• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

initialise_dynamic()failed!

mikegagler

The title says it all - I dutifully upgraded to version 6.1.6.6, and now my registered version of AnyDVD will not work. Any suggestions? I even did a complete reinstall.

Thanks-

Bill

initialise_dynamic() failed!

I upgraded AnyDVD from Ver 6.1.6.5 to Ver 6.1.6.6 and the newly installed Ver 6.1.6.6 won't start; instead, attempting to start AnyDVD Ver 6.1.6.6 generates the following error message: "initialize_dynamic() failed!" in a "Any DVD" dialog box.

I have used System Restore to restore my system to Version 6.1.6.5 for the time being.

Please note that I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? What O/S? What services?

It has been noted that slysoft knows of this. I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Same thing happen to me....upgraded from 6.1.6.5 to 6.1.6.6 and am getting this error on startup. Cannot even run the application manually.

Whilst in a bitchy mood, why doesnt Slysoft have previous versions on their website for people that need to revert backwards? I normally keep the .exe from previous versions, however. I was fortunate to locate an older version on softpedia.

A link to previous versions would be appreciated slysoft.

You can run the app manually by right clicking the desktop icon and 'Run As Administrator' until the fix for this bug is released. Otherwise, if you still have the last version, reinstall that or use system restore to go back just before you upgraded.

Same thing happen to me....upgraded from 6.1.6.5 to 6.1.6.6 and am getting this error on startup. Cannot even run the application manually.

Whilst in a bitchy mood, why doesnt Slysoft have previous versions on their website for people that need to revert backwards? I normally keep the .exe from previous versions, however. I was fortunate to locate an older version on softpedia.

A link to previous versions would be appreciated slysoft.

not only I got the "initialize_dynamic0 failed" while starting AnyDVD, my Clone DVD new update failed to start too:confused:

FIX initialise_dynamic()failed!

Run a program as administrator from the Search box
As you probably know, you can use the new Search box in the Windows Vista Start Menu the same way you used the Run command in Windows XP (plus, it does a whole lot more). To run a program as an administrator from the Search box, type the command (such as CMD for the command prompt) and then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Run a program as administrator from the graphical interface
You can also run a program as administrator right from a program icon. Instead of double-clicking the program icon to launch it, right-click the icon and choose Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.

Set a program to always run as administrator
If you have a program that you run frequently, you can set the program to always run as administrator. To do this, use the following steps:

Right-click the program icon and click Properties.
On the Property sheet, click the Compatibility tab.
Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

Bonus Tip: If you work in the command prompt a lot, right-click the Command Prompt shortcut on your Start menu and click Properties. On the property sheet, click Advanced. In the Advanced Properties dialog box that opens, click Run As Administrator. When you use the shortcut to open the command prompt, UAC will prompt you for administrative priveleges.

Thanks peer.

Run a program as administrator from the Search box
As you probably know, you can use the new Search box in the Windows Vista Start Menu the same way you used the Run command in Windows XP (plus, it does a whole lot more). To run a program as an administrator from the Search box, type the command (such as CMD for the command prompt) and then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Run a program as administrator from the graphical interface
You can also run a program as administrator right from a program icon. Instead of double-clicking the program icon to launch it, right-click the icon and choose Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.

Set a program to always run as administrator
If you have a program that you run frequently, you can set the program to always run as administrator. To do this, use the following steps:

Right-click the program icon and click Properties.
On the Property sheet, click the Compatibility tab.
Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

Bonus Tip: If you work in the command prompt a lot, right-click the Command Prompt shortcut on your Start menu and click Properties. On the property sheet, click Advanced. In the Advanced Properties dialog box that opens, click Run As Administrator. When you use the shortcut to open the command prompt, UAC will prompt you for administrative priveleges.

I'd rather not change the running of the app as I have it set as I like it. Slysoft will be fixing this soon. Hope for the same on CloneDVD2 as well.

Thanks peer.

I'd rather not change the running of the app as I have it set as I like it. Slysoft will be fixing this soon. Hope for the same on CloneDVD2 as well.

Done. ;)

Thanks James for all of your hard work. Everyone update to version 6.1.6.7 and no more errors.

Back