• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Drives Detected by AnyDVD

Joe_Shmoe

I've been using AnyDVD for awhile, and haven't had problems until the other day. My computer froze during a backup of a movie and I had to hard restart. Since then, AnyDVD will not see my DVD drives. I've uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times.

I've experienced problems with Daemon Tools and AnyDVD being installed at the same time. I thought I had unintsalled Daemon Tools before the backup, but had not. When I restarted my computer, Daemon Tools was on Startup and loaded. Since then, I've had my problems.

I've tried the whole FAQ thing. I've changed the bus drivers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drives. I've physically disconnected and reconnected. I don't know what else to do.

Here are my filters:

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.3.3
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: PxHelp20
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.2.62.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Boot
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 7

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

They are working on a fix I think. It is an error in the new version. Tons of people having it. Reboot with the disk in the drive for now. Thats the only way to fix it until new version. Thanks

They are working on a fix I think. It is an error in the new version. Tons of people having it. Reboot with the disk in the drive for now. Thats the only way to fix it until new version. Thanks
Hi, I am trying to replicate this problem now. You say " Tons of people are having this problem," I can only find one other thread in 3 forums where something simliar to this is being reported. I would like more information. This way maybe we can narrow down the problem.:confused:

Rebooting with the disk in the drive does not solve the problem. I've tried the whole list at http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6138. When I start AnyDVD I get the "No DVD Drives detected" error that pops-up.

Try deleting any Virual Drives you might have installed. Just a guess.:agree:

I reinstalled Daemon Tools to make sure I had disabled my virtual drives. I had. I uninstalled Daemon Tools and reinstalled AnyDVD. I thought earlier it might also be a problem with my thumbdrive, but that wasn't the case.

There's one sure fire way to fix your problem. When was the last time you did a clean install of you OS? I would suggest slicking your drive and starting from scratch. A bit time consuming this may be. However, in the long run worth it.

Good luck...

:bowdown::bowdown:WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown::bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem, I have bought and paid for the following:
AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile.

I reformatted my machine and changed the drive letters, so my DVD drive is now B:, Hard Drives are C: through F:

When I install AnyDVD I get the same message as you guys - No Drive Detected!

Can anyone help?

Hi there,

I reformatted my machine and changed the drive letters, so my DVD drive is now B:, Hard Drives are C: through F:

Can anyone help?

Are you sure your DVD is the B: drive? That is quite possibly why it isn't detected.

Yeh, this came up before. There was some confusion about how a DVD drive could be hardware setup to be a B drive since floppy controller cable connections can't be plugged into a DVD drive.

I think the resolution was that, when it became clear that the user was really only changing the DVD drive label in Windows Drive Management setup to readout as "A" (in for instance My Computer or Windows Explorer), it was determined that some, but not all softwares will not accept a CD or DVD media drive to be labeled "higher" than a hard disk drive (ie higher than C). Windows reserves A and B designations to be floppy drives and some Windows compliant software won't recognize a DVD drive even if it is only "labeled" as A or B.

Traditionally, HDD labeling is C-Z. The CD and DVD drives get labeled a letter that comes after the last HDD or HDD partition.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Yup, that worked - changed the drive letter to O and it immediately picked it up... :bowdown:

Just got to work out how often I am going to have to change the drive letter to use games etc, might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling :doh:

Hi there,

Can anyone help?
CloneCD, CloneDVD and AnyDVD only see optical drives, if their drive letter is equal or above D.

Back