• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Expendables 3

BTW: the playlist shown by AnyDVD does not come from the OPD, it is purely revealed by AnyDVD's algorithm.

Are you really 100% for sure about this???

Some quotes from "Peer" when we went through all of this with "Draft Day":

No, PowerDVD never "figures out" anything.
PowerDVD - like any other player - runs the Java code on the disc (that's the miraculous stuff you're watching PowerDVD do: it simply copies the JAR files to HDD for better performance). That Java code - belonging to the disc - does the "picking" of playlists. Notably only with help of the viewer with the remote control in hand selecting "play movie".

PowerDVD does nothing smart at all here - also nothing secret, that a PDVD sw engineer could reveal.
It just executes the code on the disc and leans back, waiting to be told which playlists to play.

And no: it's not a trivial thing to automate this (e.g. take the viewer with the remote out of the picture) in order to determine which playlist is the correct one.

There is no such thing as a link, that's not a HTTP page.
A Menu is a piece of movie being played back in the background, a number of images drawn on top - some are buttons, some are fancy decoration. When you press an arrow button on the remote, some event gets triggered, a whole lot of stuff happens, some other images get loaded from disc, displayed, ...
Then when you press "Ok" on the remote, again an event fires, some variables get checked and according to those other values in databases get looked up and eventually some other variable holds the number of the playlist.

Even if you were to emulate all that - how in the world would you know, which one of those "pictures" held the text "play movie" in one of 500 different possible languages and several million different font color/shape combinations (OCR?) and how would you know that a certain combination of arrow keys highlighted it (all it did was change a bit, as did others by "unhighlighting").

Every single licensed Blu-ray disc player plays the correct playlist.
Just the "stopgap" ones (VLC, XMBC, mplayer, etc...), that aren't able to execute BD-J code need to guess and then play that guessed playlist.
Those aren't real BD players.

After me and everybody else read this, we figured out that SlySoft was hard coding the good playlists according to the disc detected. If the algorithm is used, and is supposed to work once the JAVA code is correctly hacked, then why does "Divergent" still show one-million-and-one "correct" playlists?????????

I'm with Jim6592 on this one. My money is still on "hard coding."

az_raiden

I think Peer was just explaining how difficult it would be to mimic players like PowerDVD without user interaction (a lot of users were asking why AnyDVD couldn't just be like PowerDVD)

AnyDVD definitely has listed good playlists in the past without playlist info from the OPD. Getting playlist info from the OPD was added later when AnyDVD struggled to narrow it down on some discs.

Most likely the AnyDVD algorithm has been updated/improved recently and can now handle more discs without help from the OPD.

Not sure about "Divergent" but I've never seen AnyDVD list many more than 25 or so good playlists, which when you think that most discs have 150+ fake playlists, then AnyDVD must be attempting something to narrow it down 80%.

Obviously in these cases the algorithm is not effective enough, so Slysoft would most likely add the information to the OPD, while they continue to improve/tweak the algorithm.

If you think its hard coded block anydvdhd from the net. Then youll get your answer to this online data base idea. Ponder this...

To log or not to log?. That is the question...lol

Last edited:
Playlist roulette = Algorithm guessing + hard coded override (OPD)

I think SlySoft could help the forum out by stating something like this in a sticky:

"Blu-ray playlist info is derived from AnyDVD's advanced playlist detection algorithm; and in cases where playlist scrambling is involved, AnyDVD queries the online playlist database (OPD) for known good ones. All users experiencing playlist problems should submit a log file of the original disc along with a brief description of the problem."

az_raiden

Last edited:
Playlist roulette = Algorithm guessing + hard coding override (OPD)

I think SlySoft could help the forum out by stating something like this in a sticky:

"Blu-ray playlist info is derived from AnyDVD's advanced playlist detection algorithm; and in cases where playlist scrambling is involved, AnyDVD queries the online playlist database (OPD) for known good ones. All users experiencing playlist problems should submit a log file of the original disc along with a brief description of the problem."

az_raiden

When I was talking about hard coding, I was implying that The software goes to the internet and selects from a hardcoded list! The reply's above would infer that an algorithm tries to find a playlist before it goes to a internet hardcode list.
I have used another program that only goes to the internet for the playlist. They (the others) don't seem to have anyone actually working, because they rarely post or reply on their own forum. That is why I took a chance switched software. I also purchase another vendors software before I came here. I am willing to pay to get the best, and from what I have seen AnyDVD HD is the best. At least they have developers who are working on the product. For the most part this software has been useable for my needs. I hope they don't make it so idiot proof that it loses it's flexability.

I think AnyDVD might be:

#1 Querying the OPD first,

#2 and if it finds nothing listed (no hard coded override), then it uses its algorithm to "guess."

az_raiden

I think AnyDVD might be:

#1 Querying the OPD first,

#2 and if it finds nothing listed (no hard coded override), then it uses its algorithm to "guess."

az_raiden

Precisely.
Most Screenpass discs are handled by AnyDVD autonomously.
Only a few through the OPD, either because AnyDVD would get something wrong or just to speed up processing.

I'm having an issue with Expendables 3. It is from a new 3-pack, one with all 3 movies. When I rip it I get a blurb about it not working with copying software. Also I can not find any MLPS that is 2:11, which I know from watching the movie on a Blu-ray player is the length of the unrated version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have included the logs and the screenshot. Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)

Attachments

• Expendables3.jpg
    Expendables3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_D_EXPENDABLES_3_0DC62329_DB34DED1.ziplog
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
That disc is supposedly handled just fine. From the status info "Java BD protection good playlists: 82"

Using a program BDInfo and looking in HandBrake Ver:1.2.2 (2019022300), I can not find anything at 2:11. I have tried ripping 3 of the MLPS and they all get the screenshot message. :(
If the disc is wrong, what is the right MLPS? VLC does not help you with Blu-ray discs and tell you the title that you are playing, and HandBrake lists so many at 2:05, but I do not know which one can be copied. I own the disc, I'm just trying to make a copy for my media server. So frustrating.

Using a program BDInfo and looking in HandBrake Ver:1.2.2 (2019022300), I can not find anything at 2:11. I have tried ripping 3 of the MLPS and they all get the screenshot message. :(
If the disc is wrong, what is the right MLPS? VLC does not help you with Blu-ray discs and tell you the title that you are playing, and HandBrake lists so many at 2:05, but I do not know which one can be copied. I own the disc, I'm just trying to make a copy for my media server. So frustrating.
I suggest you try CloneBD. I believe it will just work.

@ulborn

CloneBD is free to use to create MP4 or MKV if you don't need to compress/convert video. You can even create ISO with just the correct video tracks on it with the free version. See the comparison between free and pro versions shown at the bottom of the description: https://www.redfox.bz/clonebd.html

Cheers,

--michael

Back