• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing Ripped HD-DVDs on XBOX 360

jdohn2002

Is there any way to play ripped hd-dvds on my XBOX 360. I have the Elite 360 with the 120Gig HDD. I could fit a few on there if possible.

as far as I'm aware you can't play them from the internal drive. You can put them onto DVD's and play from those apparently

Too bad, I was also wondering if there was a way to do this....

Rip them to your PC, then use a DVI-HDMI cable to play them back on your HDTV. Plus you can hold more movies on your PC then you could on your 360.

I was looking to use my 360 as a way to take HD-DVD movies with me on trips or to a friends house without bring discs.

You could try an external hard drive. rip them to there. that way you could bring it with you.

You cant play the HD-DVD files but you can use it for other file playback.

as far as I'm aware you can't play them from the internal drive. You can put them onto DVD's and play from those apparently

The internal drive wont play HD DVDs on standard DVDs (mine dont) but will from the HD DVD Drive (mine does)

How do you play them back from the external hd?

You cannot do this the 360 only supports fat32 filesystem that is restricted to 4GB< since the EVO files alone are >8GB this is not feasable

the best way you can do this is to convert them to WMV-HD

You cannot do this the 360 only supports fat32 filesystem that is restricted to 4GB< since the EVO files alone are >8GB this is not feasable

the best way you can do this is to convert them to WMV-HD

Do you know a good way to convert them to WMV-HD? or point me in the right direction to get me started :)

For xbox 360 play back

Format your external hard drive to hfs+ by using MacDrive 7 (and higher versions). You can store unlimited file sizes. Yes, the files wmv, wmv(hd), wma, etc. I watch wmvHD movies everyday. Fish around for em on binsearch.info and newzleech.com

hehe

I havent figured out how to play back evo files from the external yet but there has to be a way.

Back