• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

External USB Hard Drive

psgolfer

Hi All,

Been reading some posts on external drives and this is what I was looking to do and the product I am looking at:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm looking at buying a 500GB external Hard Drive to back up and catolog my Blu Ray movies?

Also, if anyone might might know, could the drive be taken to a friends house who has an HTPC or PS3 and watch a movie there also without having to bring my original disk?

Here are the specs for the drive I am considering:

Mfr. Part Number: 301103U
Average Seek Time 11ms
Data Buffer 8MB
Included In Box AC Adapter, Hi-Speed USB Cable, Software
Interface High-Speed USB 2.0 (USB 1.1 Compatible)
Internal or External External
Maximum Data Transfer Rate 480Mbps
PC/Mac PC/Mac
Product Dimensions 11.2(W) x 3.5(H) x 18.8(D) cm
Product Weight 0.95 kg
Rotations Per Minute (RPM) 7200RPM
Software Included Yes
Storage Capacity 500GB
System Requirements PC Or Mac with Built-In USB Interface
Type of Media External Hard Drive

As far as I'm aware the PS3 won't play the blu-ray structure from a harddrive

it doesn't support ntfs so makes it difficult to put a file larger than 4gb onto the drive

it doesn't support ntfs so makes it difficult to put a file larger than 4gb onto the drive

Don't want to sound ignorant (just new) but are you referring to the ps3 not supporting ntfs or the external hdd?

Back