• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VHS to DVD Conversions

highflyer4u

I just bought Dazzle DVD Recorder to convert vhs tapes to dvd utilizing Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder. My vhs player is connected to my pc using rc jacks and the Dazzle usb router. Dazzle is supposed to allow direct recording to a dvd without first down-loading to the hard drive.

The tapes I wish to convert are copy protected. I have AnyDVD running, but checking after a trial run, all I am recording on the dvd is sound....no video.

I then tried using Dazzle to down load to my hard drive, then use CloneDVD2 to make the dvd, but I'm not sure how to do it and when I tried, I just got sound...no video. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Try "Sima GoDVD." This product does not exist any more for sale anywhere but, you can get it off ebay. Sima GoDVD will remove any protection on a VHS/DVD/Blu-ray and it works great.

:)

The copy protection needs to be removed before it goes to your PC. There is an entire thread about that on this forum.

Suggestion: if the movies are available on DVD, then just buy the DVD's ... way less time, headaches and trouble. And ... who wants to watch 240 line per inch VHS resolution copied to DVD disk media meant for 480 lpi resolution or higher if played in Progressive Scan non-interlaced mode? You cannot increase VHS resolution by copying it to DVD.

Whisperer

Reply to Whisperer

What you say is true. However, buying extra, or new copies, instead of making back-ups of our videos, isn't real practical either. If we did that we wouldn't need any SlySoft products, would we! Thanks for your thoughts.

What you say is true. However, buying extra, or new copies, instead of making back-ups of our videos, isn't real practical either. If we did that we wouldn't need any SlySoft products, would we! Thanks for your thoughts.

I believe Whisperer was making reference to your VHS movies.

VHS movies unissued on dvd...

I have a good friend who has asked me to transfer certain VHS tapes to DVD --- because dvd not available, and due to copy protection the DVD Recorder kicks back. Could someone point me to the thread on this issue?

Many thanks.

K.

Back