much, much cleaner result.:D

- Bill -

Actually, DVD Decrypter is the first one that I tried cause it worked on Open Season. It did not on Flyboys unless I am doing something wrong.

However, I did rip it ysing AnyDVD (which I have not done before) and I got as far as burning it to the blank disc. As it neared the end, I got this error:

1A23-5054-4036-9118-9731-6625

Windows XP 5.1
IA32
WinAspi: -
ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 6:35:34 PM
Nero API version: 6.6.0.15
Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 15e

Recorder: <SONY DVD RW DW-G120A> Version: MYS2 - HA 0 TA 0 - 6.6.0.15
Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 0
Drive buffer : 2048kB
Bus Type : via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 1
Drive is autodetected - recorder class: Std. MMC recorder

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
CdRomPeripheral : SONY DVD RW DW-G120A atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : ASUS DVD-E616P3H atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : ST340014AS atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
SONY DVD RW DW-G120A E: CDRom0
ASUS DVD-E616P3H F: CDRom1
=======================

AutoRun : 1
Excluded drive IDs:
WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
ShowDrvBufStat : 0
BUFE : 0
Physical memory : 759MB (777516kB)
Free physical memory: 338MB (346436kB)
Memory in use : 55 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Use Inquiry : 1
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
5:40:15 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
DVD-Video files reallocation started

5:40:15 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1189
Required file 'VTS_02_0.VOB' is not present

5:40:15 PM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
DVD-Video files reallocation failed

5:40:15 PM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 212
Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created 11/3/2005 3:00:00 AM
File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.33a, size=36528 bytes, created 8/31/2006 2:21:16 PM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

1) Please do what I quoted above.

and

2) Please do this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

Thank you

fly boys

I had no trouble with fly boys using Cone DVD and Any dvd

It looks like this might be a big all to do about nothing... After an all day affair with this, I just popped the original disc back in to get the status that was asked for and now I don't get the error message when I open the disc.

:confused: :mad: :(

I am in the process of encoding now, I will let you know if something else comes up.

Thanks for your time though, I do so appreciate it and I even learned a little something in the process.

:)

I used clonedvd2 and anydvd 6.1.1.4 and had no problem also i had no problem with open season both played great and i copied full disc with menues and special features:)

I used clonedvd2 and anydvd 6.1.1.4 and had no problem also i had no problem with open season both played great and i copied full disc with menues and special features:)
Good to hear RAMROD and welcome to the forum.:agree:

3) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

DVD Shrink 3.2 and AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

4) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

Flyboys_WS

5) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.

Sony DVD RW DW-G120A (current), ASUS DVD-E616P3H (current), Windows XP Home , Version 2002, w/ SP2

6) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

Sony DVD+R Ver 1.3/1x - 16x, 123 Min. 4.7G, AccuCore made in Taiwan

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

7) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

9 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

When I attempt to "Open Disk" Flyboys_WS using DVD Shrink 3.2 and AnyDVD (6.1.1.4) I get the following error message:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Invalid DVD navigation structure.

I tried an alternate fix that I used for Open Season today but no go. Does anyone have an suggestions?

(Mind you, I am a newbie but willing to learn...)
Download CloneDVD2 and use the 21 day free trial and see if you have success, I am sure you will.:clap:

A O K Here....

FlyBoys - DVD Shrink and Fox 6.1.0.2
Open Season- Clone 2.9.0.3 and Fox 6.1.0.2 (Movie and Short only)
Marine - Same as Flyboys

#5 Yesterday, 21:17
immytay
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2007

fly boys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no trouble with fly boys using Cone DVD and Any dvd
same here.:D

Fly Boys no problem...

I used what's in my signature, with no problems. Put it on 2 discs: Chapters 1-16 & 17-33 for 100% compression.. great flick!!

Last edited:
( 9 discrete digital channels & 4 subwoofers)::D
Impossible.
No sources have 9 discreet channels or 4 LFE channels. You may have had them matrixed into that many speakers............. :) Talk about overkill! I don't think that would even be enjoyable to listen to. Not being discreet, the fly-bys and bullets whizzing by, couldn't possible sound right, IMHO..........

I had no problems backing up Flyboys using icopydvds2 with anydvd version 6.1.1.4

I have never heard of icopydvds2? Do you use it always? Are the copies messed up or do they play always without any skipping?

I see on the site that they offer a free trial. Did you take advantage of that or did you just go and buy the program?

All you guy's that have successfully copied this film "Flyboys" have you watched the movie without any skips or freezing?

I tried using Ripit4me which opened dvd decrypter which ripped the movie only, not the entire dvd but just the movie and then it opened DVD shrink which shrunk it and then burned it using (I think) Nero. Put it into my DVD player..... skipped and froze on chapter 2. Put it into my Mac, froze same place. Tried it on the PC that ripped and copied it.... froze same place.

Getting real frustrated.

Thanks for the info.....

Last edited:

Question: Why do you use Decrypter to do the rip to your HDD? Shrink will do that.

Question: Why do you use Decrypter to do the rip to your HDD? Shrink will do that.
Because DVD Decrypter can give you move control. For instance I use DVD Decrypter with the option to remove IFO PUO but keep VOB PUO. Something AnyDVD does not do yet. Plus I like the speed DVD Decrypter brings.

Back