• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v6.1.6.6 fails to start

I only log on to my pc as the administrator...all 3 programs run fine if I chose to run them as an administrator; that's AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD. They will continue to able to be restarted and used without any problems until I reboot. Then I again have to choose to run each program individually as an adminstrator.

Well, did a couple of back ups and then did a reboot and it gave me the error again. Just want to keep the info current to issues...

Are all of you installing this as Administrator? Please do that.:agree:

I'm not sure how to do that. I right click on SetupAnyDVD6166.EXE, select run as administrator, then install, but I still get the error mesage.

I would prefer not to escalate the exe to run as admin for three main reasons ..

1. I have never had to do this until now with any previous version
2. I do not like having apps running with all privileges as admin.
3. Running as admin stops the it loading at boot until I click on the dialogue box and then allow it, a little obtrusive to me.

I hope this gets sorted quickly :)

same here

Fails to initialise error. Changed in Administrator area clicking on properties. Have Vista Ultimate. When I restart now get a message that says some programs have been blocked from starting up. One of them is anydvd. It only gives me an option to remove or disable, but not enable. If I ask it to run, it runs okay but a nuisance to have to do this everytime computer restarts. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still same problem and have done a system restore back to previous model which works ok.

Fails to initialise error. Changed in Administrator area clicking on properties. Have Vista Ultimate. When I restart now get a message that says some programs have been blocked from starting up. One of them is anydvd. It only gives me an option to remove or disable, but not enable. If I ask it to run, it runs okay but a nuisance to have to do this everytime computer restarts. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still same problem and have done a system restore back to previous model which works ok.

I did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit and get initialized_dynamic()Failed. This is the only thing I installed after a clean install well besides windows updates. So I am glad I am not alone now If I click on the icon that's on the desktop I get the same error and this didn't happen with the previous version 6.6.1.5.

This must be a Vista thing because I am getting no errors or problems with XP PRO. I am sure James will look into this.:agree: I would advise everyone to stop trying to fix this on their own, Slysoft will fix this ASAP, I am sure of it.

James is aware of this and is working on it as we speak. Please be patient.:agree:

Thank you I did a clean install of Vista to be sure it wasn't me.

Are all of you installing this as Administrator? Please do that.:agree:

Yes I tried.

Vista is such a wonderful OS. I wonder why more people haven't bought it? :D

Upgrade to 6.1.6.6

Please Help,

I have uninstalled anydvd and reinstalled the new version. I still receive the "failed dynamic error." My computer is new so cleaning the registry is not an option. Could the staff of slysoft please post a link to download the previous version of anydvd. I have a lot of projects that I need to do.

Thanks for your time.

Windows XP Media Edition also affected

The issue with v 6.1.6.6 is also affecting Windows XP Media Edition. It has corrupted my AnyDVD installation. During the upgrade process, there is an error stating that a file could not be written to. In addition, I also tried to update my CloneDVD to 2.9.1.0 (from 2.9.0.9). That too is now corrupted. I just wanted to throw my two cents in to about the Windows XP vs Windows Vista. Thanks.

Vista is such a wonderful OS. I wonder why more people haven't bought it? :D

This is just this update issue as the last recent version was just fine. I am Vistfied. :D

Please Help,

I have uninstalled anydvd and reinstalled the new version. I still receive the "failed dynamic error." My computer is new so cleaning the registry is not an option. Could the staff of slysoft please post a link to download the previous version of anydvd. I have a lot of projects that I need to do.

Thanks for your time.

They know about this and are working on a speedy update from what Slyfox_1 has stated.

I have the same problem

I also get a "initialise dynamic failed" message when I restart my system after downloading the new version. I have emailed technical support

Eeek ... Just been catching up, I am also getting the failed to init ElbyCDIO! error on CloneDVD, never even thought to check that even though they were both updated today :(

fail to start

yup, was working great, downloaded the new version and it will not initialize, i use vista 32, i figure they will get a fix pretty quick.......sometimes it will work for a time if you reinstall........but it acted funny and did not recognize my freestanding plextor. never have seen a better co. than these folks. they are right on.

FIX initialise_dynamic()failed!

Run a program as administrator from the Search box
As you probably know, you can use the new Search box in the Windows Vista Start Menu the same way you used the Run command in Windows XP (plus, it does a whole lot more). To run a program as an administrator from the Search box, type the command (such as CMD for the command prompt) and then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Run a program as administrator from the graphical interface
You can also run a program as administrator right from a program icon. Instead of double-clicking the program icon to launch it, right-click the icon and choose Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.

Set a program to always run as administrator
If you have a program that you run frequently, you can set the program to always run as administrator. To do this, use the following steps:

Right-click the program icon and click Properties.
On the Property sheet, click the Compatibility tab.
Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

Bonus Tip: If you work in the command prompt a lot, right-click the Command Prompt shortcut on your Start menu and click Properties. On the property sheet, click Advanced. In the Advanced Properties dialog box that opens, click Run As Administrator. When you use the shortcut to open the command prompt, UAC will prompt you for administrative priveleges.

I know vista inside and out now and none of that will work as I tried, I wouldn't of posted it fails if I got it to work.

Yep! I suggest everyone wait for the update. Might be the installshield set up is not set for vista compatibility as was the last version, 6.1.6.5.

When installed, the app (tray app) tries to load as system and not the logged in user so we get the 'initialise_dynamic() failed!' error.

Installing the app as administrator won't do the trick as the app's elevated priveleges requires UAC intervention and will fail to load on start up. A temp fix would be to stop it from loading by disabling in Defender and then launching the app manually. But take SlyFox's advice, wait for the fix!!! I sure will, I love this program!!! It's worth the wait :agree:

James is aware of this and is working on it as we speak. Please be patient.:agree:

I have just tried te new version and on XP SP2 it loads fine. On 2003 Server I get the following error at boot:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ElbyCDIO

The ElbyCDIO from CloneDVD just loads fine.

So it is not an vista only problem

I Suggest

For the People of America who want a more stable back-up utility software USE DVDFAB for right now and shrink again its flawless!!!:D

Back