• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

gpl source code violation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too slow. I think Olli is still workign at Elby, but he just stopped posting in public forums.

I can remember that he a few years on the Smokers board reported which one apparent set him very roughly before the door, since CloneCD was sold and they don´t used him. Then he wants to emigrate into the south of Germany(Bayern).
But much-calibrated ELBY availed itself again Ollis expensive services.
I wish it to him.

DVDFab? What is it? A bird, a country, food?:D:D No, it is a program written by a company using gpl without showing it in their license.:mad::mad:

Last edited:
DVDFab? What is it? A bird, a country, food?:D:D No, it is a program written by a company using lgpl source code without showing it in their license.:mad::mad:
make that gpl.

So what did @Korn mean with his statement?

Very simple: Fengtao is a "software thief" and gives a sh*t about open source licenses.

EDIT: I am not Korn, but I guess that's what he meant. :)

Last edited:
Any proof? Where is he stealing from?

Last edited:
Such behavior is not acceptable. I wanted to express that with it.

Very simple: Fengtao is a "software thief" and gives a sh*t about open source licenses.

Right, that's why I will never buy any products from Fengtao.
I strongly recommend to buy SlySoft products.

Last edited:
EDIT: I am not Korn, but I guess that's what he meant.
No, I don't think either you are playing in a Metal Band.:D
Sorry just kidding.

libavcodec, libavformat, xvid for example.
Ahh, okay. Thanks.

/OT
I know.
But I think the new song "Evolution" isn't as good as the old ones? Is it Joey Jordison playing the drums in the clip?
/OT

A long thread. I am too lazy to read it. Please, summarize the content of the thread in 1 or 2 sentences.:D

(1) DVDFab violates the GPL
(2) VSO software (ie ConvertXToDVD) violates the GPL
(3) Slysoft doesn't steal code from the public domain or use GPL/OSS code

...and to keep this thread on-topic...

I haven't, personally, experienced this pixalation (sp) problem but I'm glad to see it's been resolved because I've read about it for awhile. Good work, Elby!

Last edited:
I've only got a Region1 keyboard to type on :D ... but I agree! ... I think. Go Slysoft! Go Elby! Go Olli! Go James!

BTW, where (in development) is our "new, and easier to use" splitting interface which might also include my suggestion of adding a little "Please Insert Disk 2" message-screen-SS/Elby logo at the end of split disk1 ? I feel that the market "share" for compression of DL originals to SL media is (albeit slowly) dropping with the cheap prices available on good quality SL media (for splitting) and DL media ... why loose 100% quality to save a few cents(?). ... so I feel that upgrading the splitting features and interface of CloneDVD would be beneficial & welcome to many of us. ... CloneCD is still my perfect, #1 choice for backing up my favorite DL movies to DL media.

Thank you Elby & Olli, Thank you James,
Whisperer
I agree with everything you said. I asked for the "insert disc 2" feature months ago on the wish list thread. Hopefully that will be included soon, doesn't seem like it should be too difficult. Not complaining mind you, I love CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD, I just don't understand those that put it down. I've use most of the others and I still use this pair 98% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back