• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transferability of profiles

Fred87

Hi,

I've got a Thinkpad X61s that doesn't have any kind of optical drive; if I get GameJackal, will creating the profiles on my PC, then copying them to the laptop work?

If you don't have an optical drive, how were you planning on installing the game to begin with?

Nope, no optical drive, no work.

The profile must be created on and with the computer that the game is going to be used on. A profile is computer specific. A profile made on one computer cannot be used on another computer. It was done this way so GJ couldn't be used for piracy.

Actually, Webslinger or a Dev. The requirements section on the main page for GJ should be updated to include a DVD/CD drive as a requirement.

Last edited:
If you don't have an optical drive, how were you planning on installing the game to begin with?
He said create a profile on one computer and copy to another. In any case the anwser is still no.

I was hoping to install from an image, but not have to keep the full image around.

I was hoping to install from an image, but not have to keep the full image around.

To the best of my knowlege that is not going to work. You must have an original disk in the drive to create a profile. If it would work with an image then anyone could use it to get a free copy of a game.

There are 2 issues.

1) If there is no cd/dvd drive, then GJ cannot attach to anything to perform it's feat. One solution is to use a virtual drive (such as Virtual CloneDrive), however most games will see these virtual drives and throw an error.

2) As everyone has pointed out, a profile is tied to a machine, the only way they can be used on another machine is if the same profile key was entered during the installation process. And before anyone asks... no, this key cannot be changed one it has been installed.

2) As everyone has pointed out, a profile is tied to a machine, the only way they can be used on another machine is if the same profile key was entered during the installation process. And before anyone asks... no, this key cannot be changed one it has been installed.

Apparently it can't be changed ever. I made a mistake and generated a new profile key at time of installation. I uninstalled, and reinstalled hoping to be able to correct my error and it found the previous profile key and used it again. How the heck can I change my profile key?

Back