• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cant backup 300

wicked

i am having problems backing up the movie 300. its starts and when it gets to 4% its stops and gives me an error message saying file not found "fileIO 4vts_01_1.vob 265162752 751616"

i am having problems backing up the movie 300. its starts and when it gets to 4% its stops and gives me an error message saying file not found "fileIO 4vts_01_1.vob 265162752 751616"

1. Do step 8 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

2. Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

this is what is in the status for anydvd

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.7)
SONY DVD RW DW-D22A BFS1 DEC14 ,2004
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1820848 sectors (3556 MBytes)
Total size: 3641684 sectors (7112 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 300
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

There is so little protection on this disc that dvdshrink could handle it by itself.

nero dvd cd speed says the disk is good and dvd shrink cant even get past 2% before it gives me an error.

I had no problems at all with 300 in the same region. Ill bet you have a bad disc, go and get it exchanged. :agree:

300 - R1 Widescreen

nero dvd cd speed says the disk is good and dvd shrink cant even get past 2% before it gives me an error.

There is nothing unusual on this dvd - no junk, corrupt sectors, phony files, etc.
Your disc is most likely defective. Suggest you get it replaced.

There is nothing unusual on this dvd - no junk, corrupt sectors, phony files, etc.
Your disc is most likely defective.

Unfortunately, nero cd-dvd speed is not reporting read errors at all, according to the OP, which would help to confirm a bad original disk (although I don't rule out that possibility).

Examining filters and possibly the new Anydvd update (when it's made available) may address the OP's issue as well.

Back