• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Look to the Sky" not starting

Nox

There is a problem with "Look to the Sky". The DVD does not start.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.6)
SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612 DYS3
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2065317 sectors (4033 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Look to the Sky
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

In the computer using PowerDVD.

"Not starting" is perhaps not precise. PowerDVD does not even load the DVD.

Does Powerdvd play the disc with Anydvd disabled?

I do note that the region of the disc does not match the region of your drive. Is your version of Powerdvd set to play NTSC (instead of PAL)?
I'm not overly familiar with Powerdvd.

Is this a backup or an original DVD?

Original

Does Powerdvd play the disc with Anydvd disabled?

I do note that the region of the disc does not match the region of your drive. Is your version of Powerdvd set to play NTSC (instead of PAL)?
I'm not overly familiar with Powerdvd.

I frequently use region 1 DVDs and never had a problem like this. It looks like PowerDVD cannot be set to PAL or NTSC.

Without AnyDVD the DVD could certainly not be played because of the wrong region.

UPDATE:

I have disabled AnyDVD and activated DVDIdle Pro instead. This program causes PowerDVD to ignore the region code (but does not do anything else). Now the DVD is playing!

Original

I frequently use region 1 DVDs and never had a problem like this. It looks like PowerDVD cannot be set to PAL or NTSC.

Without AnyDVD the DVD could certainly not be played because of the wrong region.

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.7

2. a) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "Default" button. Navigate to "Video DVD"-->settings-->Default region

b) Select "1 United States Canada" from the dropdown list.

c) click "ok"

d) update powerdvd and try again

3. If step 1 and 2 don't work you may want to try matching your drive's region code to match the region of the disc.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

And if those steps don't work, then it would seem to me this issue may lie with some language/regional settings on your computer or simply with Powerdvd.

UPDATE:

I have disabled AnyDVD and activated DVDIdle Pro instead. This program causes PowerDVD to ignore the region code (but does not do anything else). Now the DVD is playing!

Dvdidle tends to conflict with Anydvd and should be uninstalled (dvdidle is also basically abandonware and can't handle newer protections).

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.7

2. a) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "Default" button. Navigate to "Video DVD"-->settings-->Default region

b) Select "1 United States Canada" from the dropdown list.

c) click "ok"

d) update powerdvd and try again

3. If step 1 and 2 don't work you may want to try matching your drive's region code to match the region of the disc.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

And if those steps don't work, then it would seem to me this issue may lie with some language/regional settings on your computer or simply with Powerdvd.

Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.7 did not help.
AnyDVD was already set to 1 United States Canada (Don't know why, I thought it doesn't matter.)

As I wrote, this problem is unique. I often use region 1/NTSC DVDs.

Whatever, the DVD is now playing - without AnyDVD.

:)

Thanks

Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.7 did not help.
AnyDVD was already set to 1 United States Canada (Don't know why, I thought it doesn't matter.)

As I wrote, this problem is unique. I often use region 1/NTSC DVDs.

Whatever, the DVD is now playing - without AnyDVD.

:)

Thanks

Hmm . . . It could very well be a conflict with dvdidle then, which has been known to conflict with Anydvd when they are both installed on the same system.

I don't normally activate DVDIdle, I only did it for this case as a try, and it worked (unexpectedly).

Even if dvdidle is not running, if it's installed on the same system with Anydvd that situation can cause issues.

Even if dvdidle is not running, if it's installed on the same system with Anydvd that situation can cause issues.

You are probably right, but this was the first issue after about 80 region 1 DVDs and at least 400 region 2 DVDs.

Interesting original. No CSS, no auto run and single layer. Hmmmm.

Back