• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD work on a Mac ??

SoundsGood

Call me crazy (or maybe just bored? ;)) but I'm actually thinking about getting a Macbook Pro.

Will the AnyDVD products work on a Mac?

Thanks...

At this current time, there is NO MAC OS X version of any of the slysoft products. If I was you I would stay away from the mac. But again thats just me. I have an iMac and I stopped using it untill I got windows :)

Call me crazy (or maybe just bored? ;)) but I'm actually thinking about getting a Macbook Pro.

Will the AnyDVD products work on a Mac?

Thanks...

Refer to the following threads:

(1) AnyDVD for Mac OS X

(2) when is anydvd coming to mac

There are other threads as well and a quick search would have located quite a few for you.

In short, AnyDVD will likely never be a native Mac application. You'll have to use virtualization software and run it under a Windows OS.

There are other threads as well and a quick search would have located quite a few for you.
I tried searching for "Mac" and here's what I got:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : mac

SoundsGood,
there is MacTheRipper: A DVD extractor for Mac OS X it does not seem to work well on SONY DVDs. And, there is popcorn 2 for the mAC OS X as well.

:)

SoundsGood,
there is MacTheRipper: A DVD extractor for Mac OS X it does not seem to work well on SONY DVDs. And, there is popcorn 2 for the mAC OS X as well.
Thanks very much, but I already paid for the entire AnyDVD software bundle. :(

Oh well. I guess I'll get Parallels for the Mac. Hopefully that will allow AnyDVD to work.

Thanks again...

Works great using Boot Camp

Stay away from Parralells for anything CPU intensive.

I have an iMac and have been running the latest version of Bootcamp to give me a dual boot machine with Windows Vista. The products work fine on my Windows Vista. They also worked fine when I had Windows XP with Bootcamp on my iMac.

Thanks, but I'd rather use something like Parallels or VMWare.

So, what would happen if I used AnyDVD with Parallels? Would it still work? Or ??? :confused:

Well, opinions vary. I like Parallels and the Mac version offers some very nice features that VMware doesn't. VirtualPC won't work at all. So you're left to BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare. Note, that I don't commonly use virtualization software and I only installed it on a PC with XP Pro. I have, however, see it run on a friend's Mac and it look impressive and they had no complaints. So, I'm biased toward Parallels.

I've heard of people using Parallels w/o problem and the same goes with Parallels and VMware. I'm not sure if I remember people having any problems with BootCamp.

Now, having said the above, one poster is currently stating that VMware 6.0 breaks AnyDVD however VMware 5.5 works just fine. Take this into account when making your decision.

It definitely would help matters if you already had a Mac. At least then you could try each of the options. Your opinion may differ from those offered.

Last edited:
Well, I'm leaning towards Parallels. But as you said, I don't have the Mac yet so I can't test it out. Maybe soon...

Anyway, thanks for the help. :)

I am using Bootcamp with Windows XP and all of my programs work just fine on my iMac

Parallels will work but it just won't run as fast as native (boot camp). So crunching/compressing/burning a DVD will take longer. Most reports are that things run around 80%-85% as fast as native. That said they are constantly tweaking and improving Parallels so they may be able to bring it up a bit more closer to native with more work. They offer a free 30 day trail so it doesn't cost you anything to give it a go.

Remember with Boot Camp you have to have an OEM version of Windows as well.

What were your results using Parallel?

SoundsGood, did you install Parallel and try running AnyDVD? If so, how did that go? Successful or stressful?

Back