• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can you create an ISO for HD-DVD file rip

jpdevwiz

I have AnyDVD HD. I ripped a disk to my filesystem. I was able to watch the file system based disk via CyberLink Ultra. Can I taked the ripped file system and convert to an ISO? Can I clean off the menu junk so it just starts playing?

I am not that familar with the HD-DVD file structure or organization.

JP

Shrink won't work with HD formats. You can use CloneCD to create an ISO.

Man, it'd be really nice if we could then mount that ISO, in, say, oh I don't know, a Slysoft product, perhaps? :D (Sorry, James, I know you're busy and I'm just teasing. :))

you cant mount isos in virtual clone drive?????

Yes, you can, but, I don't believe Virtual CloneDrive has been updated to handle HD DVD and BluRay yet. I've not tried mounting them myself, but, I know Slysoft was working on a few updates for Virtual CloneDrive and I thought official support for HD DVD and BluRay was on the list. I'm just giving James a hard time for reasons he'll understand, so, pay no attention to me. :)

Why don't you just click on the evo file or access it via media file on Ultra? It just plays the movie.

I use nero to make the iso of bluray movies. The same process would work for HD movies. If I were you, I would just make a shortcut to the XPL file and it will play by double clicking that shortcut. It only makes sense to makes iso's for bluray's I think.

To play ISO's, I'm using Daemon Tools Pro edition. It allows to right click the ISO and load which then Pdvd plays fine with no problems.

Why does it make sense with Blu Ray movies?

Won't Nero mount iso with its image drive, and then use PowerDVD?

Yes, you can, but, I don't believe Virtual CloneDrive has been updated to handle HD DVD and BluRay yet. I've not tried mounting them myself, but, I know Slysoft was working on a few updates for Virtual CloneDrive and I thought official support for HD DVD and BluRay was on the list. I'm just giving James a hard time for reasons he'll understand, so, pay no attention to me. :)

Huh?

Just make ISO with imgburn (www.imgburn.com) as UDF-only, and mount it w/Daemon Tools.

I have all my HD DVDs as .ISOs and with FastMount I double click on the ISO file, it is loaded and PDVD starts to play it.

As simple as that.

Huh?

Just make ISO with imgburn (www.imgburn.com) as UDF-only, and mount it w/Daemon Tools.

I have all my HD DVDs as .ISOs and with FastMount I double click on the ISO file, it is loaded and PDVD starts to play it.

As simple as that.

Right, DAEMON TOOLS, *NOT* Virtual CloneDrive. Hence where your confusion lies about my response.

Why do you need Virtual CloneDrive and what does it have that D-Tools don't have?

Why do I need Virtual CloneDrive...well, I happen to prefer it over Daemon Tools. It's free from a company I respect. Daemon Tools is ok I guess. It's just not what I prefer to use.

Why do I need Virtual CloneDrive...well, I happen to prefer it over Daemon Tools. It's free from a company I respect. Daemon Tools is ok I guess. It's just not what I prefer to use.

I see.

I am so used to D-Tools, I haven't even installed Virtual CloneDrive anywhere on my 11 systems.

I see.

I am so used to D-Tools, I haven't even installed Virtual CloneDrive anywhere on my 11 systems.

And that's completely fine. I just like VCD as I've been using it for years. It just hasn't been updated to handle HD DVD and BluRay images...yet. James keeps threatening to do so, so, I'll wait. Daemon Tools, at least this is how I remember it, used to be a cat and mouse game. Because it emulates copy protections, it becomes targeted. And so there are times when you get into a situation where a particular game won't run because it detects the presence of Daemon. Now they've gone through great lengths to hide it from games and such, but, there's always that chance. Does Daemon support Vista at this point?

Does Daemon support Vista at this point?

It does, they have a "special" for Vista build, I've tested it lightly and it worked for me.

But since I gave up on Vista and use XP exclusively now, I just use D_Tools 3.47 and it never failed me. In combination with FastMount it is excellent.

It does, they have a "special" for Vista build, I've tested it lightly and it worked for me.

But since I gave up on Vista and use XP exclusively now, I just use D_Tools 3.47 and it never failed me. In combination with FastMount it is excellent.

Well, I just uninstalled VCD and put Daemon 4.09.01 on here. I'll give it a shot. I'm curious to see if it fixes an issue I had with VCD that I haven't reported to James yet. (Hi, James! I wanted to test the issue more before reporting it, so, we'll see if indeed it's a problem with VCD or another issue). I should know soon. At least now I can mount HD DVD and BluRay images and play them. That's pretty sweet.

Back