• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nokia 770 - Unsupported Video Resolution?

cartersfarm

I just loaded 1.1.5.0 and was excited to see the Nokia 770 option since I just got one in the last few weeks (my main device is a Zen Vision 30GB). I happily encoded at both 392x220 and 800x452 w/ the lowest bitrate knowing the overall hardware limitations of the 770.

When loaded on my memory card and opened in the 770's Movie viewer, it starts to load, then a dialog pops up which says "Video resolution not supported".

On the Maemo site where it discusses video encoding for the 770 (http://maemo.org/community/wiki/VideoEncoding), it states that it only supports screen resolutions divisible by 16 which neither of these are... If I convert my widescreen movie using the 800x480 option (no letterbox) I'd guess it will work (testing now). Is there any way to use this to do a normal conversion like I can for my Zen Vision or is the only option full screen and no wide screen movies?

Summary from Maemo site:

General Information

The native display format of maemo is 800x480 pixels. Full display area can be used in videoplayer by pressing the fullscreen button. When windowed, video is played at 600x360 pixels. Both give a 15:9 aspect ratio, not quite the 16:9 that is broadcasting standard, but close enough to look good.
Video Player limitations

The standard media player has some limitations due to the internal hardware:

* it can only decode videos where horizontal and vertical dimensions are multiples of 16.
* it cannot decode videos with high bitrates and/or high frame sizes. The limits are at about 800 kbps or 400x240 (352x288 on the Nokia 770). However, mplayer is able to play files of higher resolution, although frame rate will drop where the bitrate becomes high (during high motion scenes, for example).
* it cannot decode both a high frame rate and a high frame size so if you want to keep the natural frame rate of your video (25 or 30 fps) you have to keep the frame size at 400x240 or less (288x160 on the Nokia 770).
* audio must be at 44.1kHz or lower
* external subtitles cannot be read so they have to be written inside the video frames
* DivXs need a FOURCC of "DIVX" rather than "DX50"

To encode video that will scale nicely to the screen aspect ratio, you can use either 240x144 (slightly larger than QCIF), 352x208 (slightly smaller than CIF) or 400x240 (N800 only). Of course if your source video is in a 4:3 aspect ratio, then you should stick with CIF (352x288) or QCIF (176x144). The video player will add black bands when needed.

The demo video that comes with the N800 is encoded at 600kbps, with a frame rate of 30fps and a resolution of 400x240. To calculate the pixels per second, the equation is 400x240x30 = 2.88 Megapixels/second.

For the Nokia 770, 1.52 Megapixels/second is achievable, but again, this depends on how complex is the action.

As for the audio subsystem, mp3 at 128 kbps just works fine. You can reduce the bitrate if you want to limit the file size and if you plan to play the file with the internal speaker only.

I just loaded 1.1.5.0 and was excited to see the Nokia 770 option since I just got one in the last few weeks (my main device is a Zen Vision 30GB). I happily encoded at both 392x220 and 800x452 w/ the lowest bitrate knowing the overall hardware limitations of the 770.

When loaded on my memory card and opened in the 770's Movie viewer, it starts to load, then a dialog pops up which says "Video resolution not supported".

Sorry for that, a user kindly provided that profile, so I added it.

I made some modifications, that should help.
Please replace the corresponding entry in devices.ini with the one below and let me know... thanks :eek:

[770 (DivX)]
Manufacturer=Nokia
ScreenRatio=5:3
ResUnit=16
Res1=320x240
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=400x224
ResAna2=800x448
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=768

Thank you for the very prompt reply! No luck though... I've run widescreen video and standard video through w/ these settings and I continue to get "Video resolution not supported"... I'll also try some of the alternate players listed on the Maemo site link (http://maemo.org/community/wiki/VideoEncoding), I don't know if you looked at the whole page, but they have instructions for using Mencoder with successful outcomes on the 770... Another thought - if you notice on the page, they list several encoders for video on the 770, you may want to add CloneDVD to the list once we get it working...

Manual conversion instructions
Mencoder

The tool I use to encode video is mencoder that comes with mplayer on Linux. Always start with the cleanest video you can, and make sure it has good A/V sync before you start by watching it on a PC. Make sure the original has a frame rate greater than or equal to the one you are trying to generate. Here is an example mencoder shell script:

#!/bin/bash

FILE="My video.xvid-lol.avi" # source file
SUB="My video.xvid-lol.FR.srt" # subtitles
OUT=MyVideo.avi # target file
RES=288:160 # resolution
ABR=96 # audio bitrate
VBR=500 # video bitrate

rm divx2pass.log 2>/dev/null

nice -n 19 \
mencoder "$FILE" \
- o "$OUT" \
- sub "$SUB" \
- subfont-text-scale 4 -subcp latin1 \
- oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=$ABR \
- ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:autoaspect:vbitrate=$VBR:vpass=1:turbo \
- vf scale=$RES \
- ffourcc DIVX \
- idx

nice -n 19 \
mencoder "$FILE" \
- o "$OUT" \
- sub "$SUB" \
- subfont-text-scale 4 -subcp latin1 \
- oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=$ABR \
- ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:autoaspect:vbitrate=$VBR:vpass=2 \
- vf scale=$RES \
- ffourcc DIVX \
- idx

Thank you for the very prompt reply! No luck though...

Ok, thanks for the info, I have some additional modifications here, that you can try.
You can select (using 16:9 content) the 288x160 resolution, which is what the example shows. If that doesn't work either, I can only suggest, you play around with the values yourself a little, because I don't have that 770 for testing.
If all fails, we'll eventually have to remove that profile again. :(

[770 (DivX)]
Manufacturer=Nokia
ScreenRatio=5:3
ResUnit=16
Res1=288x216
Res2=320x240
Res3=640x480
ResAna1=288x160
ResAna2=400x224
ResAna3=800x448
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=96
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=768

Ok, thanks for the info, I have some additional modifications here, that you can try.
You can select (using 16:9 content) the 288x160 resolution, which is what the example shows. If that doesn't work either, I can only suggest, you play around with the values yourself a little, because I don't have that 770 for testing.
If all fails, we'll eventually have to remove that profile again. :(

Since there is no reply, I suppose, that profile didn't work either?
I'm releasing 1.1.5.2 now and will remove that Nokia 770 profile for now, until I have a clear indication, that something's working.

Whoever has a chance to test the 770, please let me know the results. Thanks! :)

Sorry for the delay, when I used these new parameters I got the following error detail output:

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -ffourcc DIVX -af volume=10 -aspect 4:3 -of lavf -lavfopts format=avi -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame:vbitrate=241:abitrate=96 -vf pp=fd,scale=360:270,crop=368:224:-4:23,harddup -info name="ANIMANIACS_VOLUME_3_DISC_2" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "V:\Family Videos\Nokia\Animaniacs 3.avi" 232 TCE

Encoder output:

The x option must be >= -1: -4
Option vf: Error while parsing crop parameter x (-4)

NOKIA N800 settings for CloneDVD Mobile

Hello all,

I am looking for NOKIA N800 settings for CloneDVD Mobile to get videos to this device in a one step process.

At the moment I am using a two-step process that is described here:
http://www.onemoretourist.com/2007/04/19/n800-video-conversion/

It combines CloneDVD Mobile and Media Converter.
The later being a java app to convert videos for the NOKIA Internet Tablets (N770/N800).
http://mediaconverter.garage.maemo.org/Media Converter.html

I am (perfectly) sure that CloneDVD Mobile is up to create excellent videos for my NOKIA N800 in a one-step process.

But how? :confused:

Please help.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards,
-Adrian

Support for Nokia N770/N800/N810

Like the previous poster, I would like to see conversion support added for the Nokia N770/N800/N810 Internet tablets. :bowdown: Version 1.1.5.4 already has great support fot other Nokia products.

Of course, I'd be happy to manually configure CloneDVD Mobile to produce videos for the N800 in one step. Please post any directions that work in this thread. Also, I would be happy to help debug any such instructions.

Thanks in advance! :D

Back